Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 08:42 AM   #1
joemz
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon
Default No separate email inbox's, no notifications

Please Login to Remove!

I'm on BES (Verizon World Edition), and have several private email accounts also set up. Mostly gmail accounts which I don't access from the separate gmail app, but directly from the messages folders

I had to wipe my device and redo enterprise activiation. I chose the option to "not delete third party apps"

Anyway, I get all my mail, and everything almost works fine. However, when I get gmail (again, not in the standalone app), the mail shows up in the message inbox, but no notification. Then I noticed that I don't have separate inboxes for the multiple email accounts anymore. Also, before I did the wipe, there was a separate entry in the profile to set up a different notification for each email account. I think it was listed in profiles as Messages (account name) and there were multiples. Now there is just the one for BES

The accounts are shown on the Verizon site and I get the mail into my bb inbox, but I don't get notifications

Any ideas
Old 06-17-2008, 08:45 AM   #2
NickfromIL
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330

Try going into the e-mail setup wizard on the BB, and see if it asks you to confirm your passwords, if it doesn't, delete the accounts from the Verizon site and re-add them.
Old 06-17-2008, 08:50 AM   #3
jsconyers

Model: NOTE2
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint

It sounds to me as if you have to resend your service books from the BIS site. Doing so should push the folder icons for each account back to your device.
Old 06-17-2008, 09:01 AM   #4
joemz
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830

i really wasn't anxious to delete the accounts from BIS since I have a lot of filters I didn't want to have to recreate. So I took the simple action first and resent the service books, and a bunch of Email icons showed up on the BB, and the profile now has a notification for each email service

THANK YOU
Old 06-17-2008, 09:14 AM   #5
jsconyers

Model: NOTE2
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint

Good to hear! Glad all worked out for you.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:05 AM   #6
takeshi
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemz View Post
I had to wipe my device and redo enterprise activiation.
I know you resolved this but any time you wipe your device or perform an OS upgrade you have to resend your service books.

Enterprise Activation actually handles the resending of your BES service books. However, if you use BIS you still have to separately resend your BIS service books as well.
Closed Thread