Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 10:07 PM   #1
davidh_333

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: at&t
Talking curve or motorola q9

Please Login to Remove!

hi, my name is david, and first off would like to say i am new to smartphone/pda/palm market. i see blackberry is in a special catagorie(my opinion) because of how much research in motion has done for blackberry(i relate RIM to TRD for toyota...Toyota Racing Development).

i am one to research before jumping into things, and after much comparing, i have consider'd the 8300(curve). there has been a dilema recently though. I have recently review'd an up and coming phone from at&t by motorola dub'd the Q9h. the differences of the phone that i can think of are wm6/RIM OS, 3g/EDGE. although i have never quite had/messed with both OS's, i know blackberry is well known for being stable, and easy UI, as compared to WM(all i here is bad things like, crashes, freezes, boots, toubleshoots, ect.).

i would like to get an opinion from you all. this will be my first pda/smartphone, and would like to nail it on the head..

i will be using the phone for mainly:
emails
texts (do that alot, but things could change since email will be avail )
internet(checking accounts, bills, news, weather, sports, ect.)
phone (yes i will still be using this device for making calls,lols)
multi media (downloading video an't to bad ;), music, pictures)

im leaning towards the curve more due to its gonna do everything i need on the list, but at the same time im faced with a wm device that will do the same and maybe more.. ?

i would like to hear from experiences from users of both wm/RIM OS, and your thoughts on the motorola q9 aswell . your opinions and thoughts are appreciated

thank you
davidh_333
Old 08-30-2007, 10:45 PM   #2
CarlosO
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: t-mobile

I am not sure what RIM & TRD share in with each other besides both being acronyms.
But I am 90% sure you will like BB there is a learning curve but all you have to do is spend a day reading the BBF and you will do pretty good
Old 08-31-2007, 04:04 AM   #3
davidh_333

isnt research in motion, a group of developers, that developed the OS for the blackberry? and continue to tweak and make it better?...

i thought thats what it was (scratches head)..and so by that i just compared it to TRD, because they due the same but with toyota automobiles...

yes from what ive read it is only confusing from the start but when you begin to read and play with it, you start to get it...kinda like mac/pc right?

is there any con's from your experience with blackberry's?
Old 08-31-2007, 04:05 AM   #4
speed4tu
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: AT&T

Another vote for the BB!
Old 08-31-2007, 04:14 AM   #5
davidh_333

here is a review i found of the motorola q9.Motorola Q9h Review (phone Arena)

here's the curves RIM BlackBerry Curve Review (phone Arena)
Old 08-31-2007, 12:08 PM   #6
Adam79
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9800
Carrier: Rogers Wireless
Default I vote for BB

I have had both, and I like the Curve much better than the Moto. I can't put my finger on an exact reason but I sold the Moto a week after I bought it... the BB track ball is far easier to navigate with, even compared to the side keys on the Moto and the screen is bigger on the BB. Also, camera on the Moto was not quite as good as the BB (none as good as the HTC Cavalier).
Old 08-31-2007, 12:28 PM   #7
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Being that this is a BB forum, I doubt that you will get many votes for the Moto Q.

Actually you are really the only one who can make the choice. One point to consider: The Q9 is Windows Mobile. Prone to random crashes and reboots. The BB is rock solid.

You should also take into consideration the cost of the data plan to go with it. The BB unlimited personal plan on ATT is $34.99 or $29.99 with a qualifying voice plan. I don't knwo the prices of the MediaNet plans, but I do know ATT will try to get you to use the $39.99 PDAConnect plan.

Last edited by Dubdub; 08-31-2007 at 12:30 PM..
Old 09-01-2007, 05:07 AM   #8
davidh_333

thanks guy's for your input! i made a decision and am going to go get the curve tomorrow i dunno if ill be able to sleep tonight,lols ...i just hope i dont regret it, like say after buying my phone, 2months down the line, that a nicer blackberry comes out...

i already have this website bookmarked....i hope to make good friends here and learn bout my blackberry and its potenials.. goodnight and talk to everyone when i have the curve in my hand to ask for anyhelp i will need
Closed Thread