BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2005, 10:04 PM   #1
BBERRY07

Model: 7520
Unhappy Nextel 7520 & Jabra BT800..... HELP!

Please Login to Remove!

I just got the 7520 & Jabra BT800 headset. Are they compatible? (BT 800 a gift).
Old 09-07-2005, 10:40 PM   #2
iamchrismullins
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7290

you really gotta be a self starter here and do some research:
1. does the bb have bk functionality?
2. If yes then read the manual and add the device by doing a search for bk devices from the phone..
3. If no..then re-gift it..

Been there: PDA/Palm/Handspring/Treo, motorola, nokia, t-mobile, BB 970,975,7100, motorola BK devices
Old 09-08-2005, 05:06 AM   #3
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

umm did you try and pair it at all or did you just post first? there are many many threads here on Bluetooth both reviews and how toos on this forums use bluetooth as the keyword followed by bt800
Old 09-13-2005, 02:44 AM   #4
fliedlice
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8700G
Carrier: T-Mobile

OMG....I cant believe people wont just answer the guys question....you drag threads on longer than necessary...

The BT-800 and the 7520 are compatible...to "pair" the headset with the device do the following.

make sure the handheld and the headset are powered on

in the home screen menu scroll to the bluetooth icon and make sure there isnt a red X over it...if there is click the scroll wheel once and the red X will go away

scroll to the options menu (the wrench) and click the scroll wheel.

scroll to the word bluetooth and click the scroll wheel. click the wheel a second time to bring up a menu. scroll to and click add device. it wil search for devices. if you havent powered on your headset npw would be a good time because it wont find it if its not powered on

once it finds the headset it will ask for the password. refer to the headsets manual for this password and enter it

it will then complete the connection and you should be ready to make calls

let me know if you have any more problems and I will be glad to help.
Old 09-13-2005, 05:56 AM   #5
Dawg
No longer Registered.

why answer it when he can find it himself like the rest of us did
Old 09-14-2005, 09:42 AM   #6
spileggi

FYI - the BT800 does work - but it doesn't work well. ...and yes, I have the latest software installed on the phone.

It pairs just fine - The problem is... there is a major delay answering the phone. IT’S NOT EVEN WORTH USING - it takes 3 to 5 seconds before you can hear the person and the person hears you. Not only that - but it is ALMOST impossible to answer from the headset. COOL HEADSET - worthless with this phone!

I could go on and on – save yourself the frustration, just don't waste your time with this combo.
Old 09-14-2005, 01:38 PM   #7
fliedlice
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8700G
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg
why answer it when he can find it himself like the rest of us did
Why not just get rid of the forum part of this website and turn it into an information only website....I thought forums were for exchanging ideas and helping other people who have atleast one other common interest as you...I guess I was misinformed as to the meaning of a forum
Old 09-14-2005, 01:52 PM   #8
Dawg
No longer Registered.

they are for exchanging ideas but damn we shouldnt have to keep repeating ourselves over and over and over again if you have done the search and then cant find the information thats one thing but if you type in bt 800 you get 15 different threads that answer the question right away. if you type in bluetooth you get unlimited information. I have 6 and 7 year old children that atleast try to help them selves before they ask for help.
Old 09-14-2005, 02:26 PM   #9
rlaurel57

I think we should leave our personal problems out of the forum, and help each other out as much as possible, after all that's what the forum was set out to do in the beginning...if you feel you don't want to answer the question for whatever reason, don't.....
Old 09-14-2005, 02:57 PM   #10
Dawg
No longer Registered.

i have no personal problems that you speak of.
Old 09-14-2005, 03:06 PM   #11
zma
Thumbs Must Hurt

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry 7520: BlackBerry7520/4.0.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

IMHO introducing a new user to the search feature is more helpful than creating the 18th post on the same topic. If good information on the same topic gets spread over multiple threads, it makes consistency, searching, and finding difficult.

Showing a noob to the search feature is as much tradition as irritation.
Old 09-20-2005, 06:00 AM   #12
gyrodave

I use this combo and it works better for me then the J250 and the Motorola 850 did. There are bugs, but I like the headset. I set the ringtone to use the phone's and to answer it takes a double-push, but answers quickly like this. It's certainly not the best, but it is very workable.
Old 09-20-2005, 01:31 PM   #13
nutsnbolts
Thumbs Must Hurt

Great, I just bought this headset because it seemed to be the only headset that worked well with it, at least from my research. I guess the latest and greatest isn't alway the sure bet.

Anyway, does the functionality of caller ID or the screen usage on the headset usable? My luck, it won't be. LOL.

On the other hand, this is truely a forum. If you find yourself repeating to answer questions, please don't answer. You'll find yourself not having to repeat. LOL It's a vicous cycle...I know.
Old 09-20-2005, 01:49 PM   #14
Dawg
No longer Registered.

if people would search before asking a question i wouldnt have to repeat either.
Old 09-20-2005, 02:49 PM   #15
nutsnbolts
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg
if people would search before asking a question i wouldnt have to repeat either.
Nothing against you dawg but you have to understand, people will ask questions whether they search or not. Some are new to forums, some are not. I'm involved in 10000 different forums and each community is different. Some will just give you the answer because it's a no hassle reply (post whoring) response or some will give assinine remarks on what they should do to find an answer. I'm not saying your remarks are assinine but you just feed the fire.

If no one responds to "repeated" questions over and over again, then this person will probably learn to just search it themselves. On the other hand, why say something when you have nothing good to say?

I agree, people should learn to search. Should learn to research their questions.

By definition, a forum is an online discussion group. They come here to discuss a specific topic. I guess I'm dumbfounded as to why people complain about repetitive questions when all they have to do is NOT hit "reply." People are getting worked up because they do it to themselves. They should just change the button to "Stress me reply button".

Bottomline is, just let it die...move on to the next topic.

Anyway, to stay on track with this forum, anyone here enjoy their BT800 to help me justify my buy? lol.
Old 09-20-2005, 04:06 PM   #16
Dawg
No longer Registered.

ok heres my problem when I do a search for specific items I have to thumb threw 1000 of the same threads with the same question just asked a different way.

So your point is mute if you dont tell them to search they will continuee to ask the same question just in five other topics. if you dont believe me do a search for ringtones and see how many of the same questions you com up with.

For instance last week we had a guy his question wasnt answered in a timely fashion (his own time) so he gets on and creates three more threads with the same question it had only been two hours.
Old 09-20-2005, 04:32 PM   #17
nutsnbolts
Thumbs Must Hurt

Dawg,

You're right about that. I have seen this happen in several different forums that I'm involved with. It is definately annoying. I guess this is a point where moderators for the forum "moderates." Otherwise, it's a battle for what's right what's wrong. Regardless, I don't really have an answer to resolve this. Your point is clearly stated and I agree with you. Furthermore, as I write this reply, I'm contributing to the swaying of this topic. lol...it's healthy conversation to say the least.
Closed Thread