BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 12:39 PM   #1
John Titor

Model: 8800
Default for the life of me I cant get my blackberry to properly sync with my mailbox

Please Login to Remove!

I'm on a hosted BES, and I can't get the blackberry to properly sync

I'm able to send/receive mail fine, but other than that the sync isnt going to well.

For ex., right now I have only 1 unread email in outlook, but on the blackberry i have over 180 unread emails even though I deleted them in outlook

'reconcile now' doesnt help either.

In options > email reconcilation i have message services as 'desktop', delete on 'mailbox & handheld' (though I've tried just 'handheld') wireless reconcile to 'on' and on conflicts to 'mailbox wins'

What am I overlooking here? This is driving me up the wall!

I'm a new BB user so I understand there can be some time to get used to this but with WM 5.0 i had push email setup in literally 5 minutes and everything was synced perfectly

I really want to keep the 8800 (sexiest smartphone ive used and ive used em all) but my email is mission critical and I'm now on day 3 of trying to get everything perfect. Please don't make me go back to WinMo
Old 03-01-2007, 01:51 PM   #2
Pizzle
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 8310
PIN: T + PINT = QUART
Carrier: at&t

Are you permanently deleting the e-mails when you delete them in Outlook? or simply moving to the recycle bin?

If it's the former, then your Blackberry can't reconcile with something that's not there. If it's in the recycle bin, though, it will be "deleted" but will still be in a folder mapped to the BB that it can read.

Welcome to the Forums.
Old 03-01-2007, 01:59 PM   #3
John Titor

Hey thanks for the help...

When you say recycle bin i assume you mean the deleted items folder?

I moved em to the deleted items folder and then permanently deleted them.

I manually filter out my junkmail in outlook on my desktop and then i perm delete it....i guess this isnt the best method of doing that now that i have a blackberry?

How do i do this while keeping my blackberry perfectly syncd. Whats the recommended method?

Thanks again
Old 03-01-2007, 01:59 PM   #4
kelvin
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8830
Carrier: VZW

I have several users in my area who have found out first hand what Pizzle is talking about. The other part is - even if you just delete your items, but have Outlook set to empty the deleted items folder on exit and you exit before your sync, you are still out of luck.
Old 03-01-2007, 02:18 PM   #5
BB-Munkey

Model: 8100
Carrier: Cingular
Default to add on...

wireless reconciliation between your mailbox and handheld should happen within a minute or two. you can also force the process by using the "Reconcile Now" feature (Messages>Reconcile Now). But the bottom line is the message(s) has to be in the deleted items folder for it to be removed from the handheld. i have told people the best thing to do is to empty the Deleted Items folder first thing the morning that way the device has had ample time to reconcile with your mailbox. (overkill yes, but works very nicely)

also watch out for items you move to other folders in Outlook. Those will still show up on the Blackberry unless you Hide Filed Messages (Messages>Options>General Options)
Old 03-01-2007, 05:38 PM   #6
John Titor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB-Munkey
wireless reconciliation between your mailbox and handheld should happen within a minute or two. you can also force the process by using the "Reconcile Now" feature (Messages>Reconcile Now). But the bottom line is the message(s) has to be in the deleted items folder for it to be removed from the handheld. i have told people the best thing to do is to empty the Deleted Items folder first thing the morning that way the device has had ample time to reconcile with your mailbox. (overkill yes, but works very nicely)

also watch out for items you move to other folders in Outlook. Those will still show up on the Blackberry unless you Hide Filed Messages (Messages>Options>General Options)
ah thank you now I understand, before I had been immediately perm-deleting without giving the bb a chance to reconcile
Old 03-01-2007, 07:53 PM   #7
John Titor

ok got another ?

i noticed mail in my junk e-mail folder in outlook doesnt get sent to my BB - thats how its supposed to be right?

For some reason it seems every now and then 1 of the junk emails will appear in the inbox on my bb, why does this happen?

Thanks again
Old 03-02-2007, 10:09 AM   #8
takeshi
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB-Munkey
Though mail moved to a folder by a server-side rule won't be delivered by default.
Closed Thread