Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 07:39 PM   #1
bigglou92

Model: Storm
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Tutorial-how To Install Os 5 On Unlocked Storm

Please Login to Remove!

Hey guys, just putting it out there. I am not a big Blackberry hacker, i am an owner of an unlocked Blackberry Storm. I bought this storm b/c my bold 9000 broke...RIP. So out of previous knowledge of manipulating other portable devices such as PSP's and other phones I've been on a 3 day straight mission to Unlock, make device work fully, and update to os 5 mission.

I finnally became successfull as of 20 minutes ago and i want to share with everyone my success in hopes that they too will be lucky b/c i know ive been searching for 3 days and ending in alot of dead ends in forums.

DISCLAIMER: Please do this at YOUR OWN RISK. I am not to be blamed for w/e happens to your device. I found a way that proved to be successful for me and want to help those who are in my previous shoes. Also this way was probably already discovered, but i havent seen a thread to prove so. Just incase it wasnt. Here we go.

Oh btw this might work for other Blackberrys as well not just the Storm 9530 so give it a whirl, at your own risk.

GOOD LUCK BRO's and SIS's

Things needed:
-JL_cmder ( I used v 1.9.0 Doug Fischer 11/7/2007)
-Desktop Manager v 4.7(This is the version i used. Might work on the new v 6)

1.) Connect device to computer
2.) Open JL_cmder and follow instructions.
-Press any key to continue
-It will ask you if device locks with password, if so press Y, if not press N
3.) Once done with step 3, the next screen will ask you what would you like to do. Press 4 and this will fully wipe out your device. It will ask you if your sure and then type Blackberry to continue.
4.) Type in blackberry and continue with the wipe.
5.) Once wiped, Blackberry will reboot and come up with an error code on screen.
6.) Open Desktop Manager and click application loader.
7.) Once in Application Loader, click on update software
8.) It will ask you what version you would like, Obviously click on V 5 b/c thats our mission right now
9.) Click next till it starts to install
10.) Once it starts to install your home free. Wait till it finishes. You are fully updated with no error message saying you cant upgrade.

I hope i helped some lost folks out there. This method i found was through trial and error and common sense of the workings of these programs. So if some one else has it posted and it worked before me then Kudos to them first.

P.S. I only use my BB to Call, Text, MMS, and thats about it, So if you have an unlocked storm like i do, id be the wrong dood to ask how to make the browser work.
Closed Thread