BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 10:07 PM   #21
wxjunkie

Model: 8700c

Please Login to Remove!

Is this the browser emulation setting or something else?
Old 06-15-2006, 09:53 PM   #22
paulmac
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Storm
PIN: Ask
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdjleo
Lol do you work in a call center? =P

Anyway...

Ok here is the thing. The 29.99 BIS plan is no different from the 44.99 Bis plan or BES plan you were on before as far as the features of the device, ok? Just a price break and being non-ebterprise now if you were BES before.

Whenever data features and the like are changed on an account the HTML Internet Browser is the first thing to go. It always bails at the first sign of trouble. You can 1 of 2 things to get it back:

1) Use these forums. Do a search for missing browser and you will find alot of support. I recommend this first.

2) If #1 fails call into our Customer Care. they can assist you. Numbers have been provided for direct tech support in thread above

Whats weird is I have lost my WAP ability. Meaning I cannot get my IM to work. I have gone into advance settings and verified that the TCP and APN settings are correct. When I went on tech support forum I was told that the 29.99 plan does not include WAP. Is that true? What do I do to get my WAP working again??
Old 06-15-2006, 11:14 PM   #23
Postalrecon

Model: N80

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmac
Whats weird is I have lost my WAP ability. Meaning I cannot get my IM to work. I have gone into advance settings and verified that the TCP and APN settings are correct. When I went on tech support forum I was told that the 29.99 plan does not include WAP. Is that true? What do I do to get my WAP working again??
when i activated today, i was told by the store and blackberry support that the "blackberry connect for 29.99" DOES NOT include an internet browser, just a media net browser. If you want a web browser, youll have to pay 44.99 for full internet and bb service

http://xninjax.vox.com/
Old 06-16-2006, 01:14 AM   #24
tc94040
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8800
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postalrecon
when i activated today, i was told by the store and blackberry support that the "blackberry connect for 29.99" DOES NOT include an internet browser, just a media net browser. If you want a web browser, youll have to pay 44.99 for full internet and bb service
I would call in to BB tech support and ask again. I have the 29.99 plan and DO have the Internet Browser in addition to the Cingular Browser.
Old 06-16-2006, 06:08 AM   #25
paulmac

I think you are missing my point. With the 29.99 plan I actually have all 3 browsers working. The problem I am having is I cannot get any of the WAP applications like Ramble or Yak-on to work. Nor can I get BB Today to retrieve weather or stock data. I have gone into advanced settings, TCP and verified, re-set, reverified that I have the correct APN settings for Cingular. Yet it appears that WAP is not working. When I went to Cingular Live help last night I was told that WAP\APN will not work with the $29.99 plan. Is this true? Does anyone else using the $29.99 plan have similar issues? Ready to go back to the $44.95 plan if thats the case. Or does anyone have any ideas on what I need to do to get WAP\APN working again. Thanks
Old 06-16-2006, 06:37 AM   #26
johnfromphilly
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9800
PIN: eapple and ham pizza is good
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
I think you are missing my point. With the 29.99 plan I actually have all 3 browsers working. The problem I am having is I cannot get any of the WAP applications like Ramble or Yak-on to work. Nor can I get BB Today to retrieve weather or stock data. I have gone into advanced settings, TCP and verified, re-set, reverified that I have the correct APN settings for Cingular. Yet it appears that WAP is not working. When I went to Cingular Live help last night I was told that WAP\APN will not work with the $29.99 plan. Is this true? Does anyone else using the $29.99 plan have similar issues? Ready to go back to the $44.95 plan if thats the case. Or does anyone have any ideas on what I need to do to get WAP\APN working again. Thanks

All I can tell you is that I have been told by multiple people that the service is the same- just the price has changed.

Call BB tech support @ the # listed in this thread and talk to them. I listed my bill earlier in the thread and it even lists WAP as an option with a 0.00 charge.

stop messing around with the BB on your end and call them. If the settings were correct before on the bb and you leave them alone then everything should still work provided you get BB tech support to reset your settings.

