BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Please Login to Remove!

Wirelessly posted (8820)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbairdjr
Wirelessly posted

This thread is like a bad car wreck. I know I should just drive by, but I can't help but to slow down and look.
No, this is painful to me. I live this some days with some people. They are not just less competent than they need to be, they think they are doing a good job and don't realize their shortcomings and errors. To them, their scewups are because of someone or something else beyond their control, never them. And they truly believe it. They never learn from their mistakes caused by their flawed logic and baseless assumptions and never improve their thinking process the next time around; they don't even realize they need to improve.
Old 11-19-2009, 09:53 AM   #182
djm2
BlackBerry Master

Model: 9780
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbairdjr View Post
Wirelessly posted

This thread is like a bad car wreck. I know I should just drive by, but I can't help but to slow down and look.
Old 11-19-2009, 09:57 AM   #183
djm2
BlackBerry Master

Model: 9780
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiharkness View Post
Wirelessly posted (8820)

No, this is painful to me. I live this some days with some people. They are not just less competent than they need to be, they think they are doing a good job and don't realize their shortcomings and errors. To them, their scewups are because of someone or something else beyond their control, never them. And they truly believe it. They never learn from their mistakes caused by their flawed logic and baseless assumptions and never improve their thinking process the next time around; they don't even realize they need to improve.
Ira, you are of course correct in that. They are indeed the most dangerous employees to have, because they believe that they are so knowledgeable and thus are resistant to learning from their mistakes. It is the definition of hubris.

And before Mr. Apache returns and asserts that this is what I am doing in this circumstance, let me calmly inform him that if the BB begins to fail to meet my fundamental core requirements, then I will look elsewhere. Right now it is not.
Old 11-19-2009, 10:21 AM   #184
Noodle22
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8520
Carrier: Rogers

The one thing I don't get, is why the OP is still here? He complains about his device, other's offer help, he then complains some more, someone tries to trouble shoot with him, he starts name calling.

Yet again, someone tries to help him, and he starts hitting on a member of the forum. The earlier poster who guessed he was 16, I believe that guess was right.

No rational adult would act like this. I talk to ignorant people all day, and I've never seen someone so blind, eventually they listen to reason. I call troll on this one, but I don't know if he's being stupid for attention, or if he just is.

This is a place for support and help with our devices, if all your going to do is bash it, then why don't you start an anti blackberry forum and talk to yourself about it there?
Old 11-19-2009, 10:28 AM   #185
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Wirelessly posted (8820)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodle22
The one thing I don't get, is why the OP is still here? He complains about his device, other's offer help, he then complains some more, someone tries to trouble shoot with him, he starts name calling.

Yet again, someone tries to help him, and he starts hitting on a member of the forum. The earlier poster who guessed he was 16, I believe that guess was right.

No rational adult would act like this. I talk to ignorant people all day, and I've never seen someone so blind, eventually they listen to reason. I call troll on this one, but I don't know if he's being stupid for attention, or if he just is.

This is a place for support and help with our devices, if all your going to do is bash it, then why don't you start an anti blackberry forum and talk to yourself about it there?
I remember when Apache joined the forum. Those who hang out here know the answer to your question. The others who come to get an answer and that's it won't understand.

Look at the iphone fans who come back to argue and debate, not to pick on them, but just an example.

It's the people, it's the forum environment, it's the place.
Old 11-19-2009, 11:13 AM   #186
Noodle22

Model: 8520
Carrier: Rogers

Definately, and it does keep this place interesting ;)

I guess I should rephrase it to, why is he here to debate if he only chooses to listen to some questions, and ignore all others? A debate should not have one side being selective as to what he responds. I'd really just like to see him answer a few things that he has chosen to ignore
Old 11-19-2009, 11:23 AM   #187
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Wirelessly posted (8820)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodle22
Definately, and it does keep this place interesting ;)

I guess I should rephrase it to, why is he here to debate if he only chooses to listen to some questions, and ignore all others? A debate should not have one side being selective as to what he responds. I'd really just like to see him answer a few things that he has chosen to ignore
Yup..... And the answer is, it is who he is.

Sorry to talk about you like you are not here, Apache. I've wanted to defend you, but you make it too dang hard.
Old 11-19-2009, 11:57 AM   #188
CoDudette

Model: iOS
PIN: OT Noir.
Carrier: Vodafone IN

sometimes when people talk rubbish and pretend that they know it all, you just take it with a pinch of salt and let it go. but apache here is crossing a fine line between talking crap, and behaving like a complete troll. unfortunately, his name calling, and his remarks in people's direction, and then insulting and then plain bashing out at some of the most knowledgable members of the forum is just uncalled for. i mean.. ok, we all have a laugh, but it's ALL IN JEST without any sort of malice. but this guy just doesn't get it. however, having said that, he got the attention that he wanted, however negative.

so well done apache. you came and got what you wanted..however, i have absolutely no respect for what you may or may not have to say.
Old 11-19-2009, 02:51 PM   #189
daphne
BBF Spam Killer Moderator

Model: Paspt
PIN: X1ZPY34K
Carrier: VZW but not for long

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodle22 View Post
Troll (Internet) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response[1] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[2]
Old 11-19-2009, 03:43 PM   #190
kathrynhr

Model: Dr01d
Carrier: Veri$on

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApacheIndian View Post
I'm sorry jsconyers now I understand why you are so pissed off. Google cloudware basically makes your job obsolete. Modern day Luddites the lot of you! If it's any consolation you are not alone -- technological advancements always displace people and render entire industries irrelevant. Your resistance is expected, predictable even.
Thank you for the best laugh I've had in a long time.

