What version MMI do you have?
Old 11-04-2007, 03:30 PM   #42
jpirolo

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG in SB View Post
I am the lucky owner of a 2006 Audi A6 S-line. One of the coolest features of the car is the Bluetooth link that is integrated into the car's Multi-Media Interface (MMI).

I have been using the MMI interface with a Treo 650 for nearly a year, and it worked really well, but there were a few hinky/buggy issues, and it seemed to cause the phone to reset itself randomly when you dialed using the MMI.

I recently switched to a BlackBerry 8800. I checked out the Bluetooth compatibility chart provided by Audi before making the switch. It clearly states that "Phonebook Sync" is "Not Supported" for BlackBerry Devices.

I imagined I would still be able to receive and dial calls, but that the phonebook wouldn't sync up. That was OK, because the phonebook sync with the Treo was such a pain, that I was regularly just dialing from the Treo handset. Also, the MMI has an internal directory where I could program the most important numbers I needed, and still be able to dial them from the MMI.

So, expecting only basic call and answer functionality from my new BlackBerry, I paired it with my Audi A6's MMI.

Well, you can imagine my surprise when I noticed that the "Phone Book" option in the MMI was highlighted and selectable once the BlackBerry had done it's initial sync with the MMI. Curiously I opened it, and found hundreds and hundereds of phone numbers generated from the 2038 contact records I currently have stored on the BlackBerry. Also, there was an alphabetical search feature to help you quickly get to the entry you are looking for. When I checked this, I noticed that the entries only went through the letter "G", which, based on my Contacts file, means somewhere around 1000 individual phone numbers (most of my contacts have multiple numbers in them) were able to sync to the MMI before it's memory was filled up.

However, a day later, I discovered a setting on the BlackBerry under Bluetooth Options, called "Address Book Transfer". This includes a setting that allows you to select one of the following for syncing with the Audi MMI (and I would assume similar systems in other vehicles):
  • Disabled
  • All Entries
  • Hotlist Only
  • Selected Categories Only

I certainly don't need ALL of my 2038 contacts phone numbers on my car's MMI display. So, in Outlook, I just created a new category called "MMI Phonebook", and on the BlackBerry chose the "Selected Categories Only" setting, and specified this category (It lets you specify more than one, and they can be any category that you have already set up in Outlook). Then I added this category only to the Outlook contacts that I wanted to have on the car's MMI.

To my great delight, the next time I got into the car with my BlackBerry 8800, I noticed that all of the numbers that I would want to access from the MMI display are now present! I tested dialing a few, and they all work perfectly.

So if you are a recent model year Audi owner and your car has the MMI with integrated Bluetooth, you can rest assured that the 8800 phonebook will actually sync with your MMI despite what Audi says about this being "Not Supported". Furthermore, the BlackBerry firmware provides enough flexibility that it should be possible for you to get exactly what you want onto the MMI.

I thought this was so cool I had to share it! ;) Let me know if you have any questions about it.
Where did you get a cradle for the original sync with the MMI system??

Thanks.
Old 11-17-2007, 05:59 PM   #43
halloween75

Model: 8100
Carrier: AT&T
Default Pearl/A4 and uncaught exception

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosox_45 View Post
I'm using the Verizon 8830 with my 2007 Audi A4. I was getting the "Uncaught exception java.lang.ClassCastException" as experienced by some others in this thread. I was able to connect to the Audi MMI and make 1 call, but then the 8830 would disconnect and I would get the error. I also had my Jabra bluetooth headset as an option under Blootooth devices on the 8830.

Once I deleted the Jabra entry from the Blootooth devices list, the 8830 now works fine with the Audi MMI, I can make multiple calls without getting the error.

I was very frustrated because I wasn't able to get any info from Verizon or Audi, however, the suggestion mentioned earlier in this thread resolved the issue! Thanks!

