BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 03:47 PM   #41
rjhouck
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7130c
Carrier: Cingular

Please Login to Remove!

I completely agree with you Kramerica. I REALLY like everything about the BT devise except for two things. The "tin" effect and volume control. I find myself asking the other party to repeat them self far too often because of the tinny audio and not enough volume in noisy environment. The headset gets loud but just does not get loud enough. I can live with this but not the "tin" effect. I tried the Jawbone with a Razr but same thing. I will be back to my trusted BH-900 paired to the BB7130c.

I am thinking of contacting Jawbone to see if there is anything that can be done. I know we are not the only ones hearing the "tin" effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramerica
Received my replacement and all small hope is lost. IMHO, as far as DSP goes, I really believe this is heads above the rest when worn and used properly. Wind is always a factor, but again, so is your environment (car, office, sidewalk, etc.). It worked very well for me on the road in highway driving for outgoing quality, but incoming, it just failed miserably (for me).

The "tin" effect was still there and all variations for ear pieces to ear loop unfortunately failed. I had given this unit a full week of travel to "make it work" as I really like the look, feel and outgoing sound quality, but the incoming audio quality (and lack of real volume control) is just not worth the price.

Good luck to those who press forward. Going to the old standbys (510 & BH-900).

PS. The 510 is the best for incoming volume and audio quality, but not the greatest outbound, while the BH-900 is great for outgoing and if it didn't sit off your ear, would probably be great for incoming as well.
Old 01-05-2007, 12:28 PM   #42
Captain Scarlet

Model: 7100T
Default Do Not Leave Home Without an evoQ

Well nice to pop in and find the Tin and Voice debate continues. Legislation to a greater extent is driving the adoption of Hands Free Devices for in car use. This hits the sweet spot IMHO as the voice clarity under processing is extremely good. No complaints re echo, wind , background noise. The volume is adjustable and can be loud if you wish. The SLE takes care of this though so a nice loud deisel engine, air con and window open - well from the car to the called - your in the office. It even takes out most of the music from the in car radio. The + is the incoming voice quality in noisy conditions, it reduces noise at the callers end and makes in car use "listening comfort". At least the technology is now delivering voice and aesthetically. Keep up the good work Aliph, Nextlink, Qstik, Gennum and the rest. The better the DSP the better the listening experience and for my purposes the evoQ is not worth leaving home without.
Old 01-22-2007, 02:02 AM   #43
Jack T. Chance
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Priv
Carrier: T-Mobile
Question A question...

Quick question: Those of you that have tried it with your and found that it works well, are any of you using a 8700g on T-Mobile?

In 2 years of using Bluetooth-equipped BlackBerries, I have yet to find any brand that works as well as Motorola with my s. But I desperately want a headset that cancels noise like a champ! So, I'm hoping someone has tried the Jawbone® with an 8700g on T-Mobile so I can know how it performed. I'm still open to the idea of trying another manufacturer if and ONLY if it's proven that they'll give me what I want! Plantronics and Cardo Systems have both failed me, will Aliph be the first manufacturer to actually succeed at beating Motorola for compatibility?

Don't steal other people's avatars! Make your own! >=(
Old 01-22-2007, 02:04 PM   #44
fastrunner

Model: 7290

"I'm going to see what CES2007 brings next week. I did contact the Qstik site and put my name in for a notification when these are available in the USA".
Regards-Michael G.

Was this an answer you were expecting about CES 2007?

www theinquirer net/default.aspx?article=36983

"FORGET THE DSP-based headsets you saw last week at CES, Las Vegas xxx8211; Brit supplier, Qstik, says its EVOQ Bluetooth DSP headset is much better. So there."
"The noise cancellation was originally developed for military applications; its echo cancellation, is taken from telecoms infrastructure applications; and its auto volume control, acoustic shock protection and speech enhancement facilities were developed for call centre usage".

and it works a treat the only bluetooth headset I have bought and the only one I need to buy as a blackberry owner natural noise free sound in mono and in stereo (plus music streaming added in) - I have not tried it on your version though so you would have to check with the company.

