Old 07-24-2005, 09:46 AM   #21
fullwave2
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8800
Carrier: ATT

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluetooth
Does the SP500 work well for voice dialing?
According to the documentation it works with voice dialing. Just can't tell you how well as my 7100g doesn't have that feature.

As for testing the automatic connecting I got a chance to test it. After turning off the unit for a period of about 15 minutes when I returned to the car I turned the unit back on and it successfully reconnected to the 7100g without having to touch the phone's Bluetooth set up. Going to try it again later allowing for a longer period disconnected. So far though it looks promising. It's certainly easier to turn the unit on and off manually than having to do the manual connect from the 7100's set up.

Update: Tried the auto connect function again but this time with over an hour wait before turning the Jabra unit on. It successfully reconnected to the 7100g without having to touch the Blackberry. Now if I can just remember to to turn the SP500 off when leaving the car and remember to turn it back on when returning it would be perfect. Actually not perfect. I'd prefer not to have to touch anything including the SP500. If I left the SP500 on and I disconnected by being out of range it should reconnect on it's own when I was back within range.

Last edited by fullwave2; 07-24-2005 at 10:44 AM..
Old 07-25-2005, 01:57 AM   #22
Bluetooth

Model: None

I guess it's just theway how bluebooth is configured in these produts. It's the same with my bluetooth headset, after turning the headset itself, when I turn it back on, it will reconnect with no problem but if I leave the unit on and go out range, when I come back I have to turn the headset back on again to reconnect. By the way, how does the automatic volume work when driving - is the volume adequate or do you have to compensate by cranking it up manually?
Old 07-25-2005, 04:39 AM   #23
fullwave2

The volume works very well. No problem hearing even with the air conditioning running on high with the fan full speed. I don't normally drive with the windows open but I suspect you'd still have no issue hearing as there's more than enough volume and you can still override the automatic volume control and push up the volume manually.

Update: I just tested th evolume on the way in to work this morning and found that I was probably using half the capability of the volume. I could up the volume manually well beyond what you might say is acceptable levels. I imagine this unit would probably work in cars or trucks with very loud ambient noise levels.

Last edited by fullwave2; 07-25-2005 at 05:29 AM..
Old 07-29-2005, 12:21 PM   #24
Bluetooth

Model: None

Just received my SP500 yesterday so have had no real opportunity to check it out but so far am impressed with the the clarity and the ability to use it for voice dialing, a definite asset. One thing I have noticed though, the volume control seems only partially effective. also the volume wheel is continuous with no beginning or end stops. Just wondering if your volume wheel is continuous as well or is mine defective?
Old 07-29-2005, 01:27 PM   #25
plasmadude

Model: 8700
Carrier: verizon

Fullwave2:
You mentioned that the volume is fine even if the airconditioning is turned up high but can the other party hear you under this condition?
Old 07-29-2005, 05:42 PM   #26
fullwave2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluetooth
Just wondering if your volume wheel is continuous as well or is mine defective?
Mine is too. It's a digital volume control. Analog would have a stop.
Old 07-29-2005, 05:43 PM   #27
fullwave2

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasmadude
Fullwave2:
You mentioned that the volume is fine even if the airconditioning is turned up high but can the other party hear you under this condition?
Yes they can. There is some background noice being heard on the other end but the voise is readable. I guess a lot can depend upon where you mount it.
Old 08-11-2005, 09:27 AM   #28
fullwave2

Thumbs down It's going back!

Maybe I spoke too soon. Started having multiple problems with the unit and my 7100g. During a call I'd get a loud digital noise and the unit would shut itself off. Now after connecting in a call either the person on th eother end cannot hear me at all or the audio coming into the unit would be so low it's inaudible. Take your pick. Either is unacceptable. I don't have any more time or patience to fool around with it do I'm packing it up and shipping it back. Too bad. Nice concept. Just not working for me.
Old 08-13-2005, 02:25 PM   #29
Ominx
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8130
Carrier: VZW

Yea, the SP500 isn't working out for me neither. I have gotten too many complaints from people saying they can't hear me. I just didn't trust it with my important phone calls. So, I just ordered the Voyager 510 and we'll see how it turns out.
Old 08-13-2005, 05:10 PM   #30
nklmw

Model: 7250
Thumbs up Jabra SP500

So far, I love this thing. I've had it about a week. People say they can hear me very well (I have it clipped to my car visor) and I hear them quite well too.

Personally, BT earbuds just don't do the trick for me.
Old 08-13-2005, 09:54 PM   #31
Steve

Model: 9630
Carrier: Sprint

Wirelessly posted (ATTW/Cingular 7290 (BWC): BlackBerry7290/4.0.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

I've been thinking about a BT speakerphone too. I plan to sit it on my coffee table and use it in conjunction with my videophone (DLink DVC-1000) for voice carry over (VCO) relay calls using a sign language interpreter to sign the other party's side of the conversation while I speak directly to them.
I'll keep reading these reviews!

Thanks,
Steve
Old 08-16-2005, 08:04 PM   #32
Ominx

Quote:
Originally Posted by nklmw
People say they can hear me very well (I have it clipped to my car visor) and I hear them quite well too.
I had no problem hearing other people, but they sure couldn't hear me. I got way to many "what?"s that it got annoying. Have you tried leaving yourself a message on your own voicemail to test the voice quality. You should definitely try that to see what other callers are hearing...and from my experience it isn't acceptable.

In other news, I just got my Plantronics Voyager 510. Now this is what a headset should be. It takes some getting used to getting it properly fixed on your ear, especially after using the Moto 850, but I must say this is the most comfortable headset I have used yet. The voice quality is great on both ends. The clarity is actually better than the phone itself, and the DSP is top notch. I can drive with the windows rolled down and the radio on a low volume and callers can hear me perfectly. Again, I used the self voicemail test to verify this.

And to think I paid only $42 for such a great headset.

The bottom line is, I just don't think speakerphone kits are ever going to be up to par with the quality of headsets. That is until they start integrating multiple studio mikes into kits. The convinience is obviously the biggest draw, but reliability and performance tops my list.
Old 08-17-2005, 06:47 AM   #33
fullwave2

I suspect my issue may have had more to do with the unit working with the 7100g. It was constantly shutting itself down and either the incoming audio would drop to nearly nothing and I wasn't able to adjust it manually, or the outgoing audio was being reported at nearly unreadable. I really did want this thing to work but I guess it's not in the cards.
Old 08-17-2005, 10:47 AM   #34
stu28bu

Model: 7290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ominx
And to think I paid only $42 for such a great headset.
Where did you find it that cheap?
Old 08-17-2005, 06:13 PM   #35
Ominx

Quote:
Originally Posted by stu28bu
Where did you find it that cheap?
Well, it's out of stock right now, but I got it here: http://www.monstronix.com/product_in...ducts_id/15963

I recommend them, I recieved shippment in 3 days via USPS. Oh, and it was $43 sorry for the mistake.
Closed Thread