I have an A4 avant and blackberry pearl...
I am having this same issue (uncaught exception: java.lang.ClassCastException and disconnect from the car after connecting for about 30 seconds) but it worked fine (with a different 8100) for about 6 months with both my logitech headset and Audi in my devices list. About a month ago I was having other issues w my pearl so I got a "new" one through the warranty, that one was just a mess, so I go another one through the warranty - all works fine except it has never linked up w bluetooth to my car (above error). I was just at the store and had an AT&T guy come out to my car and his pearl synced up fine with my car - he also had another headset device on his list. He suggested to get another phone through the warranty but I am obviously skeptical that it will work. Is there anything else to be done? The "trust" option on the properties list (or wherever that is) is set to yes - actually all the options under the bluetooth were the same as the guy from AT&T...so I don't think that's the problem. I have done a hard reset and downloaded the latest registry software. Please help... this is the most frustrating thing!! Thanks!
Old 06-09-2008, 10:03 AM   #44
schalliol
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700c

This is an old thread, but I also have an 05 A6 and have not been able to sync my phone book with the A6. I probably will be getting a new phone anyway, but it does work if I program it. I'll probably program a few choice numbers and then just use the dialing on the BB for less common usage. I wish the address book were tied to the key you used for the car, so my wife and I could have different address books...
Old 06-12-2008, 10:47 AM   #45
natsblackberry

Model: 8110
Carrier: 02

the audis only list a few blacberrys because they have not been tested but may work with occasional drop out . i work for audi so any questions pm me
Old 07-03-2008, 10:32 AM   #46
nealdfarley@hotmail.co.uk

Carrier: vodafone
Default Bluetooth Connectivity with VW Touareg not working

just read the Audi A6 thread and as VAG should share systems I am surprised that my VW wont find my 8100.

I am in Romania and using Vodafone as my network (phone is a Vodafone branded BB8100)

I kept trying to pair my phone, it finds my phone, I type in the code and then it fails...

any ideas???
Old 07-14-2008, 03:40 AM   #47
Scott.Levine

Carrier: T-Mobile
Default A6 & 8100

I have an '07 A6 and 8100. The bluetooth connectivity is SUPERB. Sound quality, etc. However, I have close to 3000 contacts in the phone book and only the first 150 get transferred. I tried going to BLUETOOTH, TRANSFER ADDRESS BOOK from the 8100 to get the "by category" but every time I get "Unable to locate object push server."

BUT if I get transfer from A6 side, I automatically get the first 150. HELP PLEASE....this sucks.

s.
Old 07-19-2008, 03:11 PM   #48
mjansen@cogeco.ca

Model: 8860
Carrier: Rogers
Default Need help unlocking PIN# on Audi MMI

I bought a used Audi A4 with the MMI, which I paired with my blackberry curve. This worked extremely well for a few weeks, until one day the MMI turned red and asked for the PIN #. After checking the manual, I enterred the default "1234" but nothing happened. I've trieed 0000, 0001, 0002 and a few others but to no avail. Audi Canada was not much help and suggested I call the phone company, which suggested I talk to Audi.

Anyone have any experience with this???

Maarten
Old 07-23-2008, 04:31 PM   #49
Hardcyber

Model: 8800
Carrier: TIM

I have exactly the same problem. Brand new S5 and BB8800.
First: go and check in the memory setup andd verify that you do not have SIM as memory source. Mine works with SIM+Phone. The issue is that now I get only the first item out of all the contacts in the dedicated Contact List.

If I use Phone as a source, I get something like 50 contacts out of a random list.

Weird.

is anybody having the same issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott.Levine View Post
I have an '07 A6 and 8100. The bluetooth connectivity is SUPERB. Sound quality, etc. However, I have close to 3000 contacts in the phone book and only the first 150 get transferred. I tried going to BLUETOOTH, TRANSFER ADDRESS BOOK from the 8100 to get the "by category" but every time I get "Unable to locate object push server."

BUT if I get transfer from A6 side, I automatically get the first 150. HELP PLEASE....this sucks.

s.
Old 01-28-2009, 12:42 PM   #50
dviglianco

Model: 8820
Carrier: Movistar Argentina

I had this problem on my own (I have a car with Bluetooth -Mercedes W204- and a BB 8820) and I was struggling with this for several months. I look everywhere on the internet with no answers and I found a lot of people with the same problem. However.... I think I FINALLY HAVE THE SOLUTION:

Here we go:

- On a bluetooth connection you have, basically, two components.
- You have the BB device and the car device.

The key is that the car that is able to receive address book transfers has TWO services:

1) hands free unit
2) Objects Push

The thing is that this TWO services cannot work together AT THE SAME TIME.

Normally, you have the car device activated as a "hands free unit", SO, when you attempt to transfer the address book, you receive the famous message "unable to locate object push server".

