Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 10:02 PM   #1
zigsrig

Model: 8703e
Carrier: verizon
Default E-Mail Question on Verizon 8703e

Please Login to Remove!

Hey,

I have a question for the BB guru's out there...

I have my 2 work e-mail accounts (i have 2 very small business I use the BB for) both forwarding to my BIS e-mail so that i get the e-mails in a timley fashion (using the pop3 e-mail setup through my webpage was really slow).

The question i have is how do i determine which e-mail account my e-mails are showing as "From" when i send an e-mail out to a client?

is there a way to set it up so that i can have 2 different "From" e-mail accounts from my BB (that way i can keep the 2 different business seperate?...)

Thanks!!! I love this site!!

ZIG
Old 10-20-2006, 08:18 AM   #2
jfalkingham
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830
Carrier: Sprint

Hey Zig,

Usually when you receive an email from email address a, and reply, it will default to reply using that account (email address a), same for email address b, c, etc... When you compose a new message from the main inbox, you will have an option about the To: field that says "Send Using: ...." That is where you can specify what account. For me I have Desktop (my work email via BES), Yahoo, MSN & vzw.blackberry.net.

The other option is to go into the mail file specific inbox, these should have been added by the BIS for each account. When you compose a mail from within them, it will default to that mail address.

Hope this helps and have fun
Old 10-20-2006, 08:24 AM   #3
takeshi
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfalkingham
Usually when you receive an email from email address a, and reply, it will default to reply using that account (email address a)
Except when you're forwarding to the BIS address as the OP mentioned. If you want to retain the ability to send using different email addresses your best best is to integrate the addresses in BIS and set them to not forward mail by default. Keep the forwarding to your BIS address enabled. However it won't automatically choose the correct email address when you reply so you need to be really careful when replying and make sure to check the header each time before you send your reply.

I'm not sure how you're going to be able to tell which account each email arrived from...

Last edited by takeshi; 10-20-2006 at 08:28 AM..
Old 10-20-2006, 08:33 AM   #4
jfalkingham
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830
Carrier: Sprint

sorry, did not catch that. Yes INTEGRATE with BIS, that is your safest (and only option) to choose the reply from address.

Keep an eye on who the mail is delivered to. Open the mail, highlight the To field and select with the trackwheel. Choose "Show Address" and that will show the proper email address the mail was sent to.
Old 10-20-2006, 03:34 PM   #5
zigsrig

Model: 8703e
Carrier: verizon

Thanks for the help!
Old 10-21-2006, 01:40 AM   #6
pspiegel
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

i agree, integrate and go from there, or if you set it up through your providers website and you ahve you have an email address a mailbox for each address, then you can do what i do (EDIT: which i just realized was already said.. there is a shortcut though that I have found so I will share anyway)

which is when I use the BB-Dimension List theme, it shows all three mailboxes for the three accounts I have on the bb, all recieved emails come into each mailbox, and then when I want to compose an email, i just go into the mailbox that I want to compose from and press enter on the upper most date banner (where it separates the days that each email comes in from), this launches a new compose screen with an email starting from that mailboxes address...

there is also a way to set a default address to always compose with if you just go into messages and do this, it took me a while to figure out how to do this, but if this is something you don't have set as well, i can try and figure that out again.. hope this helps..

Last edited by pspiegel; 10-21-2006 at 01:43 AM..
Closed Thread