BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 02:37 PM   #1
Rwillis

Model: none
Default Where Do I Go?!

Please Login to Remove!

Hello All,

We just recieved a new employee who wants to hook up his blackberry with our exchange. Will i need to create another user account that will forward to his blackberry and create an alias between both email accounts (his regular email and blackberry email)? Im extremely new to this! If anyone could point me in the right direction on "how to configure" his blackberry with our network, it would be much appreciated!! Do i need to install BES ultimately to get his blackberry to recieve network emails? I hope im clear on what i am trying to accomplish!!

Regards,
Ryan W.
Old 03-24-2006, 03:21 PM   #2
TLM

Model: 7290

Can configure the Berry desktop software for forward to the blackberry. But, will require that his desktop is running all the time, with desktop email up too, I believe. To get really good functionality, with no desktop stuff required, and access to attachments, you'll need the BES server.
Old 03-24-2006, 04:26 PM   #3
Rwillis

Model: none

Thanks for the quick reply!! Would you know the costs of purchasing BES? We are using 2000/03 & Scalix for email services. I think implementing BES would be choice for my company!! Thanks again for the advice!

Ryan W.
Old 03-26-2006, 09:04 PM   #4
slapshotw
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700g
Carrier: T-mobile

Hi,

You wouldn't need to use Desktop Redirector, even if you don't get BES. The Blackberry can check exchange mail using IMAP, if you allow IMAP connections. Basically, if you have Outlook Web Access, you can do it. When you're configuring the Blackberry email, just give it the Outlook Web Access settings.

This will only work for email though, not addresses and tasks and such. Does the user need that?

-Matt
Old 03-27-2006, 12:33 AM   #5
jibi
BlackBerry God

Model: 8900
Carrier: AT&T

http://www.blackberry.com/purchasing...g/us/bes.shtml