The one million dollar question is "how can you switch to "Objects push" mode ? Answer: go to Bluetooth, select your car device, open Options and press for "update list of services" and.... voilá!!! the description "hands free unit" will change to "objects push". At that time you will be able to transfer contacts (obviously setting your car device -in my case- to receive those contacts).

Be careful: once you finalized the transfer, you must deactive the car device for receiving contacts and, on your BB, update again the list of services to get your "hands free unit" again because, if not, you were possible will be having problems on connecting over the bluetooth (another common problem I saw in several posts).

And that´s it. It worked for me so, pleae try it and Enjoy!! By the way, you don´t need to update your OS....

Cheers from Argentina.

Diego
Old 07-03-2009, 08:47 PM   #51
shadowbb

Model: 8830
Carrier: telus

Hey Guys:

have a bb 8830 updated version 4.5 software; has paired up with 2005 Audi A 6, can receive and make calls, cannot download contacts...gives me the "cannot locate object push..."

can anyone help?

dealer said my MMI software is fine??

thanks
Old 07-06-2009, 07:44 AM   #52
steveadnj

Model: 9000

Shadowbb,

Have same problem with Bold 9000 and 2005 A6. Please post or e-mail if you find a solution!
Old 07-08-2009, 04:09 AM   #53
acc1962

Carrier: movistar
Default Address sync with audi

I used to have automatic address sync but recently I lost it. I don´t know how to recover it. Any hint ?
Regards.
Old 07-09-2009, 07:51 AM   #54
steveadnj

Default fixed

Had the software upgraded at dealership ($180) and now blackberry connection works well, have dialed, received and missed calls, and all phone book entries synch.
Old 07-13-2009, 08:04 AM   #55
flipper

Model: 8310
Carrier: Vodafone
Default Curve 8310 with Audi A3

Hi,
I've got a 3 weeks old Audi A3, but I'm not able to transfer any of my phone book numbers. I get the push object server error, I've seen a few people around getting.

any suggestions?
Old 07-27-2009, 03:49 AM   #56
Laurent_France

Model: 8900
Carrier: Orange
Default Not working well in rSAP mode

Audi A6<>BB 8900 using bluetooth rSAP mode not working well together. Address book is not transferred unless it's stored on the SIM card
I use A6 MMI 5570 (latest one in Europe) w/ bluetooth preset.
Old 11-11-2009, 09:34 AM   #57
Darren M

Default BB 8110 and A6 MMI problem

I have a BB 8110 and a 2009 Audi A6. I had no trouble connecting the BB to the A6 MMI and everytime I put the ignition key in the BB would transfer address book and latest recieved calls, missed calls etc.

This continued to work for a few weeks then the whole thing stopped updating when I put the key in, and I was left with the last transfer on the memory of the MMI.

It still connects and works as a handsfree phone through the MMI ok.

Does anyone know how to get this working again?

Darren M
England
Old 11-11-2009, 09:34 AM   #58
Darren M

Default BB 8110 and A6 MMI problem

I have a BB 8110 and a 2009 Audi A6. I had no trouble connecting the BB to the A6 MMI and everytime I put the ignition key in the BB would transfer address book and latest recieved calls, missed calls etc.

This continued to work for a few weeks then the whole thing stopped updating when I put the key in, and I was left with the last transfer on the memory of the MMI.

It still connects and works as a handsfree phone through the MMI ok.

Does anyone know how to get this working again?

Darren M
England
Old 11-20-2009, 11:36 AM   #59
m1h0k1

Model: 9550
Carrier: verizon

i have an audi a6 (2005) and it wont sync with my storm2. it seems to sync, but when calling it says connected and then immediately disconnects the call. the phone sync worked fine with my 8703. Audi says its not their issue. any ideas?
Old 12-05-2009, 10:12 PM   #60
nkreutzer

Model: Bold
Default A6 BB Bold call transfer delay

I have a 2005 Audi A6 with the latest MMI controller (the dealership fried my controller while doing an upgrade, so be careful if you request this as it's not covered under warranty. My phone book transferred, the phone connects via bluetooth without any issues, however, I get a significant delay (sometimes up to 20 seconds) when I place an outgoing call via the phone. I see the phone dealing, the name and caller ID on the phone but my MMI just shows Outgoing Dialing. The phone USUALLY connects when the person or voicemail picks up, but not always. I know that the phone is dialing, as I usually "activate handset" to assure that I hear the phone ringing and then it transfers to the car. The dealer is at a loss. Anyone else see this issue?
thanks!
Nik
Closed Thread