BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 05:51 PM   #1
retepnikrap
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9500
Carrier: vodafone
Default Use as Ringtone option - Great NOT!

Please Login to Remove!

Hi
been playing with my thing (8800) . Playing a piece of music from the mem card and found the option to use as ringtone. Great i thought i'll give it a try, it worked fine but wanted to change back, when i went into my profiles i found it had changed all my profiles to use the music as the ringtone. I had created 3 new profiles and it was a pain going back through them all to reset them all individually back to the BB classic ringtone.

Is there a way to set all profiles with the same ringtone, if i use a piece of music again in the future its a real pain to go back through them one by one.

thanks
Old 03-15-2007, 06:11 PM   #2
bcaslis
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
Carrier: Cingular

I'm confused. You already found the solution, picking a file in the media viewer sets all the profiles to that ringtone. If you want one of the defaults, go into the media viewer, ringtones, pre-installed, and pick the one you want.

This is what you want, right?
Old 03-15-2007, 06:16 PM   #3
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

No, I read the OP as he wants to be able to CHANGE the ringtone universally across ALL profiles with a couple of keystrokes after he/she created all the extra profiles, and is now complaining about how much work it is to change the ringtone in each profile individually.
Old 03-15-2007, 06:40 PM   #4
retepnikrap
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9500
Carrier: vodafone

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders
No, I read the OP as he wants to be able to CHANGE the ringtone universally across ALL profiles with a couple of keystrokes after he/she created all the extra profiles, and is now complaining about how much work it is to change the ringtone in each profile individually.
Correct, in the media player if you select a track as a ringtone it applys it to all profiles, which is not a problem if you only use one. I use a few that were custom created for different circumstances and the music i select in media player to use as a rintone is applied to all profiles. If you want to change back and use a device ringtone you have to go through all profiles one by one to change them. Unless there is a shorter way which was the purpose of the post.

thanks
Old 03-15-2007, 07:32 PM   #5
bcaslis
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
Carrier: Cingular

Well you actually asked how to change them all "Is there a way to set all profiles with the same ringtone". And as you have discovered that is what happens.

If you only want to change them individually, you have to do it in each one as far as I can see.
Old 03-15-2007, 08:12 PM   #6
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Wirelessly posted (8700g: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Quote:
Originally Posted by retepnikrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders
Correct, in the media player if you select a track as a ringtone it applys it to all profiles, which is not a problem if you only use one. I use a few that were custom created for different circumstances and the music i select in media player to use as a rintone is applied to all profiles. If you want to change back and use a device ringtone you have to go through all profiles one by one to change them. Unless there is a shorter way which was the purpose of the post.

thanks
Ok, good to know and learn, thanks!
Closed Thread