Last edited by fastrunner; 01-22-2007 at 05:01 PM..
Old 01-24-2007, 01:44 AM   #45
Jack T. Chance
CrackBerry Addict

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastrunner
"I'm going to see what CES2007 brings next week. I did contact the Qstik site and put my name in for a notification when these are available in the USA".
Regards-Michael G.

Was this an answer you were expecting about CES 2007?

www theinquirer net/default.aspx?article=36983

"FORGET THE DSP-based headsets you saw last week at CES, Las Vegas – Brit supplier, Qstik, says its EVOQ Bluetooth DSP headset is much better. So there."
"The noise cancellation was originally developed for military applications; its echo cancellation, is taken from telecoms infrastructure applications; and its auto volume control, acoustic shock protection and speech enhancement facilities were developed for call centre usage".

and it works a treat the only bluetooth headset I have bought and the only one I need to buy as a blackberry owner natural noise free sound in mono and in stereo (plus music streaming added in) - I have not tried it on your version though so you would have to check with the company.
That's nice, but I gather that headset's only available from the UK. With the current exchange rate between the States and the UK, that can get expensive!

In the meantime... has anyone used the Aliph Jawbone® Bluetooth Headset with a BlackBerry 8700g on T-Mobile?

Anyone?

Anyone?

Anyone?

Bueller?

Bueller?

Bueller?

Old 01-24-2007, 11:15 AM   #46
DallasFlier
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800
PIN: OT NOIR
Carrier: AT&T/Cingular/AT&T

The Qstik device may end up being the best bluetooth headset ever invented, or it may be trash - I have no idea personally. But just a word of warning to those who haven't noticed - both "fastrunner" and "Captain Scarlet" are brand new members who've very recently joined and done absolutely nothing else but shill for Qstik in this thread - and they're the only ones who have mentioned it, I think.
Old 01-24-2007, 01:01 PM   #47
drgoodtymes
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Tour
PIN: 30D4E281
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack T. Chance
In the meantime... has anyone used the Aliph Jawbone® Bluetooth Headset with a BlackBerry 8700g on T-Mobile?

I am using that Aliph Jawbone on a BB 8700g from T-Mobile and having great luck with it. The noise rejection is just awesome.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EC5bVFduTRM
Old 01-24-2007, 03:02 PM   #48
Jack T. Chance
CrackBerry Addict

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasFlier
The Qstik device may end up being the best bluetooth headset ever invented, or it may be trash - I have no idea personally. But just a word of warning to those who haven't noticed - both "fastrunner" and "Captain Scarlet" are brand new members who've very recently joined and done absolutely nothing else but shill for Qstik in this thread - and they're the only ones who have mentioned it, I think.
DF, I noticed that they were new, and that they were strangely obsessed with that Qstik headset.. almost as obsessed as the "Apple zombies" that keep coming onto BLACKBERRY forums to talk about how the BlackBerries are "teh sux0r" and to spread their gospel that the Apple idiotPhone is going to be the kewlest thing EVAR! OMG LOL!!!!!!1111 TEH R0X0R!!!!!111!!!

Also curious is their grammar. It occasionally has that distinct vibe of "pigeon English" or "Engrish", which is to say that their posts sometimes come off as if they were written by someone that's speaking English as a second language. *raises eyebrow*

What do you think? Should we call "foul" and report them to the "mod squad"?
Quote:
Originally Posted by drgoodtymes
I am using that Aliph Jawbone on a BB 8700g from T-Mobile and having great luck with it. The noise rejection is just awesome.
Cool. Perhaps I'll give it a try after all.

But now for my next question: How's the incoming sound quality been for you?

