BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 03:32 PM   #1
ugino
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Nextel
Unhappy Installation MAPI error when ppgrading from WinXp BES4.1 to Windows2008SBS.

Please Login to Remove!

This is my scenario:
I have a Windows 2008 SBS with exchange 2007, and on a separate box a Windows XP with BES 4.1 installed and working... I have some issues so I want to upgrade to BES Express 5, so I`m trying to install BES 5 express on the same box of Windows 2008 SBS and throw my Windows Xp computer to the trashcan or maybe donate it to a museum (it´s about 5 years old)..

I followed the installation guide to setup the BesAdmin permission, but I noticed that they are already set because of my previous installation.... so I logged in with BesAdmin account and started to install BES Express 5..... I had to install Microsoft Exchange Server MAPI Client and Collaboration Data Objects 1.2.1 for BES to let me install it, then I had a warning that CDO.dll was not present, so I copied from c:\program files\exhangemapi to c:\windows\system32 and the warning was gone.... I continued with the installation and after the restart, after typying the SRP key and CAL, in the MAPI configuration page I type in my servername and the user BesAdmin, click on find name, it does find its and when I click next I get this error:

"The setup application could not initialize the Microsoft Exchange Server MAPI client. Make sure that MAPI is installed and configured correctly and the Microsoft Exchange Server and mailbox that you specified are correct."

I tried different things but I can´t managed to pass this installation task..
What can I do??

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-23-2010, 05:28 PM   #2
sniffs
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

Why not just download and install the new mapi/cdo file from MS? Google Mapi cdo

and its the first link.. it's only 5 months old.