Are you on BES? you mention 3 browsers and that is a BES setup.
You should have 2 browsers; one listed as "cingular browser" the other"internet browser" ( which shows the BB logo on start up.

good luck but don't give up, I think your settings on the Cingular end are messed up just like alot of other people when they switched plans. I have $29.99 plan and everything works and has all week.
Old 06-16-2006, 09:02 AM   #27
paulmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfromphilly
All I can tell you is that I have been told by multiple people that the service is the same- just the price has changed.

Call BB tech support @ the # listed in this thread and talk to them. I listed my bill earlier in the thread and it even lists WAP as an option with a 0.00 charge.

stop messing around with the BB on your end and call them. If the settings were correct before on the bb and you leave them alone then everything should still work provided you get BB tech support to reset your settings.

You should have 2 browsers; one listed as "cingular browser" the other"internet browser" ( which shows the BB logo on start up.

good luck but don't give up, I think your settings on the Cingular end are messed up just like alot of other people when they switched plans. I have $29.99 plan and everything works and has all week.
OK, will do, will call them directly. I think I tried that yesterday too, and got someone on the line that told me that WAP would not work with the new plan. That what I was told about the Blackberry browser too, but I went on the live forum and a tech there "re-provisioned" that so thats working again, so thats why I have all three browsers working under the 29.99 plan

Got to love Cingular, different answers depending on who you talk to, and time of day. Geez!!!
Old 06-16-2006, 09:15 AM   #28
johnfromphilly
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
OK, will do, will call them directly. I think I tried that yesterday too, and got someone on the line that told me that WAP would not work with the new plan. That what I was told about the Blackberry browser too, but I went on the live forum and a tech there "re-provisioned" that so thats working again, so thats why I have all three browsers working under the 29.99 plan

Got to love Cingular, different answers depending on who you talk to, and time of day. Geez!!!
Me= confused:

You should have 2 browsers; one listed as "cingular browser" the other"internet browser" ( which shows the BB logo on start up).

BIS should only have 2 browsers, maybe one is left over, have you turned your BB off and pulled the battery recently? I am interested in the fact that you have 3 browsers....
Old 06-16-2006, 11:50 AM   #29
paulmac

Quote:
Me= confused:

You should have 2 browsers; one listed as "cingular browser" the other"internet browser" ( which shows the BB logo on start up).

BIS should only have 2 browsers, maybe one is left over, have you turned your BB off and pulled the battery recently? I am interested in the fact that you have 3 browsers....
Your confused, so am I but you are correct, I stand corrected, only two of the 3 browsers work, Cingular Browser, and Internet Browser. The BB Browser is still there, but basically just will say loading , loading. But never loads.

I called BB tech support, and they said my pin was deactivated for internet access??? So they fixed that. But it has not helped. BB Today, and Yak-on will not connect even though my TCP\APN settings are correct. They suggested I uninstall and re-install both apps. Did so, and they still do the same thing. That is BB Today will say retrieving weather and stock info, but never does, and then times out. And yes, battery has been out and in a few times.

BB Tech support said if that did not work to call them back, and they will see what else they can do. Will try that again.

I am almost tempted to wipe the device and re-install the OS and see what happens. But everything else works great, just cannot get these two apps to work
Old 06-16-2006, 11:53 AM   #30
wxjunkie

Model: 8700c

I just got an 8700c this week with Cingular and only the Internet and Cingular Browser even show up on the home menu.
Old 06-16-2006, 11:56 AM   #31
johnfromphilly
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by wxjunkie
I just got an 8700c this week with Cingular and only the Internet and Cingular Browser even show up on the home menu.

That is how it should be....

Do I hear an echo?
Old 06-16-2006, 01:09 PM   #32
ceebz

PIN: 23F2E165

The BB browser will not work on the 29.99 plan. The BB browser is used to browse corporate intranets, if you're not on a BES, no BB browser for you.