Last edited by Jack T. Chance; 01-24-2007 at 03:06 PM..
Old 01-24-2007, 03:05 PM   #49
drgoodtymes
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Tour
PIN: 30D4E281
Carrier: Sprint

I haven't noticed a problem with the incoming sound quality. Some people have complained of a metalic or tinney type sound, but I haven't experienced that at all.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EC5bVFduTRM
Old 01-24-2007, 03:09 PM   #50
Jack T. Chance
CrackBerry Addict

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgoodtymes
I haven't noticed a problem with the incoming sound quality. Some people have complained of a metalic or tinney type sound, but I haven't experienced that at all.
Good to know. Thanks again for the feedback. I may have to give that a try sometime soonish.

Old 01-25-2007, 10:53 AM   #51
DallasFlier
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

PIN: OT NOIR
Carrier: AT&T/Cingular/AT&T

Quote:
What do you think? Should we call "foul" and report them to the "mod squad"?
Nah, they haven't been at all foulmouthed and abusive the way a couple of the Apple fanboys have, so I say let them be, just make sure everyone's aware.
Old 01-26-2007, 12:24 AM   #52
Jack T. Chance
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasFlier
Nah, they haven't been at all foulmouthed and abusive the way a couple of the Apple fanboys have, so I say let them be, just make sure everyone's aware.
Got ya. I'll keep an eye out. If their "spamming" gets too obnoxious, I'll let someone know.

Old 01-26-2007, 11:45 AM   #53
blackspawn
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8703e

Does anyone know where i can buy Jawbone in canada?
Old 01-26-2007, 01:47 PM   #54
Jack T. Chance
CrackBerry Addict

Lightbulb Canadian purchase options

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackspawn
Does anyone know where I can buy Jawbone in canada?
Since the Jawbone® is a Cingular Wireless retail store exclusive right now, I can only think of 2 options for you:
  1. Buy it at eBay.ca.
  2. Go to the Official Jawbone® Website and try buying one directly from Aliph. They're taking orders NOW! They were in-stock last night, but given the high demand, they may not be in-stock today. And they do offer international shipping, so you can get it sent to Canada.
Those are your 2 best bets at this time.

Last edited by Jack T. Chance; 01-27-2007 at 01:15 PM.. Reason: Updated availability info.
Old 01-29-2007, 05:04 PM   #55
marcdinkel

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Sprint / T-Mobile

As of this writing, the Jawbone is avail right now through their website ... in black, silver, and red.
Old 01-31-2007, 03:28 PM   #56
takeshi
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
In 2 years of using Bluetooth-equipped BlackBerries, I have yet to find any brand that works as well as Motorola with my s.
Really? I've used the HS-810 and the HS-850 and they were both useless. I mean, calls on my end were fine but no one I talked to could ever hear me. It was unfortunate as I really liked the folding boom design.
Old 02-05-2007, 01:16 PM   #57
Baggman
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

PIN: 7-10 split
Carrier: AT&T Mobility

Quote:
... In the meantime. has anyone used the Aliph Jawbone® Bluetooth Headset with a BlackBerry 8700g on T-Mobile?

Anyone?

Yep and it works great. Noise cancelling is awesome.
Old 02-05-2007, 02:40 PM   #58
Captain Scarlet

Model: 7100T
Default Legit Review

Quote:
DF, I noticed that they were new, and that they were strangely obsessed with that Qstik headset.. almost as obsessed as the "Apple zombies" that keep coming onto BLACKBERRY forums to talk about how the BlackBerries are "teh sux0r" and to spread their gospel that the Apple idiotPhone is going to be the kewlest thing EVAR! OMG LOL!!!!!!1111 TEH R0X0R!!!!!111!!!

Also curious is their grammar. It occasionally has that distinct vibe of "pigeon English" or "Engrish", which is to say that their posts sometimes come off as if they were written by someone that's speaking English as a second language. *raises eyebrow*

What do you think? Should we call "foul" and report them to the "mod squad"? Cool. Perhaps I'll give it a try after all.

But now for my next question: How's the incoming sound quality been for you?

