Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2006, 07:32 AM   #61
DJJeffT
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9550
Carrier: Verizon
Default Has your ProClip shipped?

Please Login to Remove!

I ordered mine on Wednesday, and the link said it would not ship before Friday.

Checked my account this am and it still says processing?

Anyone order one and see that it is shipping?????

Thanks

Jeff
Old 01-29-2006, 09:06 PM   #62
Scooters
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700
Carrier: Cingular

Still "pending" here.
Old 01-30-2006, 12:19 AM   #63
rcg
Platinum Sponsor

Model: 7290

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbay2002
Nothing for BMW, so I've got to go with ProClip...

Hmmm... They are showing now.... weird.

http://store.bizshopr.com/probmw.html

AIM: SmartPhoneDepot
Old 01-30-2006, 11:30 AM   #64
BeeBop

Hey Scooters,
Sorry to but in with a different topic. I saw your earlier post on a DYI install of the IHF1000 in a Highlander and wanted to ask you for the details on making the 12V constant, 12V switched and ground connections. Exactly where did you make the connections under the dash?
Thanks for your help,
BeeBop
Old 01-30-2006, 10:26 PM   #65
Scooters
Thumbs Must Hurt

All: Just recieved notice that my 8700c ProClip has shipped.

BeeBop: Installation shouldn't be difficult. As I recall I looked for a switched and unswitched fuse on the fuseblock inside the car. Just check the book with the Highlander and find some likely suspects.
Enjoy!
Old 01-30-2006, 10:41 PM   #66
BeeBop

Thanks Scooter,
BeeBop.
Old 01-31-2006, 07:47 AM   #67
peznut
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJJeffT
I ordered mine on Wednesday, and the link said it would not ship before Friday.

Checked my account this am and it still says processing?

Anyone order one and see that it is shipping?????

Thanks

Jeff
Just got an e-mail yesterday afternoon saying my Proclip shipped...
Old 01-31-2006, 08:02 AM   #68
DJJeffT

Mine has shipped also.

I chose GROUND and the expected delivery date is 2/2/06.

Jeff
Old 01-31-2006, 12:02 PM   #69
mbay2002
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T
Unhappy

Mine hasn't shipped because the vehicle mount for one of my vehicles (Jeep Wrangler) is on backorder...
Old 01-31-2006, 12:54 PM   #70
MobileAGBell
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodger
I have come across the new car holder from brodit.com

Brodit is the european version of proclip -

Active Holder for BlackBerry 8700c
A holder for power supply, connets to the vehicles cigarette lighter socket. The device has got the connector for charging on the side of the device. The active holder offers a firm fit, it is easy to put the device in the holder and then connect the charging cable to the device. Attach onto ProClip Mounting Platform.

Active holder
Item no. 968663
I just received my ProClip Dashboard Mount and the ProClip Holder with Tilt Swivel. On the packaging of both items is:

Designed and Produced by Brodit AB, Sweden

and both items carry Brodit part number labels. They appear to be of high quality and I'm anxious to try them out. Now that my afternoon calendar is full it will be later tonight before I can get them installed.
Old 01-31-2006, 01:43 PM   #71
johnfromphilly
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9800
PIN: eapple and ham pizza is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileAGBell
I just received my ProClip Dashboard Mount and the ProClip Holder with Tilt Swivel. On the packaging of both items is:

Designed and Produced by Brodit AB, Sweden

and both items carry Brodit part number labels. They appear to be of high quality and I'm anxious to try them out. Now that my afternoon calendar is full it will be later tonight before I can get them installed.

Take pics along the way if possible-

I would still love addtl feedback on the use of the clips that cover the vents- any problems there?

I have looked at the options for my car and that is the best spot for seeing the BB but I am worried about blocking the vent. They offer one for the right side of my center console but not the left which would put it where I want it and not block the vent. ( Volvo S-60)

Thanks for any feedback,
John
Old 01-31-2006, 05:54 PM   #72
MobileAGBell
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000

It looks as if I should have paid more attention to the ProClip website. My company car is a Chevy Impala and ProClip said they do not recommend installing the dashboard mount on Impalas with a column-mounted gearshift. And they were right. I can install the dash mount bracket without a problem. But when I attach the holder to the dash bracket, there isn't enough clearance for the gearshift to drop down into Drive.

I can tell you that this dash mount bracket does not cover the vent opening. The bracket mounts to the right side of the vent opening and the left side of the radio opening, which is to the right of the vent opening (other models may differ). Very tight and solid fit. And very easy to install. It took me longer to type this message than to install the bracket. Inside both edges of the bracket are strips of double-sided tape to help secure the dash mount. I did not remove the cover on the tape before I snapped on the bracket. The included instructions advise you to test fit everything first. Read the instructions.

The left edge of the bracket includes small cutouts for the horizontal vents. Once mounted, the horizontal vents cannot be moved. But the cutouts allow for the vents to point slightly up. Great design idea and it contributes to the great fit.

As soon as I can find another way to mount this thing I'll be happy.
Old 01-31-2006, 07:02 PM   #73
peznut
Thumbs Must Hurt

Received my ProClip TODAY after it shipped yesterday - didn't realize that this company is based in WI, which is where I live, so that obviously helped. Good thing I resisted the urge to pay for expedited shipping

Anyway, I had the new one mounted in less than 5 minutes using the existing mount holes from my ProClip 7290 holder (I sold the latter holder/mount when I sold my 7290 on eBay).

