BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 01:22 PM   #181
RemyJ
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
Carrier: ATT

Please Login to Remove!

Well, it looks like you're doing everything correctly. Try downloading the app over-the-air by going to this link from the BlackBerry: http://keepassbb.sourceforge.net/ota/keepassbb.jad

Also, I'm not getting notified of replies to this thread on a consistent basis so you might be better off using the sourceforce site for support.

SourceForge.net: KeePass for BlackBerry
Old 07-18-2008, 02:39 PM   #182
Treikayan

Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Cingular

Thank you, RemyJ. I appreciate your feedback.

The file downloaded successfully. Hopefully, this is my last query here, so I don't have to go to SourceForge.

I do see the little icon on the BB Curve for KeePass after I downloaded the file. I went back and checked the "Configure" under "Configure Add-ins" to make sure the right *.kdb file is selected.

In "Application Loader," KeePass is checked as installed on the phone.

Here is the problem though. When I do "Synchronize Now," I receive a new error on the phone (I'm so close to getting it to work).

Error: "There was an error on the device, probably a bad password. Use <ALT>LGLG on the device to check the log."

I did that, but is there a way to export the log to a text file so I can repost it?

Secondly, when I click on the KeePass icon on the BB Curve, I get this error:

"The persistent database was not signed with the proper key."

I'm not sure how to fix that one. Thank you again for your further assistance.

EDIT:

I also tried creating a new *.kdb file and synchronize the phone to the new KeePass file. I still get the same errors listed in this post.

Last edited by Treikayan; 07-18-2008 at 02:42 PM..
Old 07-25-2008, 02:49 PM   #183
Treikayan

Model: 8800
Carrier: Cingular

RemyJ,

Everything checks out. I didn't make anymore changes to anything, but Oddly, KeePass is working correctly now. Everything syncs with Desktop/BB.

Thank you for your help.
Old 07-30-2008, 03:38 PM   #184
Change Agent

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon

RemyJ,

I have followed the installation instructions but when I use the application loader I get the following error message and the application does not install:

Warnings were encountered during the loading process:
The following modules could not be loaded because their digital signatures were invalid.

keepassbb.cod

What does this mean?
Old 07-30-2008, 04:44 PM   #185
RemyJ
CrackBerry Addict

Hmmm. I'm guessing the download was corrupted. Try downloading again and if that doesn't work, try using the OTA download and see if that works.

http://keepassbb.sourceforge.net/ota/keepassbb.jad
Old 07-31-2008, 01:33 PM   #186
brewabel

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T

Ok. I've followed this thread along and I'm still having issues with my Curve as well and syncing the db's.
  • I've installed the KeePass desktop version from the sourceforge site.
  • I've installed KeePassBB both through OTA and from the App Loader on the desktop. (I get the nothing to load error when trying to install by pointing to the alx file)
  • I'm running version 4.3 for the desktop manager but can't seem to get to the Add In button under synchronize. It's greyed out for me.

Any thoughts on why I'm not seeing that?
Old 07-31-2008, 04:16 PM   #187
RemyJ
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewabel View Post
Ok. I've followed this thread along and I'm still having issues with my Curve as well and syncing the db's.
  • I've installed the KeePass desktop version from the sourceforge site.
  • I've installed KeePassBB both through OTA and from the App Loader on the desktop. (I get the nothing to load error when trying to install by pointing to the alx file)
  • I'm running version 4.3 for the desktop manager but can't seem to get to the Add In button under synchronize. It's greyed out for me.
Any thoughts on why I'm not seeing that?
Is the device connected at the time?

Did you actually run the msi file? That's what registers the add-in with the desktop manager. You have to restart the desktop manager for it to recognize the add-in.

Are you on a BES server that might have a policy preventing loading add-ins?
Old 08-04-2008, 10:22 PM   #188
warrior69

Model: 8310
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Change Agent View Post
RemyJ,

I have followed the installation instructions but when I use the application loader I get the following error message and the application does not install:

Warnings were encountered during the loading process:
The following modules could not be loaded because their digital signatures were invalid.

keepassbb.cod

What does this mean?
RemyJ,
I have the same problem like "Change Agent".

If I try to install KeePassBB over Desktop Manager, i get the error message "The following modules could not be loaded because their digital signatures were invalid. keepassbb.cod"

If I try to install KeePassBB over the OTA link, i get the error message "According to the IT rules downlods of third-party applications are not allowed."

Can it be that the IT rules of my company deny installation of any third-party applications and I therefore get this errors?

Regards, Warrior69
Old 08-06-2008, 10:42 AM   #189
RemyJ
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior69 View Post
RemyJ,
I have the same problem like "Change Agent".

If I try to install KeePassBB over Desktop Manager, i get the error message "The following modules could not be loaded because their digital signatures were invalid. keepassbb.cod"

If I try to install KeePassBB over the OTA link, i get the error message "According to the IT rules downlods of third-party applications are not allowed."

Can it be that the IT rules of my company deny installation of any third-party applications and I therefore get this errors?

Regards, Warrior69
Yep. I'm guessing that's the problem.
Old 09-09-2008, 09:36 AM   #190
enrogue
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8900
Carrier: Rogers
Default KeePass on OS 4.5 - Not Working

Since I upgraded my 8310 to OS v4.5, I can no longer access the OPTIONS in KeePass. Once in KeePass, when you push OPTIONS after Menu, nothing happens!

Any ideas?

EnR
Old 09-09-2008, 10:29 AM   #191
RemyJ
CrackBerry Addict

Exactly which version of 4.5?

I just posted a new version the other day. Give it a shot.
Make sure you have a backup of your database then uninstall the current version and install the new one. Don't just install over the current version.

