Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 03:19 PM   #1
chbak014
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: blah
Default rattling noise near top of phone

Please Login to Remove!

So I'm being ocd and I'm noticing a rattling noise near the top of the phone. So while I'm waiting for my replacement, I stopped by the tmobile store to see what their demo was like. It rattles. So I'm wondering if everyones phone does this. Can you guys turn your phone upside down and shake it to hear if your phones rattle?
Old 02-26-2009, 03:22 PM   #2
raja_3012
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: iPhn4
Carrier: AT&T

Mine does.. I initially thought it could be due to the trackball but donno what it is.

Nokia 2100 > Nokia 6100 > Samsung t319 > Nokia 5300 > Blackberry 8320 > Blackberry 8900 > iPhone 3GS > iPhone 4
Old 02-26-2009, 03:23 PM   #3
raja_3012

I am guessing all phones would do that.. if it does not do today.. it surely will after a whiles usage.

Nokia 2100 > Nokia 6100 > Samsung t319 > Nokia 5300 > Blackberry 8320 > Blackberry 8900 > iPhone 3GS > iPhone 4
Old 02-26-2009, 04:02 PM   #4
chbak014
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by raja_3012 View Post
Mine does.. I initially thought it could be due to the trackball but donno what it is.
i thought it was the track ball too, but i held that down while checking and it rattles.

i thought it could be the battery door cover or buttons too, but i taped those so they wouldn't move and still rattle...
Old 02-26-2009, 06:24 PM   #5
greenrun05
Knows Where the Search Button Is

PIN: PM Me!
Carrier: Tmobile

I read somewhere else (I think it was here) that their 8900 rattled. Mine rattles too, just a light rattle. I never noticed it until I read about it up here. But everything else is fine and everything works, so I'm not really going to worry about it.
Old 02-26-2009, 07:50 PM   #6
brentcizek
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9900
Carrier: T-Mobile

has anyone noticed that when you throw your phone in the toilet it gets water damage?

I have an idea...quit shaking your phones...quit pressing on the screen to see if it creaks..quit moving your keyboard up and down and complaining about it. I can imagine the 99% of people sending their phones back as "defective" are because of these "issues" which aren't even issues at all. You're dealing components mass produced in cheap labor countries with materials made out of plastic. These things are not going to be perfect - I'd be more concerned on whether the OS is running smoothly then rattling and what not.

Just my two cents...because if I see another thread on "i hit my screen with a hammer, and it broke" type thread...Ima pull out my hair.
Old 02-26-2009, 08:07 PM   #7
Doctor A
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
PIN: 215be282

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentcizek View Post
has anyone noticed that when you throw your phone in the toilet it gets water damage?

I have an idea...quit shaking your phones...quit pressing on the screen to see if it creaks..quit moving your keyboard up and down and complaining about it. I can imagine the 99% of people sending their phones back as "defective" are because of these "issues" which aren't even issues at all. You're dealing components mass produced in cheap labor countries with materials made out of plastic. These things are not going to be perfect - I'd be more concerned on whether the OS is running smoothly then rattling and what not.

Just my two cents...because if I see another thread on "i hit my screen with a hammer, and it broke" type thread...Ima pull out my hair.
Amen, Brother!

Doc
Old 02-26-2009, 08:22 PM   #8
NorthAurora

No rattling here... Mine seems to be solid.
Old 02-26-2009, 08:26 PM   #9
raja_3012

Quote:

Dude.. this is a just a view of a person. 8900 is piece of beauty and I am guessing everyone would love to have their BB's perfect from all standpoint. Because whatever is the problem today may extrapolate after 6 months usage. Squeaky keyboard or screen is just a build issue.

Old 02-26-2009, 09:26 PM   #10
brentcizek
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9900

Quote:
Originally Posted by raja_3012 View Post
Dude.. this is a just a view of a person. 8900 is piece of beauty and I am guessing everyone would love to have their BB's perfect from all standpoint. Because whatever is the problem today may extrapolate after 6 months usage. Squeaky keyboard or screen is just a build issue.
Yes...and this is a view of MY persons. Hence the statement "my two cents"

I think I can easily challenge you and find a lot more people that agree on my side of things.
Old 02-26-2009, 09:37 PM   #11
raja_3012

Quote:
I think I can easily challenge you and find a lot more people that agree on my side of things.
Come on.. what will you gain out of challenging me? tell me.. but I can tell you one thing.. do not wear this kind attitude.. you are not going to win friends even in a public forum. Do not get me on a wrong foot !!

Old 02-26-2009, 10:18 PM   #12
greenrun05

PIN: PM Me!
Carrier: Tmobile

Quote:

I've come to the conclusion a LONG time ago that things made nowadays aren't made like the used to be. Like I said, everything works on my phone so I have no problem. My keypad moves up and down slightly, and some of the keys in the middle are dimmer than the other. But the buttons still work and I can still make and receive calls. So all is good for me!
Closed Thread