BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 09:41 AM   #1
udog79

Model: 8700V
Default I really need help!

Please Login to Remove!

Hi,

I really hope someone can help me with this. I work for a company and my boss has recently bought a blackberry. I have tried every which way I can to get our company email up and running on it and it won't work. Our web & email host have now informed me that they do not support balckberrys. I would really appreciate it if someone could recommend a good email & webhost that does support blackberry (Preferably one based in the UK). I also need to transfer all the business emails etc over to a new host. My boss is going away on business in a couple of days, and I do not claim to be technically minded but I am expected to sort this out and have trawled the internet for answers and can't find one.

Would appreciate a quick responce.

Thank you.
Old 09-26-2006, 10:24 AM   #2
Pizzle
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 8310
PIN: T + PINT = QUART
Carrier: at&t

Not quite sure what you're asking, but I think your company will need a Blackberry Enterprise Server and be running either Microsoft Exchange or Lotus Notes.

Or, log into your boss's Blackberry BIS (dependent on carrier) and try to create his account there.
Old 09-26-2006, 10:41 AM   #3
udog79

Model: 8700V

Hi,

Sorry if I wasn't clear (I'm not very good at all this stuff) I created an account on the BIS, but it is still not working. We have a company email package and web package set up with a independant Host company and they have told me that I cannot set up my companies email on a blackberry. I therefore need to transfer to host that does support it, or if someone can tell me a way to get round this problem.
Thanks,
Old 09-26-2006, 10:42 AM   #4
kasperapd
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

Try looking at some of the site sponsors for email hosting. They may have what you are looking for.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/blac...-com-sponsors/

Please try a Search
Old 09-26-2006, 10:43 AM   #5
Dewars
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by udog79
Hi,

Sorry if I wasn't clear (I'm not very good at all this stuff) I created an account on the BIS, but it is still not working. We have a company email package and web package set up with a independant Host company and they have told me that I cannot set up my companies email on a blackberry. I therefore need to transfer to host that does support it, or if someone can tell me a way to get round this problem.
Thanks,

Using your current email provider, just forward a copy of his emails to his Blackberry email address that you setup on the BIS.
Old 09-26-2006, 11:18 AM   #6
Hacks

Model: 8700

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewars
Using your current email provider, just forward a copy of his emails to his Blackberry email address that you setup on the BIS.
And just because the host doesn't "support" it doesn't mean it won't work.

If the server has POP, IMAP or OWA access you should be able to get it going.
Old 09-26-2006, 04:30 PM   #7
alche
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100

or switch to google/gmail hosting for company email and add it easily to your BB, all for free...

(plus you get to use the gmail interface for your work meaning you can really "search" your email)
Closed Thread