BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 04:31 PM   #1
Smits

Model: 7520
Default BES problem or Exchange 2000 problem?

Please Login to Remove!

I have an ongoing problem with one user. He just stops getting e-mails.
When this happens we can send him a pin to pin message successfully.
He has digital service NXTL.
On the BES Last fwd time stops to update while Last sent time and Contact time continues to update, he has no messages pending and his message count also stops (even though I send him several test messages from Outlook)
I have seen his Last fwd time and Last sent time have a up to a 4 hour gap.
Rebooting the BES server sometimes corrects the problem immediately but to re-boot the server for one user is not the path we want to go down. The user has heard that rebooting the server corrects his problem and now he calls when he doesn’t receive e-mails for 15 minutes.
No other users are having the same problem.
We have swapped the BB unit out for a new 7520 and triple checked the configuration and software. He is setup exactly like all of our other 50 users with the same 7520.
His account has been removed and re-added to the BES several times followed by a wireless activation.
A couple of times after removing the account we activated from the BES server with no improvement.
I am leaning towards a problem with his Exchange mailbox (Exchange 2000) but this is not my area of expertise.
With everything we have done I think we have eliminated everything but Exchange.
Did we miss something?
Any ideas would be appreciated?
Old 07-27-2006, 10:47 AM   #2
eppey
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
Carrier: Bell

When you removed and added the user did you happen to tell the server to remove all Blackberry properties from the user as well? I have found that sometimes this helps. Does the user have any filters that might stop him from getting email? Rather than rebooting the server does restarting services help any?
Old 07-27-2006, 11:20 AM   #3
edisonelectric

Model: 7250

Smits - I am having the exact same problem with a user at my company. Please let me know if were able to find a solution. Our BES is hosted by a third party that has support with RIM. I am going to request they contact RIM for a solution. If I find out anything I will post it.
Old 07-27-2006, 11:33 AM   #4
juwaack68
iPhone Convert

Model: iP5
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not

What version of BES (and SP/hotfix level) do you have, and what version of Exchange (and SP level).

I'm sure there is a way to check the Blackberry Log files (although I haven't mastered that yet), but are there any errors showing for this user in the Application Log on the BES?
Old 08-02-2006, 02:20 PM   #5
Smits

Model: 7520

Thank you for the replies and I have more to add to the problem.
When the user was removed (several times) we did remove all BB properties.
He has no filters applied.
Restarting services has not helped.
According to Exchange Admin we are on Exchange 2000 SP3
BES is at 4.0.4.6
I have looked at the files via event viewer when the problem arises.
I see many warnings, errors, and information notices in the event viewer but I do not know what some of the mean and where to start.
Below is one from the event view application log when the user was having a problem.
RequestHandler::PollForMissingApps: GetHHCodePackages failed with the error: (null).

One more thing to add to the confusion is now I had another call from a different user with the same problem I posted originally. She always has this problem in the Chicago area. Both she and the one user I am having problems with were in the Chicago area today. The original user now tells me that he thinks it happens in the Chicago area also, but he added one big curve ball to the Chicago coverage theory. A third user was in the Chicago area with them (standing right next to them) and was sending and receiving e-mails when neither of them could.
Below is the reply from my sales person.

Yes we are both in Chicago. Funny thing is we were both with xxxxx at the same place at the same time and he was getting and sending emails while xxxxx and I were not able to.

Riddle me that joker
Old 08-12-2006, 11:21 AM   #6
Jogee

Model: 7250
Carrier: Telus

Have you tried running the handheldcleaup utility fromt the BES and restarting?
Closed Thread