Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 08:15 AM   #141
camattin
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830
PIN: 32CA9578
Carrier: Sprint

Please Login to Remove!

The bbSuperLoud ringer is ridiculously loud. I about have a coronary every time my phone rings when it's out of the holster. Even if it's on the other side of the house. (And because of this, I cannot at all relate to the other 8830 users complaining of a low ringer.)
Old 02-07-2008, 01:51 AM   #142
Justa85

PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Smile I figured it out!

Trying to figure out ways to make it louder?

Well, i was real frustrated with this phone, untill i read some posts, and messed around with it for a few hours... or so... anyways, feel free to contact me if theses instructions aren't clear enough... i don't usually join these things, but if i can help end frustration... then let it be! :D

Now... to get the tone to your liking, you just may still need to amplify it... but you will notice a GREAT difference when you do this...

-Click the menu button (the dotted one left of the ball that scrolls)
-Then Go to the pofiles, and select it.
-Scroll all the way down to advanced...
(now i did this on my normal... but pick whatever one you'd like)
-Scroll up or down to the profile you'd like to change
-Hit the menu button again, and go to Edit
(here you can change a bunch of stuff... but for the ringer, do this...)
-Scroll down to Phone

THEN -> All you have to do is make the volume high on here...
-Then go to Tune: and just scroll to one, or the one you have, and you should see a HUGE difference...

Like i said, it's not as loud as my old phone, but hey, i can hear it now, and i don't have any more missed calls! You can amplify it using whatever i suppose, i use VoiceTones, but you don't have to use a wav, i just use MP3's from my micro SD... I'm kinda curious if this doesn't work for someone else... but for me, it works great, and makes this phone one of the best that i've had.

SchwartzStern is my aim, and [email address] is an email... or you can repost here... i'll be checking it now that i've posted... Good luck guys!

Ryan
Old 02-07-2008, 02:28 PM   #143
kjjb0204
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9630
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justa85 View Post
Click the menu button (the dotted one left of the ball that scrolls)
-Then Go to the pofiles, and select it.
-Scroll all the way down to advanced...
(now i did this on my normal... but pick whatever one you'd like)
-Scroll up or down to the profile you'd like to change
-Hit the menu button again, and go to Edit
(here you can change a bunch of stuff... but for the ringer, do this...)
-Scroll down to Phone

THEN -> All you have to do is make the volume high on here...
-Then go to Tune: and just scroll to one, or the one you have, and you should see a HUGE difference... =
Sorry, but that's not a real fix for the inherent ringer volume issue. If changing the setting to high is the fix, then it's not really a problem to begin with.

The primary issue is that for some reason the bb os only allows a ringer to be played through one speaker, where if you play it through the media player on the phone, it uses both speakers. Someone needs to create an app or os hack so that ringers will play from both speakers.
Old 02-07-2008, 02:38 PM   #144
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low

Quote:
Originally Posted by camattin View Post
The bbSuperLoud ringer is ridiculously loud. I about have a coronary every time my phone rings when it's out of the holster. Even if it's on the other side of the house. (And because of this, I cannot at all relate to the other 8830 users complaining of a low ringer.)
That one is perfect when I am on the tractor.

My wife has banned a couple of those ringtones while I am in the house.
Old 02-08-2008, 02:40 AM   #145
Justa85

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjjb0204 View Post
Sorry, but that's not a real fix for the inherent ringer volume issue. If changing the setting to high is the fix, then it's not really a problem to begin with.

The primary issue is that for some reason the bb os only allows a ringer to be played through one speaker, where if you play it through the media player on the phone, it uses both speakers. Someone needs to create an app or os hack so that ringers will play from both speakers.
It does increase the volume, rather then just making the ringer louder... sorry if you don't agree.
Old 02-08-2008, 04:58 AM   #146
kjjb0204

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justa85 View Post
It does increase the volume, rather then just making the ringer louder... sorry if you don't agree.
I think if you search the boards, you'll find that even on the highest setting, the default ringers are still too quiet for the majority of 8830 users. And changing the volume to high on a profile isn't exactly a secret.
Old 02-08-2008, 05:41 AM   #147
brayndeded

Carrier: Alltel

its not just verizon. im on alltel and got the 8830,very low volume. it flat out sucks!
Old 02-08-2008, 04:05 PM   #148
camattin

PIN: 32CA9578
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
That one is perfect when I am on the tractor.

My wife has banned a couple of those ringtones while I am in the house.
LOL. I'm surprised my wife hasn't done the same thing. Perhaps because I usually keep it holstered or that I just don't get that many calls.
Old 02-15-2008, 01:54 PM   #149
bjchantry
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9530
Default Wow is it soft!

New 8830 user, moving over from an 8800 and there is such a big difference in the volume. I still have the 8800 and I think on low it is still louder than the 8830 on high volume settings. Hopefully Verizon will wake up and realize that if people can hear the phone, they will probably answer it, and generate income for them
Old 02-16-2008, 05:18 AM   #150
Chiocciman

Quote:
Originally Posted by d1n View Post
Just wanted to let everyone know or at least those inquiring minds concerned about the 8830 vibrate being to weak. RIM developers (my father works for RIM) as a SR. Java Developer and Q/A manager. They needed power for the SD module integrated into the back of the device and they had to sacrifice a few other things as well. I don't know if you guys know this but the 8830 prototypes had webcams and RIM scrapped the idea because of issues with device memory (not talking about space) im referring to device memory as in NVRAM and physical memory. The vibrate issue wont be fixed for another year until the next version of the phone. This sucks but in order for them to add the media components and extra storage the electrical engineers working for RIM had to move things around. RIM isnt going to admit this but it is the truth.

Regarding the volume issue for all 8830 (i have a sprint) my ringer issue actually only happened after the first time i installed an SD card in the back. If you remove the SD card and reset the device without the SD card and run the default ring tones you will notice they are louder. I'm sorry to say that both of these issues have nothing to do with the "firmware" for the device they are issues regarding voltage and the physical design of the circuits. If there are any electrical engineers on this forum they can verify this by simply reverse engineering the device.

Once again its all about poor engineering and not enough adequate voltage going to the hardware.

The may release an upgraded phone or the newer models may fix this issue.

Thats all I really know.
The phone voltage will be regulated anyway so a slight drop in voltage or lower operating current would not likely change the gain of the audio amp. I don't buy it, sorry.

Chuck
Old 02-20-2008, 09:23 PM   #151
locodevil143

Default Keep Looking At Your Screen...

BlackBerry Search Results

Sounds like a Help Desk classic, but its all we have.
Old 05-14-2008, 09:27 PM   #152
tiville

Angry The Audacity

Hiii!

Yea so I downloaded Audacity and when I cdn't use that my boyfriend used his editing software to edit my ringtones but they sounded fuzzy on my phone when i turned the volume up! What to do then?
Old 05-14-2008, 09:28 PM   #153
tiville

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjchantry View Post
New 8830 user, moving over from an 8800 and there is such a big difference in the volume. I still have the 8800 and I think on low it is still louder than the 8830 on high volume settings. Hopefully Verizon will wake up and realize that if people can hear the phone, they will probably answer it, and generate income for them

What is BES????
Old 05-14-2008, 09:41 PM   #154
kjjb0204

Wirelessly posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiville
Hiii!

Yea so I downloaded Audacity and when I cdn't use that my boyfriend used his editing software to edit my ringtones but they sounded fuzzy on my phone when i turned the volume up! What to do then?
Get a new boyfriend.
Closed Thread