BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 03:09 AM   #121
BadBoyBill
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7250

Please Login to Remove!

This site rocks i read and read this site before i bought my bb. I felt like i practically new the phone before i got it . But thanks guys for the great site.
Old 11-10-2005, 03:21 PM   #122
Brad Groux

Model: 7105T

Excellent website you guys have going here, I've used much of the stuff here with my new 7105T, keep up the good work!

Last edited by Brad Groux; 11-10-2005 at 04:49 PM..
Old 11-10-2005, 04:30 PM   #123
Wideruled

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mob
Default Intro

Ive been using this site a lot while i was in the bb support queue for T-Mobile. Some of you lucky T-Mob subscribers might have even spoke to me! I am no longer with the company, but i still want to help people who have prolblems/questions with their devices.

So if you have any questions or whatnot, please dont hesitate to PM me or email me [email address] Ill get back to ya asap.

Time to put my BB certs to good use!
Old 11-11-2005, 12:43 AM   #124
AZBB

Model: none
Smile Pre-newbie with Wordy Intro

Hi All,

Long time Palm user (Psion and HP-200LX before that) looking to combine cell and PDA so I can stop looking like Batman wearing a utility belt with all my junk on it. Was thinking of getting a Treo 650 but decided to shop around to see what else there was.

Shopped around looking at various PDA/cells, liked the PocketPC units except for the size when used as a phone and the Blackberry units. Looked at the 7100 and liked the size and feel of it but couldn't figure out how to enter text/data in it due to the abbreviated keyboard. The sales lady trying help me made things worse by being clueless herself. We entered in some nice unless encrypted messages.

Left there and went to a T-Mobile store and met a guy with a 7100t and the district manager with his 7105t. They proceeded to dazzle me with the speed of IM'ing each other, features, zipping around here and there, their scores on some drug dealer game (or, maybe that's there side business), etc. I was impressed. Figured I could learn to be proficient with one, too, and moved it up on my list.

Then they showed me the T-Mobile rates, for only $10 more than I'm paying now I get 100 more minutes of voice and unlimited Blackberry. Less than half a similar plan with Cingular. Nice.

My Cingular contract expires Dec. 4th (billing ends the 23rd for some reason) and the day after I plan to switch to T-Mobile via a free 7105t deal I saw online.

So, for now, I'm reading messages and learning. I primarily use a Mac but have a WinBox here as well. Not sure which way I'll go yet for syncing yet.

So, hold off on teaching me the secret handshake just yet.
Old 11-14-2005, 10:26 PM   #125
biffs

Model: 7290

Hello, my name is Biffs, and some of you may know me from the Rogers forum down at howard forums. I just got my crackberry, primarily to develop software for it. Im starting up a tutorial/open source software section on my website (www.biffopolis.com) where i will post my sucess/failure with the blackberry. you can find all that at www.biffopolis.com/blackberry

hopefully I can contribute a bit to this site! nice to meet you all!
Old 11-14-2005, 10:32 PM   #126
corporate
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffs
Hello, my name is Biffs, and some of you may know me from the Rogers forum down at howard forums. I just got my crackberry, primarily to develop software for it. Im starting up a tutorial/open source software section on my website (www.biffopolis.com) where i will post my sucess/failure with the blackberry. you can find all that at www.biffopolis.com/blackberry

hopefully I can contribute a bit to this site! nice to meet you all!
Howdy biffs, good to see ya!
Old 11-14-2005, 11:40 PM   #127
biffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by corporate
Howdy biffs, good to see ya!
sup corporate! didnt know you were here!
Old 11-14-2005, 11:55 PM   #128
corporate
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffs
sup corporate! didnt know you were here!
Ah yes. Now that I've willingly gone to the dark side I dare not show my face in the Rogers forums any more (and the Bell forums are boring as hell).. so here be my new home :D
Old 11-15-2005, 12:35 AM   #129
biffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by corporate
Ah yes. Now that I've willingly gone to the dark side I dare not show my face in the Rogers forums any more (and the Bell forums are boring as hell).. so here be my new home :D
lol, sometimes i feel bad going in there too, lol!

your also welcome on my website, if you want to register and post!
Old 12-01-2005, 03:22 PM   #130
eightthirty

Model: 7105t

Hello! I'm Melissa. I just purchased the BB 7105t for T-Mobile. I'm pretty savvy when it comes to figuring things out, but I've only had it for - not even - 24 hours and I've got a few questions. I also wanted to use my BB to the max and I figured this would be a great place for ongoing discovery.

Without running the risk of boring you I'll close for now!

It's great to be here!

Melissa
Old 12-01-2005, 03:27 PM   #131
stonent
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8220
PIN: FFFFFFFF
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightthirty
Hello! I'm Melissa. I just purchased the BB 7105t for T-Mobile. I'm pretty savvy when it comes to figuring things out, but I've only had it for - not even - 24 hours and I've got a few questions. I also wanted to use my BB to the max and I figured this would be a great place for ongoing discovery.