If you've used a ProClip before, don't expect anything "cool" - it's the exact same thing overall, except the holder is sized for the slimmer 8700. As I'd grown accustomed to, this thing is rock-solid, easy to position for maximum viewability, and unobtrusive on my dash. I'm just "slightly" concerned that this model will wear away the gray plastic on both sides of the BB keyboard (along the Q/A/Alt & P/Del/Enter columns of keys) because the fit along those edges seems slightly snug. This weekend, I might investigate and file down the holder's edges if I think it will be a problem, but otherwise, I'm glad I waited for the ProClip!
Old 01-31-2006, 08:57 PM   #74
DJJeffT

Had mine shipped GROUND and got the news that it shipped yesterday.

Low and behold...it arrived today. Not sure if I should thank ProClip or DHL!

Installed the vehicle mount and 8700 holder in my new 2006 LR3 in less than 3 minutes.

If you've ever owned a ProClip mount, you know what you are getting. If you've never owned a ProClip mount, there is really nothing better!

Jeff
Old 01-31-2006, 09:08 PM   #75
Scooters
Thumbs Must Hurt

I'm clear down in Texas and my Pro-Clip Mount arrived today as well.
I used my existing Pro-Fit (another company) mounting plate and installed it in my Toyota Highlander. Actually... I just replaced the 7290 Pro-Clip mount that was in the same place.

I agree with peznut's review on the product. It is "first class", low profile, and very business-like.

I made one "field modification" There is a small hook on the right side of the Clip for your charger cord or headset. I was able to snap the hook off and I remounted it on the left side with some super glue. Not sure if it will hold, YMMV.

I don't need a hook on the right, I need it on the left side for the charger plug (Attn: Pro-Clip, you really need to change this on the Blackberry holders).

Anyhow, some quick pictures are attached. In the process of reducing them for posting, a couple of them came out pretty "artsie", so I attached them as well.

BTW- I don't need my 7290 clip with swivel (does not include vehicle bracket). If anyone is interested, I send it to them for $25, including paid USPS. Paypal only. PM me if you are interested.

((Edit: Now that I see the post, they all got over compressed and "artsie." Sorry about that, don't have time to re-take them right now.))
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0252b.JPG
Views:	54
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	1421   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0255b.JPG
Views:	51
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	1422   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0258b.JPG
Views:	34
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	1423   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0252c.JPG
Views:	28
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	1424   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0255cJPG.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	1425  

Last edited by Scooters; 01-31-2006 at 09:15 PM..
Old 02-01-2006, 12:02 PM   #76
johnfromphilly
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9800
PIN: eapple and ham pizza is good
Default ordered pro-clip

Alright already...I ordered my pro-clip. Enough smoke has been blown their way that I figured it is worth a shot.

Thanks to everyone for the input- it is hard to make a decision like this without specific feedback like that which is available here on the BBforums.

I will give feedback when I get mine installed.

I went with the mount that covers my air vent because it is the only one that gives anything near a "heads-up" view of the screen. That is what I need- I have that for my Sirius Sportster via a windshield mount on the far left and this should work out well.

Thanks again,
JP
Old 02-01-2006, 07:04 PM   #77
stoxx
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: Telus

Quote:
Originally Posted by peznut
I'm just "slightly" concerned that this model will wear away the gray plastic on both sides of the BB keyboard (along the Q/A/Alt & P/Del/Enter columns of keys) because the fit along those edges seems slightly snug. This weekend, I might investigate and file down the holder's edges if I think it will be a problem, but otherwise, I'm glad I waited for the ProClip!
Recevied my Proclip for the 8700 today. Mine doesnt come in contact with
the Q/A/Alt & P/Del/Enter columns of keys. Fits snug and looks great
Old 02-01-2006, 08:03 PM   #78
peznut
Thumbs Must Hurt

stoxx: So where is the "pressure" of your snug fit coming from when it's in the holder? Just along the true sides of your BB? Not along the angled (gray-plastic) edges of the BB case that sweep into the front/keyboard when it's in the holder?

My holder doesn't actually contact the keys; just those angled sections of gray plastic. Because I don't know which plastic is tougher, I can't predict which will wear away which, but I suspect the ProClip plastic is harder, so we know which one will lose...

Anyway, since it gets dark here in MKE so early, I need to wait until the weekend when I have some sunlight to figure out what's going on...
Old 02-01-2006, 09:38 PM   #79
stoxx
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: Telus

I understand what ya mean now.

I'm gonna try putting a thin stip of felt or something like that on the inside of the bracket. It probably will only last for a short time, but can always re-place it
Old 02-02-2006, 08:51 AM   #80
peznut
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoxx
I understand what ya mean now.

I'm gonna try putting a thin stip of felt or something like that on the inside of the bracket. It probably will only last for a short time, but can always re-place it
I might try the same route, only with black electrical tape. I already added a piece to the OEM RIM case because the inside/top of the case is scratching the glass around the earholes... Seems to be providing enough "lubrication" for the moment. (Incidentally, RIM apparently realized this problem and issued a new BB holder that includes a piece of Teflon-type tape in that spot. It's covered on another thread somewhere here.)

Anyway, it's nice to know it's not just me. I'm gonna send some feedback to ProClip about this; maybe they'll adjust the design for future holders...
Closed Thread