Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 10:35 AM   #1
MagmicGames
Platinum Sponsors

Model: 8700r
Carrier: Lots
Default Golden TeeŽ Golf Mobile Edge - Brought to you by Bplay

Please Login to Remove!

All the fun of the world's most successful on-premise video game can now be found on your mobile phone.

Download here!
http://www.bplay.com/dl/GoldenTeeGolfMobile

Golden TeeŽ Golf, the most played coin-operated video game franchise in U.S. history, returns to mobile with Golden TeeŽ Golf Mobile Edge. Enhanced gameplay is the star! Use the new quick-play controls to curve the ball around hills, add backspin on greens and get roll for extra distance on the fairways. Like the coin-op game, the ball truly reacts to the terrain by rolling down steep slopes and bouncing off rock ledges, creating strategic decisions never-before-seen in a mobile golf game.

Golden TeeŽ Golf Mobile Edge features 4 all-new challenging golf courses, quick-play putting and driving games, golfer customization and Golden TeeŽ Moments of the Game replays of your greatest shots! You can also connect to the Golden TeeŽ coin-op world and check your stats, see contest history and even locate a coin-op machine in your area - all at the click of a button!

The Golden TeeŽ brand and community
Over 100,000 coin-op machines reach 10+ million loyal users who've played the game over a billion times.
- Fiercely loyal: Over 500,000 coin-op players are registered Golden TeeŽ players with online statistics and tournaments.
- Industry FIRST: connected link to a coin-op game! Players can retrieve their stats from coin-op play, get contest history and locate a machine in their area.

Many enhancements and features have been added to give the game depth and a closer experience to the licensed coin-operated game.

- 4 all-new challenging golf courses adapted from the coin-op game. Play each as an 18-hole game, 9-hole game, 3-hole game or individual practice holes.
- Single golfer or two golfer modes
- Quick-play Putting Edge and Driving Edge games
- Customizable golfers
- Complete statistics record keeping
- Golden TeeŽ Moments of the Game replays
- Daily and All-Time networked leader boards
- Skill level is rated with difficulty auto-adjusted to appropriate starting tees

Bplay and Magmic offer this game for $8.99 USD.

You can download the game from this link, either from your mobile browser or from your personal computer:

http://www.bplay.com/dl/GoldenTeeGolfMobile

Enjoy!
Old 08-21-2007, 02:05 PM   #2
Semi5
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7100T
Carrier: tmobile

No demo?
Old 08-21-2007, 07:49 PM   #3
yunone
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8310
Carrier: ATT

i have never bought a car i didnt test drive first
Old 08-23-2007, 10:57 AM   #4
MagmicGames
Platinum Sponsors

Semi5:

No, there is no trial period for Golden TeeŽ Golf Mobile Edge.

yunone:

Surely you've felt curious and ordered a new type of Food or Drink without requesting a tiny portion to try beforehand.

Golden TeeŽ Golf is a very popular and famous brand. It's the golf game with the roller ball that you spin with your hand at the local sports bar. If you know the brand, you know what you're purchasing.

It's our top selling game since it came out last Thursday, even beating Texas Hold'em King 2 in sales.
Old 08-23-2007, 11:50 AM   #5
someonexh
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Might have an even better turn out if you were to offer a few day trial.. I don't think I will ever buy a game unless I know I am going to play it and enjoy it I love your Chess game.. amazing.
Old 08-23-2007, 02:24 PM   #6
Semi5
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagmicGames View Post
Semi5:

yunone:

Surely you've felt curious and ordered a new type of Food or Drink without requesting a tiny portion to try beforehand.

Golden TeeŽ Golf is a very popular and famous brand. It's the golf game with the roller ball that you spin with your hand at the local sports bar. If you know the brand, you know what you're purchasing.

It's our top selling game since it came out last Thursday, even beating Texas Hold'em King 2 in sales.
I would be very interested in purchasing this game, I played it to death in college. I'm assuming it uses the trackball to mimic the roller ball. That makes me a little worried since the trackball on my pearl doesn't have much spin to it. This is why I would love to try it out first. Even if it was just one hole.
Old 08-23-2007, 03:00 PM   #7
MagmicGames
Platinum Sponsors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semi5 View Post
I would be very interested in purchasing this game, I played it to death in college. I'm assuming it uses the trackball to mimic the roller ball. That makes me a little worried since the trackball on my pearl doesn't have much spin to it. This is why I would love to try it out first. Even if it was just one hole.

