Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon

Excellent. Let us know how it goes.
Old 11-16-2005, 09:47 AM   #3
krad
No longer Registered.

Model: 0000

Last edited by krad; 11-16-2005 at 08:12 PM..
Old 11-16-2005, 09:48 AM   #4
krad
No longer Registered.

Last edited by krad; 11-16-2005 at 08:13 PM..
Old 11-16-2005, 09:51 AM   #5
krad
No longer Registered.

Last edited by krad; 11-16-2005 at 08:13 PM..
Old 11-16-2005, 09:52 AM   #6
krad
No longer Registered.

Last edited by krad; 11-16-2005 at 08:14 PM..
Old 11-16-2005, 09:55 AM   #7
krad
No longer Registered.

My Favorite part is the nice sticker on the back that says.

"Property of Research In Motion

all rights reserved
evaluation unit
not for sale or lease"
Old 11-16-2005, 10:17 AM   #8
krad
No longer Registered.

there are animated gifs when you send an mms. There is a birthday cake with shining candles.

trying to figure out a way to get the wallpapers off the phone. anyone have any ideas? the clouds one is nice.
Old 11-16-2005, 10:19 AM   #9
krad
No longer Registered.

i cannot change the lock screen wallpaper on the 8700c.
Old 11-16-2005, 10:42 AM   #10
KonTiki
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9650
PIN: 007

Quote:
Originally Posted by krad
. . .
trying to figure out a way to get the wallpapers off the phone. anyone have any ideas? the clouds one is nice.
I would e-mail myself a picture and save it then go to the pictures, and select it as either the wallpaper or the standy screen as you want or need. BTW you can also delete from the pictures, select the one you want to delete, press the scroll wheel and choose delete.

Running OS 6.0.0.524
Old 11-16-2005, 10:57 AM   #11
krad
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonTiki
I would e-mail myself a picture and save it then go to the pictures, and select it as either the wallpaper or the standy screen as you want or need. BTW you can also delete from the pictures, select the one you want to delete, press the scroll wheel and choose delete.

Seriously... Do you read? this is like the fifth thread where you totally do not answer a question.

I want to get the wallpapers that come standard off the phone onto my pc so i can share them with you guys. I know how to add and delete wallpapers.

btw, you cannot change the standby screen wallpaper... check out my post above.
Old 11-16-2005, 10:58 AM   #12
krad
No longer Registered.

i have tried mms the wallpapers but it will not give me the option to go to the wallpaper section.
Old 11-16-2005, 11:43 AM   #13
Quantum

Model: 8830
Default How about overall quality?

What are your impressions with the overall quality of the unit and the scroll wheel in particular?

Previous posters have noted that the scroll wheel feels flimsy. Hopefully, that is just an issue pertaining to "sample run" production and not full production units.

Additionally, how about the sturdiness of the overall unit. The brushed aluminum might be nice, but not if it looks like it will start peeling away the way some pieces have a tendency to do.

Thanks for the thoughts.
Old 11-16-2005, 11:56 AM   #14
KonTiki

Model: 9650
PIN: 007

Thats fine krad, I can read just fine and I do try to help, however the problem here is that you are a smart @$$ that cant properly word his question:"Originally Posted by krad
. . .
trying to figure out a way to get the wallpapers off the phone. anyone have any ideas? the clouds one is nice."

Now if what you meant was to say how can I retrieve the wallpaper for posting here to share, it would have been much clearer.

Do not worry I will not answer any more of your questions being that I never seem to answer them properly as of now I have added you to the ignore list so I wont see any more of them to answer. Go back to your new toy and play.

Running OS 6.0.0.524
Old 11-16-2005, 12:28 PM   #15
blkberryboy

Model: Repl.
Carrier: Cingular/ATT

Im really intrested to know how much the phone part has improved. I was happy with the 7290 except fro the phone part. It was adequate but never really awsome.
Old 11-16-2005, 12:44 PM   #16
dtmfjunkie

Model: BOLD
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by krad
I have been asked to review the 8700c blackberry. It is coming to me today via ups. I will be reviewing the device for a technology magazine.

