BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2005, 04:50 PM   #261
compscibOi
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7250

Please Login to Remove!

First of all thank you Rambler for not taking my post in a negative manner. I wanted to state that I keep trying. And thank you

I have:

Verizon 7250
BES
Full Bars

Tried downloading over the air AND using Desktop Manager - both won't connect.

Anyone with the same settings have any insight?

I've tried everything stated here on this topic : Changing ports and have the most recent updated version.

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-28-2005, 04:56 PM   #262
cnynrpr

Model: 7100t

Quote:
Originally Posted by twomblys
Whenever I click on download from the site, it takes me to a page where I enter my email, accept an agreement, etc... I click OK there and I go back to the site's main page. It's been that way for me forever. Any thoughts?
If you checked Over the Air, then check your email.
Old 09-28-2005, 05:11 PM   #263
Chrscott22
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9630
Carrier: Sprint

Is there any way to disable the feature that automatically puts you on away everytime you put it in the holster???? I've used it with both options checked and it always puts the away mess on when i holster.
Old 09-28-2005, 09:05 PM   #264
Slammed
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7520
Carrier: Nextel

Options , apps , rambler , then click on donot goto away

Something like that too tired to check sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrscott22
Is there any way to disable the feature that automatically puts you on away everytime you put it in the holster???? I've used it with both options checked and it always puts the away mess on when i holster.
Old 09-28-2005, 11:39 PM   #265
nick119

Model: 8700
Carrier: Cingular

great update again. Thanks a million for your time Rambler....

Quick question, when someone puts up an away message you cant tell if there away or still available until they go idle. Maybe its just me though. Anyone else have this problem....

Thanks again!
Old 09-29-2005, 08:38 AM   #266
kyle16
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T

first let me say thanks Rambler for all of your hard work on this great, FREE product for the BB!!!

couple of questions - i am still getting disconnected from the server quite frequently (even with the latest and greatest v0.9.10.8. i go and check the log after this happens and it usually is something like this, "a System - CMM: Ramble no sig from 0x33" and it is in there like 6 or 7 times back to back most of the time. anything i can do aside from wait for another update?

one more! - after the aformentioned disconnect, when i try to log back in the first time i usually get a msg saying malformed something or another OR bad dns. then i try it a second time and it almost always goes through at that point. anything to do on this one?
Old 09-29-2005, 01:11 PM   #267
bvarianlvr
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: t-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick119
great update again. Thanks a million for your time Rambler....

Quick question, when someone puts up an away message you cant tell if there away or still available until they go idle. Maybe its just me though. Anyone else have this problem....

Thanks again!
I have this problem too! I think if its not plain-vanilla AIM, such as AIM with add ons, or AOL, then it won't show away immediately. I don't know. My desktop AIM has CleanAIM, so i don't see my desktop being Away until it goes idle. Dunno why that is.
Old 09-29-2005, 01:13 PM   #268
bvarianlvr
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle16
couple of questions - i am still getting disconnected from the server quite frequently (even with the latest and greatest v0.9.10.8. i go and check the log after this happens and it usually is something like this, "a System - CMM: Ramble no sig from 0x33" and it is in there like 6 or 7 times back to back most of the time. anything i can do aside from wait for another update?
where do i find the logs?

Quote:
one more! - after the aformentioned disconnect, when i try to log back in the first time i usually get a msg saying malformed something or another OR bad dns. then i try it a second time and it almost always goes through at that point. anything to do on this one?
its been that way since i first started using ramble. same occurs with verichat, so it must be a device or java issue.
Old 09-29-2005, 03:06 PM   #269
kyle16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvarianlvr
where do i find the logs?

its been that way since i first started using ramble. same occurs with verichat, so it must be a device or java issue.

from the home screen, hold down while typing LGLG. this takes you to the blackberry log.

i was starting to think that was it - oh well maybe when it leaves beta this will be fixed!
Old 09-29-2005, 11:53 PM   #270
RedRaider

Model: none
Default Error Message

I just received my new Blackberry 7290 yesterday. I'm pleased with everything so far except instant messaging. This is something I have struggled with and have been unable to do.

