Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 06:25 AM   #1
why1504
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon
Default 1 BB 8830 - 2 Computers

Please Login to Remove!

I have a new BB8830. I use my work desktop for email redirection. I use my laptop for music, photos, etc. I would like to use the laptop for media distribution. I have the laptop setup with a Bluetooth dongle to handle surfing without a hard line already. I would like to use a password safe (like Cryptmagic) on all three. Can someone tell the the easiest way to do this?

THANKS!!!
Old 06-03-2007, 10:48 PM   #2
why1504
Thumbs Must Hurt

Anyone?????
Old 06-03-2007, 11:55 PM   #3
Klotar
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700R
PIN: On Request
Carrier: Rogers Wireless

I can't answer all your questions; but I run one BB (8800) on two machines: a home desktop and a laptop. Both are running the same version of DM. I am not sure if I want to run something at work yet. I'm also not running bluetooth although both machines are capable (I find it slower than USB and don't sync automatically anyways).

I run Cryptmagic, and installed the desktop client on both. The synchronization amongst the BB and the two PC's work flawlessly for the Cryptmagic data. I find I am more "on the edge of my seat" with Contacts sync than with external applications like Cryptmagic, in that I cross my fingers when I sync hoping not to accidentally lose data; however I now have my handheld set to have priority, so generally I have it figured out now and don't get as nervous about it.
Old 06-04-2007, 06:03 AM   #4
why1504
Thumbs Must Hurt

Thanks. So, I need to install DM on the laptop as well. Will do tonight.
Old 06-10-2007, 05:32 AM   #5
why1504
Thumbs Must Hurt

Been real busy, finally got the DM installed last night. Because I don't have outlook, or any other email client running on this machine, the software refused to recognize the 8830. I really don't want to have 2 separate clients running on 2 separate machines. Any ideas?????
Old 06-10-2007, 08:46 AM   #6
celler
Knows Where the Search Button Is

PIN: N/A

I would love to figure this one out as well. It seems that all you really need is the Media Manager application on the second machine. There ought to be a way to install that separately without having to install the entire desktop manager application. Without the desktop application installed, windows may see the BB (with a media card) simply as another removable storage device. I'm going to give that a try and see how it works.

Craig.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:06 AM   #7
why1504
Thumbs Must Hurt

Can I load the ringtones, photos, mp3's directly to the card? If so, what is the best way? What about photo resolution? Any ideas???
Old 06-10-2007, 09:13 AM   #8
celler

Quote:
Originally Posted by why1504 View Post
Can I load the ringtones, photos, mp3's directly to the card? If so, what is the best way? What about photo resolution? Any ideas???
Just use Media Manager. Its an application inside the Blackberry Desktop application. It works very well.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:31 AM   #9
why1504
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by celler View Post
Just use Media Manager. Its an application inside the Blackberry Desktop application. It works very well.
OK, how do I set up a profile on my media laptop which does not have an email client? I installed the DM and without a profile it refuses to recognize the Blackberry. I only use web based mail on this machine. My profile exist on my desktop machine @ the office, no multimedia files on the desktop machine. I would also like to have a app like CryptMagic on the blackberry, the desktop and the laptop. Any suggestions??
Old 06-10-2007, 09:38 AM   #10
celler

Quote:
Originally Posted by why1504 View Post
OK, how do I set up a profile on my media laptop which does not have an email client? I installed the DM and without a profile it refuses to recognize the Blackberry. I only use web based mail on this machine. My profile exist on my desktop machine @ the office, no multimedia files on the desktop machine. I would also like to have a app like CryptMagic on the blackberry, the desktop and the laptop. Any suggestions??
I'm sorry, I thought you were referring to your "first" machine that has the DM already loaded on it. Until someone figures out how to load Media Manager as a standalone, I would use a thumb drive or a removable hard drive with the files you need loaded to attach to the machine at the office, move the files you need to the BB and then simply detach it. No files left on the office machine. This will work ok unless you need to be moving files often.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:53 AM   #11
why1504
Thumbs Must Hurt

Yea, I figured that one out already. The password crypt program is the one I would really like on both machines without having to sneaker ware the data from machine to machine.
Closed Thread