I plan on testing the device with everything. That includes trying to get a bluetooth link with my bluetooth gps, so on and so forth.

Is there any questions people have about the device that they would like answered in a review or in this thread?
One word...jealous.

I've hit up my sales rep at Rogers...there's tons of people at Rogers who are walking around with them..
Old 11-16-2005, 01:05 PM   #17
jontalotta

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkberryboy
Im really intrested to know how much the phone part has improved. I was happy with the 7290 except fro the phone part. It was adequate but never really awsome.
Ditto, from a current 7100g user. Would like to know how well both regular phone and speakerphone work in terms of clarity, loudness, and noise cancelation.

JT
Old 11-16-2005, 01:17 PM   #18
besadmin23

Model: Bold
Carrier: AT&T

Krad, I would say you were a little tough on KonTiki as I kind of wondered the same thing he did, but I would also say: KonTiki, please come back, Krad was obviously a little light-headed by the fact that he has one and we don't. Can't we just all get along. Seriously, both of your comments make this forum a better place. Come on back KonTiki!!!!!
Old 11-16-2005, 01:54 PM   #19
test
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: Cingular

Have you tried to pair with an auto's system yet? get the address book?

Have you tried to use it as a modem yet? if you can, i saw people assuming that this wouldn't be available.
Old 11-16-2005, 02:32 PM   #20
krad
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum
What are your impressions with the overall quality of the unit and the scroll wheel in particular?

Previous posters have noted that the scroll wheel feels flimsy. Hopefully, that is just an issue pertaining to "sample run" production and not full production units.

Additionally, how about the sturdiness of the overall unit. The brushed aluminum might be nice, but not if it looks like it will start peeling away the way some pieces have a tendency to do.

Thanks for the thoughts.
Hands down, this is the best constructed blackberry i have ever seen. It makes my 7100t feel and look like a pos.

The jog wheel is very slightly less stiff as my 7100t.

The keys are the best i have seen. However they are so close togiether i find myself sometimes hitting the wrong one.

the biggest key problem and maybe it is with the one i have,

the alt key is right next to the 7 key. If you want to type a number you have to hit the alt key and the number, they are very very close togiether and this is hard to type.

What is weird is that on the bottom left i have a NUM key with an arrow pointing up, but this is actually shift key... I also have the caps key on the right which I have not used yet.

More on the keys-

You can make any number key on the device a speed dial key. Very nice!

What kills me though, is that the dial pad buttons are very hard to type when you want to dial a number. Dialing a number on this device then the 7100t is torture. it is much easier to type a phone number on the 7100.

---Screen--

It is great, a higher resoltuion.

However, it is retarded. I have brightness set to 100%, when i pick up the device and type and use it, it is bright but after 10 seconds it dims halfway, while i am typing. Then if i hit the power button, it brightens up twice as much as 100%.

So there is three brightness settings.
1. Dark
2. Normal
3. Super Bright - Flashlight bright

while this is all going on, the device changes brightness alot, i just remembered it is suppose to do that on its own. it is quite annoying.

The color of the device is a a greyish, blueish, purpishly color. It by no means is metal in anyway. It is plastic. Not only that, but the ear part of the phone has three dot holes. that circle around the holes is just part of the paper of the cingular graphic. that would be the cheapest looking part of the phone.

Speakerphone and Bluetooth

I can confirm that there are no bluetooth issues with this phone, it is 100% loud and super clear. I hear no buzzing in my jabra bt800.

The speakerphone is also better then the 7100.

If the keys were a little more spaced out, this would be a perfect blackberry in my mind, (wish it had wifi).

Edge is so freaking fast!

If i do not get to keep this one, i will be going over to cingular and buying it with a contract, i don't think i can go back to my 7100.
Closed Thread