BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 08:59 PM   #1
gluck75
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7290
Carrier: t
Default 8700 Pair with BMW-- Address Book!!!

Please Login to Remove!

I have a 2006 BMW 330i with CIP 20 software and I am trying to pair it to my Cingular Blackberry 8700. The 8700 is running 4.1.0.194.

The sound is fine, but for some reason I just get the first 4 entries in my address book and thats it.

Anybody know what to do?
Old 04-15-2006, 10:58 PM   #2
prubenstein
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700c
Carrier: cingular

I also have a 2006 330i and an 8700. I have the navigation package. I had no problem pairing the two and the phonebook transferred flawlessly. The only problem I had was that my BB address book had about 1,600 entries which exceeded the BMW's memory so it oculdn't get past "m". I have set up a most used list with about 400 entries and that pairs without incident. The only problem I have is that the BB ocassionally and randomly reboots.

Paul
Old 04-15-2006, 11:57 PM   #3
EricaJ1074
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 7105t

Here are 2 links for you both to read.
1) Bluetooth Supported BB Models http://www.blackberry.com/products/b...th/index.shtml

2) Bluetooth Supported Car Kits and Headsets
http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgec...?nodeid=858763

Last edited by EricaJ1074; 04-16-2006 at 02:41 AM..
Old 04-16-2006, 12:55 AM   #4
EricaJ1074
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 7105t

While on this subject I need a little help also. I am looking to get the Motorola H500 BT Headset soon to go with my 7105t and my 7100t as a backup phone when needed. I am not sure which kit will work with this headset or fit a 2005 Chevrolet Venture Minivan for the following reason. Kinda long but I need to explain everything so u all can understand my situation. I'm asking now because I want to be able to implement something soon. Right now I'm at home recovering from recent surgery but will be driving again soon and this is something I've been thinking about.

My minivan was specially built to allow me to be able to drive due to my disability (I was born with Spina Bifida and am paralyzed from my waist down). The middle area floor of the van was dropped 10" to accomodate either one of my 2 chairs (power and manual) when I'm not driving, a 6 way power driver seat was installed (after tearing up the floor under the steering wheel) because it was discovered that I am too short to drive from my manual wheelchair, which will change because I am now using a power wheelchair so it will most likely be taken out to accomodate the power chair. The seat has switches that will turn it to the right, raise and lower it (so I can see over the dashboard along with a wedge type seat that I sit on) and move it closer to and away from the steering wheel, hand controls connected to the brake and accelerator, a steering knob mounted on the wheel (which is no biggie because it's not power), kneeling suspension to make entry and exit safer in my chair, and a automatic ramp.

In about 4 years, I'm gonna be looking for a full size van that has the hand controls, suspension, seat and spinner knob but not the dropped floor because I'm going to get either a lift that fits but does not block the view out of the side door, or get the roof and doors raised a few extra inches to accomodate my taller chair. I need a kit that's gonna be easily transferrable.

Questions to answer: 1) Where can I mount a car kit in my current van? 2) Which carkit fits my needs but won't screw with the electronics I need to get in and out of the van? (I have a story about my parents' full size wheelchair accessible van lift that screwed using the van until it was removed)

Any electrical engineers or anybody who installs equipment in cars care to take a stab at answering these for me?

Check out this link to see what a van similar to mine looks like http://www.entervan.com/products/consveh/index.asp The Chrysler Entervan (Consumer Vehicles) is the closest thing to the Chevrolet Entervan I have right now.

Check out the lifts (Consumer Lifts) to see what I might be upgrading to in the future.

I appreciate this as this will give me the independence to drive safely and the convenience I need to be able to use my phone when I need it (or when I want to LOL)

Last edited by EricaJ1074; 04-16-2006 at 01:29 AM..
Old 04-16-2006, 08:56 PM   #5
genearch
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
Carrier: Verizon

Somewhat related...

How did you setup a "most used" list? I have about 500 contacts and would only like maybe 50 of them there. (the only thing I miss from my Treo)

Any suggestions?
Closed Thread