BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 05:36 PM   #1
controlair
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: BES
Carrier: AT&T
Default Problem in upgrading to v4.2.1.96 (AT&T) !

Please Login to Remove!

I've had this problem on the first two devices and I am trying to find out a solution before I proceed with the next one.

(1) After the upgrade w/ backup & restore option, device boot up successfully, looks like everything (data / setting) the user had was kept. However I am not able to do any test mail.

(2) After digging deeper, I found out everything under Settings - Options - Advance Options - Message Services is WIPED OUT. When I said wiped out, I don't mean the setting is altered or reset to default, but -- there is absolutely nothing displayed under the page.

(3) I have to do a wireless activation over again and spent extra time waiting for the device to be configured. Do a couple of tests, and then return the device to the user.

This is wastign me too much time, I hope (2) does not have to happen so I don't have to do (3) anymore in the next Pearl that I upgrade to 4.2.1.96. (AT&T version). Any idea?
Old 07-23-2007, 11:01 PM   #2
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles

If you do the upgrade while connected to the user's email system then the activation will start automatically. Otherwise, it's just as quick to give a call to the BES admin and ask for an activation password. (if this is necessary I simply call them beforehand and then enter the password after the upgrade is complete.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:18 AM   #3
controlair
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: BES

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark View Post
If you do the upgrade while connected to the user's email system then the activation will start automatically. Otherwise, it's just as quick to give a call to the BES admin and ask for an activation password. (if this is necessary I simply call them beforehand and then enter the password after the upgrade is complete.

John,

1. I am the BES admin.

2. I know how to do the activation, but my problem was -- When I did handheld software upgrade before, everything used to be preserved, but in this new one, the message service was wiped out as I described above, and I have to take additional time to make the device working again, which never happened in any upgrades that I did before.
Closed Thread