Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 12:04 PM   #1
Jalapino

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Cingular
Default 8830 VZW Calendar Sync issues

Please Login to Remove!

I feel like an idiot, I have read the Calendar patch page like 50 times, and have followed the instructions. I am still having issues getting items on in Outlook to sync to the BB, and vice-versa. At some point my user had entered a ton of calendar items on the blackberry even though the they weren't syncing correctly, but now there are some things in Outlook not on the BB, and stuff on the BB that is not in Outlook, and some stuff that appear to have been wiped out all together.

She is running a Verizon 8830 using BIS, and syncing calendar, contacts, tasks, and memo's via the desktop software. I loaded the calendar patch, and it shows it as an application on the BB. She is running device version4.2.2.66, and is running blackberry desktop manager version 4.2.2.14.

The only things on the Calendar patch page I have not done are the work arounds below. I also saw another page on the BB site that said something about deleting the CICAL service book(s) from the BB, but I can't find it again.

Any suggestions on how to clear this mess up, and do you think that the items that aren't on either are totally gone? I probably already know that answer, but thought I would ask anyway.

Workaround
Clear and restore the Calendar database on the BlackBerry smartphone by completing the following steps:

Using the BlackBerry Desktop Manager, backup the BlackBerry smartphone Calendar database. For instructions, see KB11297.

Clear the BlackBerry smartphone Calendar database using the BlackBerry Desktop Manager. For instructions, see KB05340.

Send the BlackBerry Internet Service service books to the BlackBerry smartphone. For instructions, see KB02830.

Restore the Calendar data to the BlackBerry smartphone. For instructions, see KB10339. This will place all of the Calendar appointments in the BlackBerry Internet Service CICAL calendar, which will be synchronized.

I am also getting a ton of these in the sync log. Not sure if they mean anything or not.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
On 7/28/2007 6:52 PM
Synchronize Handheld Calendar with Microsoft Outlook Calendar

First System: Handheld
Second System: Microsoft Outlook
Conflict Resolution: Notify
Appointment Range: From 7/28/2007 To 12/31/2400

Input From First System:

Total Inputs From First System: 0

Input From Second System:

READ "<Unspecified>"
READ "<Unspecified>"