dtdt
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjaslow View Post
Here's a great tip for Jawbone users... If you don't like the way your Jawbone fits and/or it's not loud enough...

Go find yourself some old Jabra ear gels. Find the one you like, and get ready to make a commitment... Go get a few drops of crazy glue...

Remove the Jawbone eargels entirely. The Jabra ear gel fits perfectly over the "stump" where the normal ear pieces fit in. Set the ear gel to a comfortable position, and fix in place with a couple of drops of crazy glue. The volume must increase by an order of magnitude! And it's much more comfortable. Remove that silly earloop, and you're in business! I've had mine that way for a few months, and love it. I was having trouble getting the thing to stay on comfortably, and found the volume to be way too low. Now, I don't even put the volume up to half, because it's too loud...
I agree with the Jabra ear gels. I don't find crazy glueing them on as necessary. I tried mine without the earloop, it wasn't as good as with it. From all I've read on these forums, it seems like it all depends on the shape of one's eardrum. None of the JawBone earbuds worked well for my ears. One of the long Jabra ear gels works very well for me. I got them at the Verizon store for $2.99 (4 ear gels).
Old 12-21-2007, 11:07 AM   #22
justin.culp
CrackBerry Addict

Model: SOLD
Carrier: at&t

i have had a jawbone for awhile...i can't even use the thing. the fit is so poor for my ears. i have tried every piece it came with, bending things, etc. nothing works.

Old 12-21-2007, 11:09 AM   #23
jsntrenkler
BlackBerry Blooded

Model: 9630
PIN: ????
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I noticed that mine does fit a tad loose, but it is still great for me. I think it actually makes it a bit more comfortable for me not having the thing jammed up in my ear.
Old 12-21-2007, 11:30 AM   #24
snowskier79
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Curve
PIN: No thanks, yo tienen una pluma.
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin.culp View Post
i have had a jawbone for awhile...i can't even use the thing. the fit is so poor for my ears. i have tried every piece it came with, bending things, etc. nothing works.
Did you try the jabra gels? I am going to purchasing them today and give it a go as I have been using the OEM Jawbone set.

Btw, what happened to your Chuck Norris image? That thing was awesome!

Last edited by snowskier79; 12-28-2007 at 05:05 PM..
Old 12-21-2007, 08:20 PM   #25
Rhyalus
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9650

I too like this headset better than any other that I have had.

I have a weird issue with it, though. When I first got it, the white led did not blink when it was on, which I preferred. One day when I was turning it on, I did something, and now it blinks.

Does anyone know if there is a way to turn this off? There is nothing in the manual about it.

Also, after you get used to this headset, you figure out how to quickly put it on and take it off. You have to sort of rotate it as it fits over the top part of your ear.

Regards,
R
Old 12-22-2007, 04:03 AM   #26
dtdt
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyalus View Post
I have a weird issue with it, though. When I first got it, the white led did not blink when it was on, which I preferred. One day when I was turning it on, I did something, and now it blinks.
That white led is your nerd alert! j/k, I own one too! That's weird that it wasn't flashing at first; perhaps it kicked on once you gave it a full charge?
Old 12-22-2007, 10:18 AM   #27
jsntrenkler
BlackBerry Blooded

The first day I had mine the white light didn't blink either, the second day however it did. I actually thought I was losing my mind, I guess not.
Old 12-22-2007, 04:14 PM   #28
PPCMD
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8820

I picked up the Jawbone a couple of months ago based on a work event. Our company was hosting a classic car event at our HQ and one of the folks there was on the phone right as someone was doing a burnout. The caller could barely hear them so they used their Jawbone and all was good for the caller, they thought he had gone inside, nope just a jawbone headset.
Old 12-22-2007, 05:25 PM   #29
markhfx
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: Telus

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjaslow View Post
Here's a great tip for Jawbone users... If you don't like the way your Jawbone fits and/or it's not loud enough...

Go find yourself some old Jabra ear gels. Find the one you like, and get ready to make a commitment... Go get a few drops of crazy glue...

Remove the Jawbone eargels entirely. The Jabra ear gel fits perfectly over the "stump" where the normal ear pieces fit in. Set the ear gel to a comfortable position, and fix in place with a couple of drops of crazy glue. The volume must increase by an order of magnitude! And it's much more comfortable. Remove that silly earloop, and you're in business! I've had mine that way for a few months, and love it. I was having trouble getting the thing to stay on comfortably, and found the volume to be way too low. Now, I don't even put the volume up to half, because it's too loud...
Anyone know where you can buy some Jabra eargels in canada? just the gels not the whole headset?
Old 12-23-2007, 11:40 AM   #30
snowskier79
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Curve
PIN: No thanks, yo tienen una pluma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPCMD View Post
I picked up the Jawbone a couple of months ago based on a work event. Our company was hosting a classic car event at our HQ and one of the folks there was on the phone right as someone was doing a burnout. The caller could barely hear them so they used their Jawbone and all was good for the caller, they thought he had gone inside, nope just a jawbone headset.
That is a great example of the Jawbone's technology.
Old 12-24-2007, 01:12 AM   #31
jsntrenkler
BlackBerry Blooded

It truly does make a huge difference, I love mine!
Old 12-24-2007, 02:38 AM   #32
JohnJohn
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300

I enjoy'ed the noise cancellation. However I returned mine due to a long delay.