I've read some posts and decided to try Rambler. I downloaded the application successfully. However, when I try to sign on I get the following error message:

"Invalid Connection String could not open tunnel - failed"

Any suggestions? Do I need to try another application?
Old 09-30-2005, 12:14 AM   #271
RedRaider

Model: none
Default It works now

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRaider
I've read some posts and decided to try Ramble. I downloaded the application successfully. However, when I try to sign on I get the following error message:

"Invalid Connection String could not open tunnel - failed"

Any suggestions? Do I need to try another application?
I figured it out . . . I found a post to fix the problem making an adjustment in "options/APN"

It works . . .
Old 09-30-2005, 06:58 AM   #272
bvarianlvr
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
I figured it out . . . I found a post to fix the problem making an adjustment in "options/APN"

It works . . .
Welcome to the group! It's addictive!
Old 09-30-2005, 07:18 AM   #273
kyle16

Quote:

It works . . .
please elaborate on what your solution was (for the rest of us!). i have searched post after post after post - finally coming to the conclusion that my problem lies in the IT Policy on my BB. i know the solution to the policy, but i want to make sure that i have explored all other options before pursuing that avenue. mainly too because i hate having to manually write down everything in Jabplite before wiping the device (i wish they would fix that).
Old 09-30-2005, 09:53 AM   #274
Steveborz

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon
Default Help

Has anyone else had this happen? Installed the app and when logging in get the following: Invalid Connection String: could not open tunnel - failed
Old 09-30-2005, 10:39 AM   #275
kyle16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveborz
Has anyone else had this happen? Installed the app and when logging in get the following: Invalid Connection String: could not open tunnel - failed
dude please SEARCH the forums before posting something like that, please. its the most covered topic (i think) on the site. good luck, i know you will find a lot of stuff on this matter.
Old 10-02-2005, 09:11 PM   #276
Rambler

Model: 7750

So has anyone downloaded and/or tried to use the 'Email Conversation' extension to Ramble?

Also, I've been trying out BBToday and I was wondering if people would think a Ramble field would be useful (show how many buddies are online, maybe how many messages are waiting, etc.). NOT making a promise to do it, just thinking about whether people would find it useful.
Old 10-02-2005, 09:21 PM   #277
nick119

Model: 8700
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler
So has anyone downloaded and/or tried to use the 'Email Conversation' extension to Ramble?

Also, I've been trying out BBToday and I was wondering if people would think a Ramble field would be useful (show how many buddies are online, maybe how many messages are waiting, etc.). NOT making a promise to do it, just thinking about whether people would find it useful.
Yeah I have both tried and downloaded the Email Conversation extension. It works great and I find it very useful. Thanks for making it.

Also I don't know if anyone else notices this but when i'm running bbToday and ramble simultaneously, I dont get a lot of battery life, maybe 18 hours at most. But I recently have uninstalled bbtoday and have been getting a battery life of 28 hours +...

Thanks again Ramble...
Old 10-05-2005, 11:23 PM   #278
Rambler

Model: 7750

So I have a little bit of news. For those of you who have experienced the problem with AutoAway in the past, I finally found out what was going on. It was a ! where there shouldn't have been one. Details...

Anyway, there is another pretty nice update coming out that I hope will fix 7100 series device's sound, and has a new interface for remembering multiple AOL accounts. Also, I _think_ it solves many of the obscure 'drop connection' problems that occurred from time to time. It should now go up, and stay up.

Anyway, testing is ongoing, hope to release soon.
Old 10-05-2005, 11:29 PM   #279
Soapm
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9900
Carrier: TMO

If you need help testing just hollar!
Old 10-06-2005, 06:14 AM   #280
bvarianlvr
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler
So I have a little bit of news. For those of you who have experienced the problem with AutoAway in the past, I finally found out what was going on. It was a ! where there shouldn't have been one. Details...

Anyway, there is another pretty nice update coming out that I hope will fix 7100 series device's sound, and has a new interface for remembering multiple AOL accounts. Also, I _think_ it solves many of the obscure 'drop connection' problems that occurred from time to time. It should now go up, and stay up.

Anyway, testing is ongoing, hope to release soon.
Outstanding! We're on the lookout!
Closed Thread