Without running the risk of boring you I'll close for now!

It's great to be here!

Melissa
Oooh! A girl with a blackberry! Can I be your boyfriend?

(ok, just kidding)

Anyway welcome aboard and watch out for me, dawg and Corey, sometimes we get a little gripey but it's never anything personal against the users.

Just make sure to attempt a search whenever possible. If you didn't find the results that you were looking for, make sure to mention that in your posting so people don't fire back and gripe at you for not searching.

Prior: BES: 7510, 7520, 7290, 7230, 7130, 8220 (No Data Plan), Droid Eris
Post your question on the forum, don't PM me.
Old 12-01-2005, 03:37 PM   #132
eightthirty

Model: 7105t

Thanks for the welcome! I will search before asking questions!!

Melissa
Old 12-01-2005, 03:41 PM   #133
SMorganPhoto
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8330
PIN: 31C7D62A
Carrier: Verizon

Hmmm. I didn't properly do this, but my name is Steve. I would have had my 7290 but the store was closed when I got off work. Feel free to check out my gallery @ www.smorganphotography.com/gallery. If there are any Photographers or Graphic Designers feel free to check out my forum @ www.pagg.net (it's free!)

-Steve :D

Feel free to add me to BB Messenger!
Old 12-03-2005, 07:24 PM   #134
GrahamBlack

Model: 7100v
Default heellllloooo there

Hi there,

I have just bought my first BB, a nice little 7100v on vodaphone,
however because I am transfering from another network, I have to wait a week to use it... how poo is that!!

Looking forward to playing and will posting for lots of help sooon

cheers

Graham
Old 12-03-2005, 07:34 PM   #135
GrahamBlack

Model: 7100v
Default heellllloooo there

Hi there,

I have just bought my first BB, a nice little 7100v on vodaphone,
however because I am transfering from another network, I have to wait a week to use it... how poo is that!!

Looking forward to playing and will posting for lots of help sooon

cheers

Graham
Old 12-06-2005, 03:46 AM   #136
Reesa23

Model: 7130e
PIN: 32BED3FE
Carrier: US Cellular

Hi, I'm Reesa. I just got the 7290 thru US Cellular. I'm pretty clueless at this point but I'm sure this is the right place for me to figure it all out. You all seem so great here! Glad I found this place.
Old 12-12-2005, 04:30 AM   #137
Soupman

Model: 8830
Carrier: Bell Mobility

Just trialing a 7230e and I have 15 days left to see if I keep it or go back to my cell phone and Palm Pilot. So far, the BB is working great and this forum has answered by only question as to why I keep getting these etp messages.
Old 12-30-2005, 08:51 PM   #138
shape83

Model: 7100T

I just got a new Blackberry 7100t. I did not sign up for internet access on the phone. I was wondering if I can download ringtones and pics. to my computer and then send them to my blackberry.
Old 12-30-2005, 08:56 PM   #139
stonent
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8220
PIN: FFFFFFFF
Carrier: T-Mobile

Ringtones, no, pictures, there is a program that I think will let you do this, but I can't remember the name...

Edit: gtphoto is the program.

Prior: BES: 7510, 7520, 7290, 7230, 7130, 8220 (No Data Plan), Droid Eris
Post your question on the forum, don't PM me.

Last edited by stonent; 12-30-2005 at 09:51 PM..
Old 12-30-2005, 09:24 PM   #140
hbomb341
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700C
Carrier: AT&T

Hi Guys … I have been reading the board for about two weeks and have had my Blackberry 8700C fro about 3 weeks now. This is a great group and I am always a fan of message board for my obsessions (Like AA for Dorks). I figured I should introduce myself and give a little insight to about me. I am a consultant for one of the “Big 4” accounting firms; I do Computer forensics and electronic Evidence discovery. I have been out of school for about a year and have done A LOT of travel domestically (US) and international (Canada and Switzerland), hits the new need for the Blackberry. Recently married October 29, bough a house June 15, and have a Puppy who is CRAZY. I am a self admitted computer dork and really didn’t need another way to stay in the look but went for it anyways. I am always a fan of lending a hand and hope I can fit in here and help out some people from all of the reading of the archives and technical knowledge I have.

My Blackberry is set up on my Companies BES, I also use the BIS to check my personal e-mail on my own server that I manage out of my house. I have Verizon FIOS in my house, satellite radio, satellite TV. I am kind of a gadget freak and keep getting new ones.

I also would like to say Thank You all for the info up here; I was able to get my Blackberry 8700C Unlocked by CINGULAR just 2 weeks after I switched from Sprint and started a new account. I requested it on a Wednesday Night, faxed then the info they wanted on Thursday afternoon and had the code in my inbox on Friday morning.

Feel free to e-mail, PM, or PIN me anytime I am always up for chatting and helping when ever I have some time.
Closed Thread