Google's cloudware is nifty for personal use. I use the heck out of it every day, on my BB no less. I needed neither a detailed tutorial nor a mullet to accomplish this, BTW...

While you certainly have a point about online apps being the wave of the future, Google's technology and business models offer neither data control nor true data ownership. They are downright dangerous for business use at this time. I don't know about you, but I wouldn't trust my money to a bank, say, that ran its business on Google's apps.
Old 11-19-2009, 07:49 PM   #191
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Model: WP7
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathrynhr View Post

Google's cloudware is nifty for personal use. I use the heck out of it every day, on my BB no less. I needed neither a detailed tutorial nor a mullet to accomplish this, BTW...

While you certainly have a point about online apps being the wave of the future, Google's technology and business models offer neither data control nor true data ownership. They are downright dangerous for business use at this time. I don't know about you, but I wouldn't trust my money to a bank, say, that ran its business on Google's apps.
FYI, the city of LA is switching to gmail for the cities email system. The cloud is the future and your data is probably safer with Google then with some IT professionals I've worked with.
Old 11-19-2009, 10:02 PM   #192
jbairdjr

Model: 9550
Carrier: Verizon

I think we are missing the fact that Google having all of your information is NOT good policy. Google uses that data the way they choose (ads, etc.).
LA is moving to Google because they (along with other California cities and the state) are broke, and they are looking to cut costs. It has nothing to do with convenience or the higher quality.
I use Google products and love them. But I assume that my data is being looked at by Google and wouldn't trust anything there I wanted a secret.
Old 11-20-2009, 09:08 AM   #193
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Wirelessly posted (8820)

jbaidjr, I reckon you are correct about LA's motives, assuming that that news is true (and I'm not disputing it). But I would be curious if they are putting _everything_ on google, and what arrangement they have with google ..... It is probably no problem to use google services which could be IT products created exclusively for paying customers, and not the "free" services offered to the general user. If -- and I'm not saying it is happening -- but if LA is using regular old google for business sensitive work, really for any city business, someone has made a big mistake. I would expect LA is not using regular "free" google services, and that google through a contract is providing for the data preservation and security that you would expect.

That said, personally, if I had intellectual property, data, or information that was highly sought after, I would be very resistant to using so-called cloud services.
Old 11-20-2009, 09:36 AM   #194
ApacheIndian
No longer Registered.

Model: 9630
Carrier: VZW

Google Aims To Remake Computers - Forbes.com

You can accept it now, or you can accept it later...

Sorry CoDudette, I'm not into fobs (never did master the horizontal head nod)
Old 11-20-2009, 09:39 AM   #195
ApacheIndian
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathrynhr View Post

Now I'm gonna really piss some people off, but I gotta say it. You are a woman and sorry but women don't know technology anyway. So your opinion is really irrelevant.

"wouldn't trust with..." -- (sigh), deja vu from the the mid 90's and the advent of the internet...
Old 11-20-2009, 09:57 AM   #196
kathrynhr

Model: Dr01d
Carrier: Veri$on

Quote:
Now I'm gonna really piss some people off, but I gotta say it. You are a woman and sorry but women don't know technology anyway. So your opinion is really irrelevant.

"wouldn't trust with..." -- (sigh), deja vu from the the mid 90's and the advent of the internet...
This woman -- apart from being a USAF veteran, which I'm sure you'll appreciate -- has spent the last 16 years writing software. Professionally. Out-earning her lawyer husband, in fact, and doing it while running a household, raising a family, and still being the hotness if I do say so myself.

You have no idea how much pleasure I take in being underestimated. Apart from the sheer entertainment value, it makes my job very, very easy.

I'd invite you to continue, if only for my own amusement, but I can't imagine that you will be here much longer.
Old 11-20-2009, 10:11 AM   #197
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Wirelessly posted (8820)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApacheIndian
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathrynhr

Ok, that is troll behavior. I agree.

EDIT: What I mean is I agree with the troll accusations. I don't agree with that remark.

Last edited by aiharkness; 11-20-2009 at 10:19 AM..
Old 11-20-2009, 10:49 AM   #198
juwaack68
iPhone Convert

Model: iP5
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not

Quote:
Old 11-20-2009, 10:50 AM   #199
raynicolini
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9900
PIN: 28316DB1
Carrier: Toronto Wireless

all I can say is " WOW "
Old 11-20-2009, 10:52 AM   #200
ApacheIndian
No longer Registered.

Will be picking up Droid tomorrow. Will post initial thoughts shortly thereafter. I'm sure there will be both positives and negatives and again, I'll try to be objective. One thing I'm pretty sure of -- for people who can rely on Gmail and Google Calendar it will likely be seamless and outstanding. I'd imagine it would be less than perfect for those who need to rely on MSFT products -- Outlook, exchange, etc. But again, I feel that those services are obsolete and predict that they will be falling by the wayside in ensuing years anyway.
Closed Thread