Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 12:21 AM   #1
tmstanford

Model: none
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon
Default Problems With Shopblackberry.com

Please Login to Remove!

Hi, I'm new to the forum and I was just wondering if anyone has ordered the premium horizontal case for their bold. I ordered one about a week ago and received the case that sells for $49.99 instead of the $99.00 case that I paid for. I knew immediately, because the 2 cases don't look the same. The cheaper one has a hole near the bottom.

The company ignored my emails until I informed them that I had contacted Rim about their fraud. They then answered my email and informed me that a mistake had been made, the lower priced case had been put into the $99.99 package, and they were receiving a lot of complaints. Now, suddenly (today) they are showing the $99.00 case as "coming soon."

I don't think this was a mistake. Had I not informed Rim of this deception, the $99 case would still be showing as available to order.
Old 12-30-2008, 12:23 AM   #2
mckinneycm
Cisco Engineer

Model: 9700
PIN: 100001011001011000001100111011
Carrier: AT&T

That site is owned and run by RIM.

www.coreymckinney.com
Old 12-30-2008, 12:34 AM   #3
tmstanford

No, they are not. They are in India.
Old 12-30-2008, 12:51 AM   #4
mckinneycm
Cisco Engineer

PIN: 100001011001011000001100111011

Then why is the web site copyrighted with RIM's name at the bottom?

www.coreymckinney.com
Old 12-30-2008, 01:22 AM   #5
tmstanford

Trust me, they are in India. Call the 800#. They won't hide the fact that they are, indeed located in India. In fact, if you order anything from that website and you have a problem, the customer service people at Rim will quickly tell you they have nothing to do with that site. No one will assist you.

The only way I found help was to call the regular number instead of the 800# and it was still hard to get anyone to help me. Everyone says the same thing. "I'm sorry, we have nothing to do with shopblackberry.
Old 12-30-2008, 02:21 PM   #6
novalovr66
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: 216b6c58
Carrier: AT$T

I guess we learned a lesson.... Buy your accessories from a reputable dealer.
Old 12-30-2008, 02:32 PM   #7
koleary19067
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: STORM
PIN: MOBILE
Carrier: VERIZON

sorry to hear your problem
Old 01-02-2009, 03:01 AM   #8
coolspot
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: Robbers Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmstanford View Post
No, they are not. They are in India.
Probably the call center...
Old 01-08-2009, 08:08 PM   #9
tmstanford

Default Problems with Shopblackberry.com

So, has anyone else had problems with this company?
Old 01-08-2009, 11:13 PM   #10
bigbda1
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default Bold Pocket Case,$34.99 & $69.99 from ShopBlackberry same item!

I've had a Bold for two months. I ordered a pocket case from the ShopBlackberry site six weeks ago and paid $34.99 + S&H. I never really liked it because the leather was stiff and never really fit correctly and was hard to get the phone out. I had previous cases from ShopBlackberry for my Pearls that fit great, and felt something was wrong. I called Globalware Solutions, the vendor for ShopBlackberry, and the gentleman in India suggested I return it and gave me a RMA# to do so. I then ordered a Premium Pocket Case for $ 69.99 hoping that this would solve my fit and leather quality issues. I had not returned the first case yet. I received the $69.99 case two days ago. To my complete shock, both cases were IDENTICAL! I called Globalware Solutions to ask Kate whose name was on the shipping label if maybe there was a mistake, she did not return my call.

I called the support number again and spoke to India and received another RMA #!

I had purchased items before from ShopBlackberry and was very pleased. This was either a bad mistake or a complete rip-off. Has any else had a similar experience?
Old 01-09-2009, 10:00 PM   #11
tmstanford

Default Shopblackberry.com

As I stated before, I ordered the horizontal case listed on the site for $99.99 and received the $49.99 case. After speaking with someone at the Rim office, I was told to send the case back to their office in Canada, rather than to India.

I complied and today received a replacement case with a retail value of $10.00, according to the inclosed invoice. Not only that; the case is a vertical case. I am furious, and have requested that my money be returned to me.
Old 01-10-2009, 01:09 PM   #12
tmstanford

Default Problems With Shopblackberry.com

Can anyone help me out, please? I'm having a hard time knowing that I paid a hundred dollars for a ten dollar case. It's actually a very, very, cheap plastic case that is far inferior to the case that came with the phone. And this was sent to me supposedly from Rim after I complained about receiving a $50.00 case when I ordered a $100.00 case. The new case is even a vertical case instead of the horizontal one I ordered.

I'm finding out that a lot of times when I think I'm talking to someone from Rim, I've actually been switched to Shopblackberry.com. Can anyone tell me how to get through to someone higher up at Rim?

I can't believe this happened to me when I thought I was dealing with a reputable Company. When the Rep told me to please send the $50.00 case back, and I would be receiving another case by the end of the week, I even asked her (by email) how I could receive the new case when the website was saying it was coming soon? I received no response; just a $10.00 case from Fedex.

Can someone please tell me what you would do? This makes me want to stop buying Blackberry phones, but I'm having a hard time with this because I love the phones so much.
Old 01-10-2009, 01:39 PM   #13
bigbda1
Thumbs Must Hurt

I feel your frustration. I too felt ripped off by Shopblackberry. I thought I was buying a top quality product. I think that they have internal problems with the products, and/or the people running the company. I would reccommend returning the case to them and get your money back. There are plenty of cases on the market. I sent my case back, and hopefully will get the refund.
We'll see......
Old 01-10-2009, 02:55 PM   #14
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

Carrier: Tesco Mobile

I was wanting to buy the new Charging pod for bold from shop blackberry, and Im having second thoughts about buying from shopblackberry.
maybe try and find one on ebay, hoping that it will be easier.

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Old 01-10-2009, 04:25 PM   #15
bigbda1
Thumbs Must Hurt

It'll be a lot less $$. OEM will be the same item.
By the way, I would like to think that the problem I had is not the norm, and was an isolated incident. I have bought items in years past for my Pearl and was compleatly satisified.
But, the problem I had with Shopblackberry did happen.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:13 AM   #16
tmstanford

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbda1 View Post
It'll be a lot less $$. OEM will be the same item.
By the way, I would like to think that the problem I had is not the norm, and was an isolated incident. I have bought items in years past for my Pearl and was compleatly satisified.
But, the problem I had with Shopblackberry did happen.
bigbda1,

Just wanted to let you know that I received the $99.99 case today,plus my money was deposited back into my account. So, now I'm a happy camper. The case is also worth the price.
Closed Thread