Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2005, 09:35 AM   #1
Jason_AB
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: BOLD
Carrier: at&t
Cool 7520 & Jabra BT 800

Please Login to Remove!

I can confirm that the new software update does indeed help Bluetooth application. I have a BT 800 and prior to the handheld software update the echo on this was unbearable, even with the volume turned all the way down. I am happy to say that it has gotten better. At the low to mid point on volume I have minimal to some echo, in my SUV the volume down all the way is plenty loud to conduct business, In my convertible with the top up, it has to be at the mid point and, some echo is present.

Down side is I still can’t RELIABLY answer calls with it. It is improved from the last software, which you couldn’t answer the phone at all with the headset. Now I can but I click the answer button 1-3 times, you have to pay attention and listen for the connect tone from the earpiece. I click too many could hang the call up.

One more software upgrade and maybe we can get it correct, HTML, Bluetooth, SMS…….
Old 04-25-2005, 12:16 AM   #2
SedahDrol

I just upgraded to the latest version I agree with your findings. It immensly improved the functionality with the BT800. Both the answer and end buttons finally work. From my testing it picks up by the third time I press the answer button, it will end the call on the first press of the end button. Removing from the holster seems to succesfully connect (if auto answer is on). you mention the possibility of hanging up by clicking too many times, but that's not possible, the answer and the end buttons are seperate. One thing to keep in mind when hanging up on a call just tap the end button. If you hold it too long you will just turn off the headset.

Echo is almost non-existent. Unfortunately the volume is now seemingly too low. The echo really never got on my nerve, since it was pretty much a real time echo rather than a lag. Overall it's a definite improvement. Anyone having the BT800 and the 7520 needs to upgrade. BTW it's a 20+ meg file.
Old 04-25-2005, 10:08 AM   #3
wlee309
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7520
Carrier: Nextel

I use the Jabra 250 and have absolutely no issues with picking up/hanging up calls with the headset. I would however like to see a dbl-tap for redial instead of a single tap which I always fumble on or hit accidentally when it's in my pocket.
Old 06-16-2005, 04:24 PM   #4
NeoMatrix

Model: 8100
Carrier: AT&T

Hello All -
Just wondering if there is any update on the relative compatibility of the BT800 and the 7520? From a forum search and reading many of the posts in this category, it seems as if many have "issues" with the BT800, enough not to endorse it for purchase. Is this correct?

Thanks,
Old 06-26-2005, 10:35 AM   #5
Zoinks
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: ATT

Correct. This thread refers to the March 2nd firmware update. The issues with answering calls persist. Jabra says they will\will not release firmware to address the issue. Jabra's support has been less than consistent.

I returned mine in favor of a Flamingo. Best option is to wait out an update or updated version.
Closed Thread