Old 09-09-2008, 10:59 AM   #192
visortgw
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9930
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Thumbs up

Works great for me using an 8830 with OS v4.5.0.77!
Old 09-09-2008, 11:53 AM   #193
dmacd
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: Orange UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemyJ View Post

Excellent new search. It now looks up any instances of the characters you type. Thanks, RemyJ.
Old 09-09-2008, 12:32 PM   #194
enrogue
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8900
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemyJ View Post
Exactly which version of 4.5?

Make sure you have a backup of your database then uninstall the current version and install the new one. Don't just install over the current version.

4.5.0.55 - the latest... I have tried removing and re-installing. Same issue !
Old 09-14-2008, 04:01 AM   #195
adamlau
CrackBerry Addict

Carrier: Sprint

1.1.792 installed and works flawlessly on .55. Offhand, I feel that this is THE password manager to use, easily distancing itself from traditional heavyweights such as SplashID. Unobtrusive installation footprints on both the device and desktop, ease of administration and stable performance equate to a true gem of an application. Now if only Twofish were supported on the device ...
Old 09-14-2008, 12:22 PM   #196
RemyJ
CrackBerry Addict

TwoFish huh? I'll work on it.

Thanks for the kind words.
Old 09-14-2008, 04:07 PM   #197
adamlau
CrackBerry Addict

How can one not shower an app such as KP for BB (KPBB) with kind words ? There is no comparison with SplashID (of which I am a registered user), CryptMagic (also a registered user) and DataVault (yup, registered as well). SID has a great desktop app with device issues I can write a thesis on. CM has superb device support with a lightweight, yet unstable desktop app. And DataVault does some things better than both, yet some things markedly worse. Aside from Twofish support, perhaps KPBB can offer...

1. Support for full screen (similar to 'U' hiding the banner/titlebar in Browser)
2. Option to hide all icons for a speedy, text-only experience (CryptMagic).
3. Option to hide the 'URL' field (global setting across all entries).
4. Option to hide the 'Notes' title BUT NOT the notes data field as the 'Notes' title consumes an entire line of otherwise unused space.
5. Support for configurable font sizes for improved legibility at a distance in secure environments (at home) and improved security in hostile areas (in close quartered, public areas where a peek over your shoulder could reveal your personal information).
6. Menu key upon password entry dialog cancellation brings up the following startup menu shortcuts: NIODOSASC. Perhaps we can rename 'Options...' to 'Preferences' to take advantage of first-letter keypress shortcuts (from an 'O' to a 'P').
7. Menu key when database is opened displays the following menu shortcuts: EVDNNNCISODOSASEC. Again, 'Options...' to 'Preferences' to take advantage of first-letter keypress shortcuts. In an effort to remain consistent with KP 1.13 on the desktop, 'New' to 'Add' ('N' to 'A') for one, or two options, and 'Search' to 'Find' ('S' to 'F').
8. Retain consistent letter casing. For example, we have 'Delete Group' and then 'New sub group'. Initial characters should be capitalized and following the lead of KP 1.13, 'sub group' should be 'Subgroup'. 'Change master password' to 'Change Master Key'
9. Remove 'Search...' for the startup menu as it serves no purpose. A database cannot be searched unless it is first loaded.
10. Remove 'Statistics...' from all menus as it only serves no purpose for normal users. Or does it?
11. 'Delete persistent store' should be clarified to 'Delete Stored Database'.
12. 'Import KeePass database' can be shortened to to 'Import Database'.

When KP is launched and...

1. The database password is not input and the device is left untouched...
2. The device backlight timeout is reached and the backlight turns off...

...Waking the device results in the screen displaying KPBB (as it should), but without the titlebar (as it should not). Subsequent password entry, and/or cancellation of the password entry dialog results in an eventual White Screen Of Death (WSOD). This behavior has been confirmed on two 8310 devices (one with .55, the other with .69), both of which were wiped and reinstalled with default settings for the express purpose of examining the behavior of KPBB under standard conditions. However, if...

1. The password entry dialog is cancelled out of, and the device is left untouched...
2. The device backlight timeout is reached and the backlight turns off...

...KPBB behaves as expected after waking and a database can be loaded for use without issue. Can someone else confirm this behavior?

Another cause for concern is that upon cancellation of the password entry dialog upon program launch, program 'Options' are available which can reveal the URL of the external database, thereby allowing the database to be accessed. Although the database is password protected, removing access to the database should be the first step towards the securification of personal data. Yes there are workarounds, but this is something to consider if you have set your options to auto reload an external database. Along the same lines, 'Import KeePass database' should not retain URL settings either. Clear the fields after every failed and successful entry.

Do not let any of this scare you from using KPBB, folks. For when all is said and done and having registered and toyed with with the competitors for years, KP for BB has become the password manager of choice for me.

Additional Notes:

1. SPACE should bring the user back to the search field versus opening an entry (which can be accomplished by depressing the trackball/trackwheel and/or ENTER).

Last edited by adamlau; 09-15-2008 at 03:31 PM..
Old 09-14-2008, 04:14 PM   #198
adamlau
CrackBerry Addict

[Double post ...]

Last edited by adamlau; 09-14-2008 at 04:15 PM..
Old 09-14-2008, 04:33 PM   #199
RemyJ
CrackBerry Addict

Holy Moly!

All good suggestions, and I have some time to work on them.
Old 09-14-2008, 04:57 PM   #200
adamlau
CrackBerry Addict

Excellent, added a few more notes to the list above. KPBB is a wonderful app and has been added to LIST: Latest Versions of 3rd Party Software (Mini Version Tracker) .

Last edited by adamlau; 09-14-2008 at 05:01 PM..
Closed Thread