I am English and proud of it. Born to these green and pleasant lands. I was debating the merits of DSP in Bluetooth Headsets and a new find, the evoQ from Qstik. It's the bees knees IMHO and this review is somewhat supportive of that opinion.

legitreviews.com/article/453/1/

"The EVOQ by no means fails in its ability to noise cancel however. With the EVOQxxx8217;s noise cancellation we were able to have a conversation under the most windy and noisy conditions. Most times, the party on the other end of the phone didnxxx8217;t even know what environment we were in. Any concerns we had about the volume level of the headset are tossed out the window when you use the stereo headset. Using the EVOQxxx8217;s stereo headset is a pure pleasure. The EVOQ constantly adapts and automatically adjusts to its surroundings to ensure great voice and sound quality throughout the conversation. One of the most dramatic examples came when I was traveling down the I-110 freeway talking on the phone with the stereo headsets (donxxx8217;t worry, I only had one ear bud in xxx8211; totally legal). I had the radio up quite loud and my party had no problem hearing me. I then rolled down the window traveling 65 miles per hour (again, legal) and the person I was talking to still didnxxx8217;t notice anything unusual and could hear me quite clearly! This is the most incredible performance we have seen from a consumer noise-cancelling headset".

Legit Bottom Line:

The Qstik EVOQ is hands down the best noise cancellation headset that we have used with our cellular phone. Whether you are using this set for VOIP, listening to stereo music with the enclosed headsets, or just using it with your cellular device, this set doesnxxx8217;t skip a beat and has worked flawlessly for us. We wish we could get a little more volume using the headset only, but if you plug in the stereo earbuds, all is good. The price tag may be a bit high at £59.99 (~$120), but in our opinion, it is well worth it.

Last edited by Captain Scarlet; 02-05-2007 at 02:42 PM..
Old 02-05-2007, 06:51 PM   #59
hermdog
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7100i
Carrier: Nextel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Scarlet
I am English and proud of it. Born to these green and pleasant lands. I was debating the merits of DSP in Bluetooth Headsets and a new find, the evoQ from Qstik. It's the bees knees IMHO and this review is somewhat supportive of that opinion.

legitreviews.com/article/453/1/

"The EVOQ by no means fails in its ability to noise cancel however. With the EVOQ’s noise cancellation we were able to have a conversation under the most windy and noisy conditions. Most times, the party on the other end of the phone didn’t even know what environment we were in. Any concerns we had about the volume level of the headset are tossed out the window when you use the stereo headset. Using the EVOQ’s stereo headset is a pure pleasure. The EVOQ constantly adapts and automatically adjusts to its surroundings to ensure great voice and sound quality throughout the conversation. One of the most dramatic examples came when I was traveling down the I-110 freeway talking on the phone with the stereo headsets (don’t worry, I only had one ear bud in – totally legal). I had the radio up quite loud and my party had no problem hearing me. I then rolled down the window traveling 65 miles per hour (again, legal) and the person I was talking to still didn’t notice anything unusual and could hear me quite clearly! This is the most incredible performance we have seen from a consumer noise-cancelling headset".

Legit Bottom Line:

The Qstik EVOQ is hands down the best noise cancellation headset that we have used with our cellular phone. Whether you are using this set for VOIP, listening to stereo music with the enclosed headsets, or just using it with your cellular device, this set doesn’t skip a beat and has worked flawlessly for us. We wish we could get a little more volume using the headset only, but if you plug in the stereo earbuds, all is good. The price tag may be a bit high at £59.99 (~$120), but in our opinion, it is well worth it.

Is the EVOQ available in the U.S.?
Old 02-05-2007, 10:38 PM   #60
claykin
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: TMobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermdog
Is the EVOQ available in the U.S.?
Not yet, they are still awaiting FCC approval. I'd be interesting in seeing a comparison between the EVOQ and the Jawbone. IMO, the Jawbone sure looks better!
Closed Thread