Hey Semi5,

The Mobile version of Golden TeeŽ Golf does not mimic the trackball action, unfortunately.

You click the trackball once to start the backswing, and click it again to pick how powerful your swing will be. It's very similar to Pro Golf Paradise as well as most Flash Golf Games you can find on the internet.
Old 08-23-2007, 03:25 PM   #8
gibber9583
CrackBerry Addict

PIN: ?
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Hey Semi5,

The Mobile version of Golden TeeŽ Golf does not mimic the trackball action, unfortunately.

You click the trackball once to start the backswing, and click it again to pick how powerful your swing will be. It's very similar to Pro Golf Paradise as well as most Flash Golf Games you can find on the internet.
This is exactly why you need a trial. When people think of golden tee, they think of the arcade version of it with the ball. I guarantee you numerous people will purchase this thinking the trackball is going to function as the swing.
Old 08-23-2007, 03:25 PM   #9
jubrand

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Semi5:

yunone:

True, but WPT was a famous brand too, and there was no trial period. I bought it, and it stunk. THK2 is MILES better.
Old 08-23-2007, 03:46 PM   #10
Semi5
Thumbs Must Hurt

In addition, I'm looking at the website now, and the Call of Duty game looks like a lot of fun. However, without any type of demo, I really can't get a good grasp on game play.
Old 08-25-2007, 09:16 AM   #11
redsoxnation

Model: 9650
Carrier: SPRINT
Thumbs down

This Game is horrible. There is no power meter just a very small box at the bottom with % of power that you can hardly see. It takes at LEAST 15 to 20 seconds to load after each hit. I want my money back
Old 08-25-2007, 12:18 PM   #12
Spamdumpster
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8820
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsoxnation View Post
This Game is horrible. There is no power meter just a very small box at the bottom with % of power that you can hardly see. It takes at LEAST 15 to 20 seconds to load after each hit. I want my money back
I agree 100 percent. The load time after every shot makes the game unplayable. Did you try to request a refund? It's just $9, but the game is so bad, I'd love to get my money back.
Old 08-25-2007, 02:24 PM   #13
redsoxnation

I just sent an email requesting a full refund. I have bought other games from them befor and was happy but this game is a joke for the blackberry. It reminds me of the early 90's when you would wait to load a page on the internet. LOADING....LOADING....LOADING
Old 08-26-2007, 03:05 AM   #14
Lowrider

Model: 8100
Carrier: CBW

Quote:
Originally Posted by yunone View Post
i have never bought a car i didnt test drive first
Yeah, that's pretty cheap, isn't it? I won't EVER BUY anything any more b4 I try it. I have bought "suck" software b4.
Old 08-26-2007, 07:51 AM   #15
redsoxnation

Magmic has always had great custumer service. We will see what happens.

Last edited by redsoxnation; 08-26-2007 at 07:52 AM.. Reason: spelling
Old 08-27-2007, 09:08 AM   #16
MagmicGames
Platinum Sponsors

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsoxnation View Post
Hey,

You have the BlackBerry 8703e, right? (I'm assuming, from your Signature)

Of the supported devices that we offer Golden Tee Golf Mobile Edge on, the 8703e, 7130e, and 8707v devices are the "slowest" on the list.

Please email [email address] for a more personal support request.

Thanks!

Last edited by MagmicGames; 08-27-2007 at 09:12 AM..
Old 08-27-2007, 04:03 PM   #17
redsoxnation

Quote:
Hey,

You have the BlackBerry 8703e, right? (I'm assuming, from your Signature)

Of the supported devices that we offer Golden Tee Golf Mobile Edge on, the 8703e, 7130e, and 8707v devices are the "slowest" on the list.

Please email [email address] for a more personal support request.

Thanks!
You might have mentioned that befor we bought the game. Why would it matter what 8700 series the game was loaded on. I got an email from Magmic this morning. I will keep the forums updated to whether or not I get a refund.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:45 PM   #18
Spamdumpster
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8820
Carrier: at&t

I emailed them asking for a refund as well. We'll see what happens.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:17 PM   #19
gibber9583
CrackBerry Addict

PIN: ?
Carrier: AT&T

I love how MagmicGames conveniently ignores some of our questions/comments
Old 08-27-2007, 10:47 PM   #20
KESTDAWG
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830
PIN: 32c4a11e
Carrier: sprint

Are there any good games out there that we can get for free?? feel free to pin me with any info.
Closed Thread