Old 12-28-2005, 12:19 PM   #21
mcspeed
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7130
Default Update

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcspeed
I have a BB 7130 and use the Jabra BT350v and although the sound quality is good, the volume is not enough and the pairing is hit or miss.

Returned the Jabra BT350 V and got a BT 250V. The 250 is superior in terms of volume which I believe is more related to the design than the actual sound output since the piece goes into the ear vs. sitting on the outside. The 250 pairs faster and more reliably as well. The 350 sound quality is better but if you can't hear it who cares?
Old 12-29-2005, 05:23 PM   #22
Wattsie
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700G
Carrier: T-Mobile

I picked up the H700 this weekend and I'm very pleased with it. I did a lot of reading on this forum (thanks all!) and got it.

The only issue I have with my 7100T is that it seems to "disconnect" the BT signal and will not answer calls as they come in, or making calls do not route to the headset. Could possibly be my ignorance with the device, but otherwise it would be nice.

After over 10 years I finally have a motorola product I can say that I'm not entirely disappointed with. I'd reccommend this headset.
Old 12-30-2005, 09:26 AM   #23
gadgtman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7130e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wattsie
I picked up the H700 this weekend and I'm very pleased with it. I did a lot of reading on this forum (thanks all!) and got it.

The only issue I have with my 7100T is that it seems to "disconnect" the BT signal and will not answer calls as they come in, or making calls do not route to the headset. Could possibly be my ignorance with the device, but otherwise it would be nice.

After over 10 years I finally have a motorola product I can say that I'm not entirely disappointed with. I'd reccommend this headset.
Glad it's working for you, but my experince with the H700 (connected to a 7130e) has been disappointing. Volume sucks, and the quality at the other end is bad - very muffled.

So I tried the H500 - marginally better. A little better volume, but same muffled voice at the other end. And you have to sit it just right on your ear for it to not flap around.

So I picked up the Plantronics 510 yesterday - so far, best of the bunch. It's the loudest by far, and quality at the other end far superior to the Moto's. The only two downsides to the 510 are size/design and the charger sucks. It takes very little to accidentally disconnect from the charging cord, and I prefer a mini-USB connection. Oh, and what's with the miniscule on/off button? That little point on top of the button actually hurts, considering you have to keep it pressed for a few seconds.

I just ordered the Jabra JX10...I'm hoping this is the holy grail!

Last edited by gadgtman; 12-30-2005 at 09:59 AM..
Closed Thread