Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 01:23 PM   #141
anis

Model: 9000
PIN: 2559BAF5
Carrier: Maxis
Smile LOVING the Bold!

Please Login to Remove!

I got the Bold on 20th Sept from Maxis; one of the first people who picked it.. I am loving the BOLD. Have changed 2 sets with Maxis since then, first one was not connecting to BlackBerry Service most of time, Second one the track ball was not working fine and getting hang going horizontally. Anyways, now all fixed and they were nice enough to replace to new set.

Just wondering about accesories, as per my research not available in Malaysia. The Modified Screen Protector are, but I prefer to keep to the company wrap on the screen for now.

Anyone interested to buy acessories, we can then order in Bulk from US to be delivered in KL?

Also, if anyone have any acessories to be sold, please msg me.

Regards,
Anis
Old 09-28-2008, 07:55 PM   #142
edcorner

PIN: N/A
Carrier: Celcom

I just got my BB Bold yesterday and subscribed to Celcom. I am a first time user of BlackBerry. May I know where can I download the v4.6.0.150 OS?
Old 09-28-2008, 09:53 PM   #143
illuminati

Model: Bold
Carrier: Celcom & Maxis

Hi, I'm the owner of Soleen Strategies Sdn Bhd.

Accessories should be appearing in the coming few weeks in select Blue Cube stores and following that in a number of other outlets perhaps. Am also exploring the possibility of online sales (to Malaysian addresses via Pos Laju only).

As for Blue Cube, I have no control as to what they intend to stock in their stores, so please, if there is something you want and it's not available, do communicate with Blue Cube personnel.

By the way, the skins that you received from Maxis, they were from my stock, so I'm not a "fly by night" type company. Hope that puts some or your minds at ease.

Baha
Old 09-28-2008, 10:12 PM   #144
JonisertP

Hi Baha,

online retail by you secara postlaju will be a good idea!! hehe
Old 09-29-2008, 12:26 AM   #145
s16ri

Hah! Good to know all got their precious Bold already. Enjoy every inch of it while you can

Last edited by s16ri; 09-29-2008 at 12:29 AM..
Old 09-29-2008, 12:30 AM   #146
s16ri

Enjoy the Bold while you can
Old 09-29-2008, 08:21 AM   #147
othernet
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: MOX

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony_chew View Post
Did you make sure the other person's PIN was properly accepted on your Bold? Could be as simple as that.

I've been messengering since the first day I got my device without any issues.
Hi All,

Thanks for the many replies, I was away - Singapore F1

Yes, the PIN is correct and that isn't my biggest concern now.

What I found out whilst in Singapore is how bad the connection is for the Bold with similar problems I face using in KL. I have to manually switch between 2G and 3G network (SingTel since it is part of Maxis' Bridge Alliance as the carrier). After switching, emails or messages that were "stuck" downloads into the BlackBerry. As far as I know, 3G is pretty much covered in 99.9% of Singapore, but the Bold will constantly lose its 3G connection. This is in random places and when it does, I will have to manually restart the 3G connection.

What is not making me freak out at the moment is that my friend is using an iPhone and he too faced some problems with his connection (Maxis/SingTel) - but mainly for SMS not sending. I read somewhere on Maxis that they are testing number portability and I am wondering if this has anything to do with it too.

I love the Bold, but I hope RIM will come out with an upgrade soon to solve this rather annoying problem. Never faced it with my old Curve, so I am guessing this is more to do with the Bold. Anyone facing this too?
Old 09-29-2008, 09:48 AM   #148
weileong
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9700
Carrier: Celcom Malaysia

othernet ,you're right, before using this bold, i using curve 8310 , I love my curve actually , but due to BOLD with 3G WIFI , Screen with higher resolution , i change to BOLD. But again many problem occurred even updated firmware to 4.6.0.150. Some of the minor problem like Ghost email icon, blinking Red LED for nothing ,battery drain fast... :( sighhh

Last edited by weileong; 09-29-2008 at 09:49 AM..
Old 09-29-2008, 02:37 PM   #149
s16ri

Quote:
Originally Posted by weileong View Post
othernet ,you're right, before using this bold, i using curve 8310 , I love my curve actually , but due to BOLD with 3G WIFI , Screen with higher resolution , i change to BOLD. But again many problem occurred even updated firmware to 4.6.0.150. Some of the minor problem like Ghost email icon, blinking Red LED for nothing ,battery drain fast... :( sighhh
Probably .150 hasn't been able to resolve those issues just yet. After all that version wasn't the official version yet IINM.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:38 PM   #150
gfunk11
Thumbs Must Hurt

Yes, it seems that the Curve has better stability as opposed to the BOLD. The Curve has been in the market for quite some time now and it is much more stable from the BOLD.

But hang on, given the capabilities of the BOLD and the features in abundance with it, I beg to differ. 3G HSDPA, Great Screen, layout is fantastic, ability to sync with 10+ mails, messengers, social websites, etc.etc. Whatever it may be, there's surely something that swayed everyone here to take the plunge with the BOLD. I'm grateful for the fact that there are NO HARDWARE defects so far with my BOLD (touch wood). So long as it's the so called 'memory leak' case, battery life case, etc. is all tolerable. I'm sure, the peeps down there in RIM are working rigorously to fix the probs. Once they get that right... well, let's put it... we can be BOLD.... ehehehe...