The great noise cancellation is given to us by a delay in the out bound sound, which is then cleaned. I believe it to be almost 1.5 or even 2 seconds. When answering a business phone that was unacceptable to me. When I would answer the phone I would need to wait 1-2 seconds before saying hello. In some cases I would say Hello to soon and a customer would then say "Hello, are you there?" Creating an awkward moment.

I understand the great noise cancellation is a plus for creating a better experience for customers on the other line, however I could not get over the delay issue.

8300 BB - iPhone - HTC8925 - DS
Old 12-24-2007, 08:39 AM   #33
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low

That doesn't make sense, JohnJohn. You said you wait to speak so as to overcome the delay. If the Jawbone is delaying the audio in order to clean it (your audio), waiting wouldn't matter, it would still need to clean your voice audio on the same delay.

The way the Jawbone's noice reduction technology works is that it reads the vibrations from your voice through your 'jawbone' (hence the name) rather than from sound waves. That is why the little white piece of plasti on the unit must touch your face.

By the way, it is at $75 today at ecost.com.

Last edited by JSanders; 12-24-2007 at 10:01 AM..
Old 12-24-2007, 09:18 AM   #34
shambasha
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: tmobile

can someone please post a picture with their jawbone attached to the jebra eargel, I am having hard time fitting mine.thanks
Old 12-24-2007, 09:54 AM   #35
jsntrenkler
BlackBerry Blooded

I am with Jsanders on this one JohnJohn ... I don't notice any delay at all. In fact, the technology is fantastic for what it does.
Old 12-24-2007, 02:32 PM   #36
JohnJohn
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
That doesn't make sense, JohnJohn. You said you wait to speak so as to overcome the delay. If the Jawbone is delaying the audio in order to clean it (your audio), waiting wouldn't matter, it would still need to clean your voice audio on the same delay.

The way the Jawbone's noice reduction technology works is that it reads the vibrations from your voice through your 'jawbone' (hence the name) rather than from sound waves. That is why the little white piece of plasti on the unit must touch your face.

By the way, it is at $75 today at ecost.com.
True, I guess my issue was the connection between my device and the Jawbone. I was using it with a BB 8800. I would press the answer button on the phone and say "hello". The person on the other end could not hear the first few seconds of the conversation, therefore missing the "Hello". I eventually just started pressing the answer key then waiting 2 second to say "Hello". It was annoying.

I use the phone or a wired headset now. Glad you all enjoy yours.

8300 BB - iPhone - HTC8925 - DS
Old 12-24-2007, 03:30 PM   #37
donncon
Knows Where the Search Button Is

I've also had my Jawbone for a couple of months, and love it. At first I was a bit concerned about the fit, thinking the wider earpiece would work best (with glasses). Turns out the narrower one was the best fit. I use it with the standard round earbud and it fits like a charm. The biggest catch was learning how to put it on and take it off. I have good battery life. I charge it every 3 or 4 days. As almost everyone here has said, the sound is phenomenal. Every bluetooth headset I've had had a 2 second delay before answering, I think the biggest differnce in my Jawbone is that it doesn't beep when it connects as my others did. So I also hit the answer button on the headphone, then wait a second or two until I hear background noise on the other end, then speak. Anyway, I'm another die-hard Jawbone fan.
Old 12-24-2007, 03:39 PM   #38
anthony

Carrier: Sprint

I love my Blueant Z9. Smaller than the jawbone, longer talk time, better fit, excellent noise cancellation. BUt bluetooths are very personal. Check out the bluetooth forum on Howardforums.com. Bluetooth Forum
Old 12-24-2007, 07:28 PM   #39
Sjjones
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: Sprint

[QUOTE=anthony;784483]I love my Blueant Z9. Smaller than the jawbone, longer talk time, better fit, excellent noise cancellation. BUt bluetooths are very personal. Check out the bluetooth forum on Howardforums.com. Bluetooth Forum[/QUOTE

I am the owner of a jawbone and recently got the blue ant Z9 also, it fits ME alot better and sound quality is great (its also cheaper)
Old 12-26-2007, 05:11 PM   #40
dheida
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9650
Carrier: VZW

This thing sound pretty sweet. Can anybody compare it to the Plantronics 655 or 665? Several people here at the office have and it and really like it but I might recommend this Jawbone to any new Bluetooth users.
Closed Thread