Old 08-05-2010, 01:13 AM   #1
Slow Joe

Model: Pearl
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint
Default BB 8530 text input issue after installing .654

Please Login to Remove!

Hi, all.

I promise I searched the forums before posting, but I can't seem to find anyone else who's had the same problem. First off, I have:

Phone: BB 8530
Service: Sprint

I upgraded from the OS it came with about two weeks ago, and it's been uneventful except for one maddening problem. I use predictive text for input, and ever since I updated the OS, I've noticed an occasional glitch. The best way I can describe it is, let's say I'm typing the word "driving". If I type out d-r-i-v-i the predictive feature will show in highlighted font the entire word "driving". So when I click the trackpad button to accept this suggestion, it will occasionally fill in the full word AND bring up the menu, highlighting the "send" option.

It's as if I click the trackpad button twice.

It sounds like a hardware issue, but it never happened with the old OS, and it only happens occasionally now. It's irritating as hell when it does, because I then have to click the escape key to get rid of the stupid menu so I can continue typing.

Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone have a suggestion? I'm considering reverting back to the old OS, though I'd like to try everything else first.

Thanks in advance!

Joe
Old 08-20-2010, 11:43 PM   #2
mmtforme

Model: 8530

Hi,I have had the same problem since the same upgrade. It will only do it with certain words, like when I am typing in my email address for, example, registering for a web page. I type the first few letters, then it auto fills the second part of the email address and starts to load the next page as if I double clicked to send. No clue how to solve this problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow Joe View Post
Hi, all.

I promise I searched the forums before posting, but I can't seem to find anyone else who's had the same problem. First off, I have:

Phone: BB 8530
Service: Sprint

I upgraded from the OS it came with about two weeks ago, and it's been uneventful except for one maddening problem. I use predictive text for input, and ever since I updated the OS, I've noticed an occasional glitch. The best way I can describe it is, let's say I'm typing the word "driving". If I type out d-r-i-v-i the predictive feature will show in highlighted font the entire word "driving". So when I click the trackpad button to accept this suggestion, it will occasionally fill in the full word AND bring up the menu, highlighting the "send" option.

It's as if I click the trackpad button twice.

It sounds like a hardware issue, but it never happened with the old OS, and it only happens occasionally now. It's irritating as hell when it does, because I then have to click the escape key to get rid of the stupid menu so I can continue typing.

Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone have a suggestion? I'm considering reverting back to the old OS, though I'd like to try everything else first.

Thanks in advance!

Joe
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 08-21-2010, 11:19 AM   #3
Slow Joe

Model: Pearl

Well, I'm glad that at least I'm not the only one.
Closed Thread