I've had my share of ups and downs with SmartPhones, PDA's, Regular Cell Phones, and SURELY.... NONE COME CLOSE TO THE BOLD!!! HTC DIamond, TyTnII, O2's, Samsung, SE, all have their own share of probs. The HTS even cost upwards of RM3.3k above!!! FOR WHAT??? A touch-flow and sub par performance? Touch screen? We all know, touch screen's are a hit and miss when it comes to devices on Windows Mobile. I've had HTC, Dopod, O2, ASUS, SE and the list goes on... but once my company gave me the 8310 Curve, well... as the saying goes, once you go Berry... you won't turn back... :D Just head on down to Windows Mobile, or individual manufacturers forums, and you'll see, the BOLD's list of suspect problems are somewhat minuscule to what they encounter.

All i'm trying to point out here is something rather simple. Instead of getting frustrated and annoyed or even outright pissed-off with the BOLD, learn to LOVE it, be patient with it, look at all the features and rest assured, there's NO other smartphone out there like it. Be positive and you'll get the most out of your BOLD experience. Where else could you get a Smartphone with the features it has and for just RM2,199 or cheaper from Celcom??? All I can say is.... I LOVE MY BOLD... worth every penny I spent!!!

With that, SELAMAT HARI RAYA & MAAF ZAHIR BATIN to all Muslim readers and forummers. To all my other brothers, Chinese, Indian, and everyone else in Malaysia and around the world... HAVE A HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
Old 09-29-2008, 09:43 PM   #151
gfunk11
Thumbs Must Hurt

Had a chance to test Roaming and to my surprise, it worked well. Was in Singapore too. However, there seemed to be times during the day when my bold seemed a little too quiet. So decided to change to 2G and voila, it started singing again. Not that noticeable, just in some areas with vast density of peeps, like the F1 track... networks were quite congested at that time.

Other than that, while on 3G or 2G setting, all around Singapore was A OK! Works well. A few hiccups here and there of course, but I guess it's gotta do with SingTel tweaking their cell broadcast with the anticipation of crowds and hoards of peeps roaming in Singapore. Hadn't had a problem with EDGE on Curve. Might want to take another trip down there next month, just to test out the Connectivity again. I'll be going to HK end of October, so, I can test out with PCCW or Hutchison or CSL there. Hope it's a breeze.... :D

Cheers!
Old 09-29-2008, 10:02 PM   #152
pongee
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: 2559B117

Wirelessly posted (7100g)

I must say I agree with gfunk, although there are problems with the new Bold, they are nothing compared to the frustrations of using WM, Symbian, etc. Did you know that the E71 does not have a copy/paste facility for instance? I must say the current radio performance of the Bold is poor compared to my previous BB's, but I'm sure that 6 months from now we'll all barely remember. I for one do not wish to trade my bold for anything else.

Taking your cue gfunk I'd like to wish my fellow Muslims Selamat Aidil Fitri and hope that my fellow Malaysians enjoy the break and the food

Cheers,

P.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:28 PM   #153
illuminati

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfunk11 View Post
Yes, it seems that the Curve has better stability as opposed to the BOLD. The Curve has been in the market for quite some time now and it is much more stable from the BOLD.

But hang on, given the capabilities of the BOLD and the features in abundance with it, I beg to differ. 3G HSDPA, Great Screen, layout is fantastic, ability to sync with 10+ mails, messengers, social websites, etc.etc. Whatever it may be, there's surely something that swayed everyone here to take the plunge with the BOLD. I'm grateful for the fact that there are NO HARDWARE defects so far with my BOLD (touch wood). So long as it's the so called 'memory leak' case, battery life case, etc. is all tolerable. I'm sure, the peeps down there in RIM are working rigorously to fix the probs. Once they get that right... well, let's put it... we can be BOLD.... ehehehe...

I've had my share of ups and downs with SmartPhones, PDA's, Regular Cell Phones, and SURELY.... NONE COME CLOSE TO THE BOLD!!! HTC DIamond, TyTnII, O2's, Samsung, SE, all have their own share of probs. The HTS even cost upwards of RM3.3k above!!! FOR WHAT??? A touch-flow and sub par performance? Touch screen? We all know, touch screen's are a hit and miss when it comes to devices on Windows Mobile. I've had HTC, Dopod, O2, ASUS, SE and the list goes on... but once my company gave me the 8310 Curve, well... as the saying goes, once you go Berry... you won't turn back... :D Just head on down to Windows Mobile, or individual manufacturers forums, and you'll see, the BOLD's list of suspect problems are somewhat minuscule to what they encounter.