You should only have the "Media Net" and "Internet" browsers.

Old 06-16-2006, 01:13 PM   #33
johnfromphilly
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceebz
The BB browser will not work on the 29.99 plan. The BB browser is used to browse corporate intranets, if you're not on a BES, no BB browser for you.

It doesn't say "Media Net" so that can be confusing. Lets keep it simple.

2 browsers and their Icons call them:

Internet Browser
Cingular Browser

Can we stop now, I want to get off the ride....
Old 06-16-2006, 01:20 PM   #34
ceebz

Quote:
It doesn't say "Media Net" so that can be confusing. Lets keep it simple.

2 browsers and their Icons call them:

Internet Browser
Cingular Browser

Can we stop now, I want to get off the ride....
Depending on which theme you use, it will either be called "Cingular Browser" or "Media Net".

Believe me, I'm using zen on my 7130c and it's called, "Media Net".

Old 06-16-2006, 02:37 PM   #35
johnfromphilly
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Depending on which theme you use, it will either be called "Cingular Browser" or "Media Net".

Believe me, I'm using zen on my 7130c and it's called, "Media Net".

Thanks, did not know that. I use an 8700 ( this is 8700 forum so thought that it was the same names across themes) and did not know different models affected the browser names.

P.S. I told you John Welborn was a bad pickup!

Last edited by johnfromphilly; 06-16-2006 at 02:40 PM..
Old 06-16-2006, 02:46 PM   #36
EricaJ1074
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 7105t

Quote:
Originally Posted by takeshi
There are three browsers:

Internet Browser/Browser
Cingular Browser/T-Zones/etc (WAP browser)
Blackberry Browser

If you ask for the "Blackberry Browser" they will tell you it's only available with BES as that term refers to the browser that connects via BES/MDS. You want to ask for the Internet Browser which should be included with BIS.
I have only one Browser, and it shows Bookmarks (which include one for T-Zones). I'm on a BIS with T-Mobile.
Old 06-16-2006, 05:09 PM   #37
ceebz

Quote:
P.S. I told you John Welborn was a bad pickup!
That bastard. I hope either Svitek or Sampson step it up this year or the Chiefs are in trouble.

Old 06-16-2006, 09:17 PM   #38
johnfromphilly
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
http://justinmg.home.comcast.net/forums/gssad.gif That bastard. I hope either Svitek or Sampson step it up this year or the Chiefs are in trouble.
No one should badmouth Andy Reid like that, it is all about Karma....

My Home page:
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/default.jsp

Only showing Phils Avatar because it is still June. Season Ticket holder for 3 generations....Section 137 row 7. Fly Eagles Fly...Love Vermiel!
Old 06-16-2006, 11:40 PM   #39
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
PIN: Agaboobie

Quote:

Internet Browser and BB Browser should have the same functionality except one goes to the big I through the carrier and the other through corporate servers.
Old 06-17-2006, 12:34 AM   #40
CyberJack
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
Carrier: ATT Wireless

OK..after several hours of hassle with Cingular Tech Support and absolute ignorance on so many basic issues, I demanded to speak to RIM directly. I was on the phone with a courteous RIM tech for about and hour. He recommended Strongly that we Wipe the handheld because there were "left over" service books from when I was connectd to BES. Never was it said that it would not work otherwise but he made this recommendation based on a number of different issue that have caused problems. But he said that the Blackberry Browser absolutely WILL NOT work with the new BIS 2.0 and when I queried him further he got a supervisor who reiterated again that the Blackberry Browser is MDS only. After a further effort reconfiguring PocketDay and various options on the BB which I have just concluded everything is working just fine. But save yourself the hassle I went through based on errant information regarding the Blackberry browser. I does not work under BIS 2.0. Have a great weekend......
Closed Thread