Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 04:03 PM   #1
sjt79
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
Carrier: VZW - Love/Hate
Question 8130 Media Player glitch?

Please Login to Remove!

I had MP3's on my microSD card that was in my 8830. I inserted the card right into my 8130 when I got it last night. When I tried to play the MP3's, it would cut off 5 seconds from it at the end (while still showing the actual full length in the track listing). So I formatted the microSD card using the 8130 and put the MP3's back onto the microSD card. It's doing the same thing. When I hit play, it shows the real time of the track for a QUICK second and then instantly shaves 5 seconds off of it.

Anyone else experience this?
Old 11-13-2007, 08:24 PM   #2
sjt79
Thumbs Must Hurt

So I was on the phone for an hour with someone from RIM (Verizon transferred me). They couldn't get any of their BB's to duplicate the problem and said this model doesn't have a "fade out" option in the media player. However (as people are starting to post here) I'm running on the newest version, 4.3 They said they only have one newer version, but it's still in testing, but no bugs there either.

They don't know why it worked fine on my 8830 using "drag and drop" in mass media mode on my mac and not the 8130. However, they said that it should only be done through Roxio. When I asked what the purpose of having the mass media mode with the SD card, he kind of faltered and didn't have a response. I'll try using Roxio on my Windows laptop and see if I get anywhere.

This sucks that I can't drag and drop on my mac!
Old 11-14-2007, 08:35 AM   #3
sjt79
Thumbs Must Hurt

Ok, so this is even more weird. I tried using my Windows XP laptop by just dragging and dropping in mass media mode as well as using Roxio Media Manager. Neither one worked. The MP3's still get cut off. So I decided to try some other songs. THEY WORKED JUST FINE! So it's just these specific files that were on the card when it was in the 8830. However, I have since reformatted the card numerous times and tried to upload from various machines under various conditions.

So obviously it's the MP3's themselves, but I don't know what setting (if there even is one) that is making them cut off and all of my other ones not. So frustrating!
Old 11-14-2007, 10:23 AM   #4
Danabw
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

I've had problems playing MP3s on other devices due to tags in the files...maybe try stripping out tags and see if they still have problems playing.

I used MP3Tag...Mp3tag - the universal Tag Editor (ID3v1, ID3v2, APEv2)

May not help, should not hurt.
Old 11-14-2007, 05:49 PM   #5
sjt79
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danabw View Post
I've had problems playing MP3s on other devices due to tags in the files...maybe try stripping out tags and see if they still have problems playing.

I used MP3Tag...Mp3tag - the universal Tag Editor (ID3v1, ID3v2, APEv2)

May not help, should not hurt.
Danabw, you rock! Thank you so much! These were the only files I had that were downloaded clips from a friend, rather than ripped straight from a CD. So they had a bunch of miscellaneous "comments" in the tag. As soon as I removed them and re-saved the tags, they work just fine on the 8130. I'm just curious (not much, tho, of course ) what differs between the code on the 8830 and the 8130 that made them work fine on the media player on the 8830 and then not fine on the 8130.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:18 PM   #6
TylerBoneZJoneZ
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Droid
PIN: INK
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

So is this NEWER OS out? Or do you know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjt79 View Post
So I was on the phone for an hour with someone from RIM (Verizon transferred me). They couldn't get any of their BB's to duplicate the problem and said this model doesn't have a "fade out" option in the media player. However (as people are starting to post here) I'm running on the newest version, 4.3 They said they only have one newer version, but it's still in testing, but no bugs there either.

They don't know why it worked fine on my 8830 using "drag and drop" in mass media mode on my mac and not the 8130. However, they said that it should only be done through Roxio. When I asked what the purpose of having the mass media mode with the SD card, he kind of faltered and didn't have a response. I'll try using Roxio on my Windows laptop and see if I get anywhere.

This sucks that I can't drag and drop on my mac!
Old 11-15-2007, 08:24 AM   #7
sjt79
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerBoneZJoneZ View Post
So is this NEWER OS out? Or do you know?
The tech said that I have the newest version that is RELEASED. He said three separate times that the only newer version they have is only in testing, not even released outside of RIM for testing (such as beta testing to certain markets, etc). So, to make a long story even longer, no, it's not released yet.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:47 AM   #8
Danabw
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Danabw, you rock! Thank you so much! These were the only files I had that were downloaded clips from a friend, rather than ripped straight from a CD. So they had a bunch of miscellaneous "comments" in the tag. As soon as I removed them and re-saved the tags, they work just fine on the 8130. I'm just curious (not much, tho, of course ) what differs between the code on the 8830 and the 8130 that made them work fine on the media player on the 8830 and then not fine on the 8130.
Glad it worked for you...I pulled much hair out before someone passed that tip on to me a while back, so I know how you feel.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:50 AM   #9
Danabw
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
The tech said that I have the newest version that is RELEASED. He said three separate times that the only newer version they have is only in testing, not even released outside of RIM for testing (such as beta testing to certain markets, etc). So, to make a long story even longer, no, it's not released yet.
Mark Venture has said that the Telus Pearls on 4.3.0.65 (vs. the Verizon 4.3.0.60)...so supposedly there is a newer Pearl OS version that has been released, that should become available as soon as Telus posts it...I believe it will show up here as an 8130 download option:

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...E607FE7CC0E1A0
Old 03-17-2008, 01:38 PM   #10
trippcook

Carrier: Sprint
Angry

Quote:
Anyone else having this issue? This did not help me at all. Not only does this happen to me with Podcasts, but also with songs that have NO comments in the tags. I do have album art saved in tags, but otherwise, the tags are perfectly normal.

This is incredibly annoying, as there doesn't appear to be much rhyme or reason to it. I do load the songs in mass storage mode.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:50 PM   #11
zebek

Model: 8703e
Carrier: TELUS Mobility

yes, finally someone else having this problem.....soooo frustrating........

I am with TELUS on version 4.3.0.65
Old 07-22-2008, 11:52 PM   #12
zebek

Model: 8703e
Carrier: TELUS Mobility

SOLVED...............

I have gone and downloaded the US cellular updated OS, and I have used the install any version OS hack to get it on my TELUS 8130, and it has solved all my issues. I am not sure what was causing the issues, but it seems to be resolved, as all my MP3's are now playing correctly and not clipping off at the end........

Whoo hoo finally after like 3 months....
Closed Thread