All i'm trying to point out here is something rather simple. Instead of getting frustrated and annoyed or even outright pissed-off with the BOLD, learn to LOVE it, be patient with it, look at all the features and rest assured, there's NO other smartphone out there like it. Be positive and you'll get the most out of your BOLD experience. Where else could you get a Smartphone with the features it has and for just RM2,199 or cheaper from Celcom??? All I can say is.... I LOVE MY BOLD... worth every penny I spent!!!

With that, SELAMAT HARI RAYA & MAAF ZAHIR BATIN to all Muslim readers and forummers. To all my other brothers, Chinese, Indian, and everyone else in Malaysia and around the world... HAVE A HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
Well said!

The Bold is head over heels better then anything else out there as a total package... It's a tool.. some other hot phones are toys. Therein lies the difference
Old 09-29-2008, 10:37 PM   #154
kchuck

Carrier: Guess What

My Bold is working with me for just a few days, as what have been doing, always treat my BBs as my partners and keep on polishing them with the latest OS and applications. I am not a mere device tester, instead I work with and care about it. It's matter of the level of confidence in RIM, for me, I trust them.

BTW, the 3G coverage in HK is very stable in my opinion, one will enjoy it.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:50 PM   #155
JonisertP

Default I love my BB Bold!

Yippee,

When i first dreamt of owning a BB, many questions came to mind.

Will it perform as people said it would? Would it be practical, functional and reliable? would push email really work and help me get instant, everywhere access to my POP mails and work mail? Would it have wifi access in case 3G doesnt work or vice versa? Will i be able to go online wherever, whenever and however i want? Will i feel liberated, free from my desktop and yet be able to be productive? Will i instantly, absoloutely fall in love with my BB?

Well, yes,yes, yes, yes, and yes!

I have no regrets waiting and waiting for the Bold and now I am a proud and happy owner of the Bold. Ok, maybe got some issues here and there (maxis 3G dropped signals) but overall i cant be happier.

The bulk and size of the Bold may be a put off to some but I'm sure I will be able to handle it...Now if only I could get more accesories.

My batt does drain after a while so I may upgrade my OS but still adopting await and see attitude. Right now, my further aim is to get more apps (productivity) n games which will help me be a better BB lover. And dont forget the accesories...i so need a case!

anyway, for potential BB Bold people out there, welcome to the club, you won't regret it!

(sorry my post is a bit off topic haha).

btw, got mine from Maxis at Sunway Pyramid. so a bit also lah masuk the topic

p/s i absolutely friggingly delighted cos i managed to get my Lotus Notes email to push to my BB via forward rules. No need for BES! Yippee!

Jon
Old 09-29-2008, 10:55 PM   #156
othernet
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: MOX

Oh yeah! Absolutely! I think when one talks about the Bold, or Curve when compared with HTC, Nokia, or Palm or any other smartphone it has more to do with the fact that the Blackberry OS is vastly more stable than WinMo, S60 or PalmOS.

And that is precisely my point. I don't think any of us (or, most of us anyway) jumped into the early BB devices including the Curve because it was such a beauty. Other devices had the "looks" going for it but we preferred function over form.

The Bold is perhaps the first device from RIM that paid more attention to form and openly admitted by RIM itself. They now need to balance that with their core - function!

I have gone through the whole gamut of different mobile devices and OS, starting way back with the HP LX95 (and way back further even with the Sharp Wizard) and I think the beauty of RIM was that it was all about usability. Ultimately this is what it is all about. Not comparing the Bold to WinMo (or others), but with other Blackberries. And although the Bold is new with its attendant hiccups, RIM had better do something fast for its flagship product. I feel they are rushing out so many new products that they are not giving enough attention to their core, and that would be a shame.
Old 09-30-2008, 01:21 AM   #157
gfunk11
Thumbs Must Hurt

Totally agree with all of you. There are areas that are lacking with the BOLD. Seems RIM's gone all out to flood the market with allot of new devices that varies in features, BOLD, STORM, JAVELIN, etc. BOLD vs. IPHONE sort of, Storm vs. IPHONE and the rest of touch screen Windows Mobile, etc. RIM has to put more emphasis on getting the OS on the BOLD just right, else they'll sacrifice peeps confidence in them. In any case, BlackBerry's still has the largest market share of Smarphone's in the US and some other countries, it's increasing.

Let's hope they fix it soon and the new OS will complement the already magnificent hardware of the BOLD!

Cheers!
Old 09-30-2008, 08:03 AM   #158
s16ri

Wah! All praise for Bold as it deserved it. May more and more Malaysians embrace BlackBerry and like illuminati said, it's a tool, not toy. Selamat hari raya and have a pleasant holidays to all. Go for BlackBerry!
Old 09-30-2008, 11:42 AM   #159
weileong

Model: 9700
Carrier: Celcom Malaysia

Selamat Hari Raya and Safe journey to all of you.
Old 10-02-2008, 05:25 AM   #160
2tigers

Model: BOLD
Carrier: Maxis=>Celcom
Default BOLD Accessories

any one knows where I can get them locally. Don't really want to order from overseas. Want instant gratification! .
TIA
p.s browsed in Low Yat did not find anything for the BOLD. Not surprised lah. Blackberry is not mainstream consumer....yet.
Closed Thread