Old 12-18-2007, 09:02 PM   #1
TroyDBrown
No longer Registered.

Model: 9530
PIN: G Pong Champ
Carrier: T-Mobile U.S.
Default bPlay, Issue with Purchase and No Response

Please Login to Remove!

Does anyone have any idea how to get a hold of anyone at bPlay. I made a purchse last week that does not work correctly. I made a request through the website for support and have also sent 3 additional emails directly to them with no reply. As of right now I am planing on just contacting my bank and reversing the charges.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. If they do contact me I will update my post, ASAP. I am just surprised at the lack of response.

If anyone from bPay happens to run across this my website assigned case number is:241196

Thank you
Old 12-19-2007, 09:37 PM   #2
TroyDBrown
No longer Registered.

Still no reply from bPlay. I sent them emails to a few other addresses today.
Old 12-20-2007, 05:48 PM   #3
six attack
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

I know what you're going through.

I'm still waiting to hear back from them for a refund for the horrible Monopoly game that I wasted my money on.

Their customer service is sub-par.
Old 12-20-2007, 06:45 PM   #4
TroyDBrown
No longer Registered.

Here is my update. After doing a WhoIS lookup to get a phone number I spoke to support. It seems they have had some turn over in support and have a major backlog.

They offered me, for what my issue was, substantial compensation in the form of free product. I am waiting for it to actually be delivered and will post when this has all been completed.
Old 12-20-2007, 07:17 PM   #5
dietcoke
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: dCoke
Carrier: o2

I know many folks over at bplay/magmic. I will send them this thread... no worries
Old 12-21-2007, 01:55 AM   #6
bjchantry

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by dietcoke View Post
I know many folks over at bplay/magmic. I will send them this thread... no worries
Great because I also logged a ticket with them. I bought the WinDesktop theme but it is useless because when the handheld locks it doesn't display the owner information. Kind of useless if someone finds the handheld and wants to return it, that's the idea of the Owner Information field as far as I know.

I also bought the MacBerry theme and it doesn't display whether you have data service or not, i.e. CAPS GPRS or EDGE and also doesn't display the alarm clock icon when it is turned on so you have to go into the alarm app to see if the alarm is actually on or off. I have been trying to contact them since the 16th of Dec.
Old 12-21-2007, 07:11 AM   #7
dietcoke

Model: dCoke
Carrier: o2

I have notified them of this thread. I believe they will pm or contact you shortly.
Old 12-21-2007, 04:06 PM   #8
MagmicGames
Platinum Sponsors

Model: 8700r
Carrier: Lots

Hello all,
Just a note to say that all support issues are very important to us. At times, Bplay and Magmic Games experience very high service volume. Currently we are working through our support backlog as quickly as we can and we apologize for lengthy turnaround times.
We are working hard to improve our customer support. Please bear with us, and know that if you have a case number you will be contacted.
-Magmic Games
Old 12-22-2007, 01:29 AM   #9
TroyDBrown
No longer Registered.

bPlay / Magmic as of today has resolved all of my issues and went out of thier way to make sure I was happy. Thank you
Old 12-22-2007, 02:46 AM   #10
bjchantry

Quote:
Originally Posted by troydbrown View Post
bPlay / Magmic as of today has resolved all of my issues and went out of thier way to make sure I was happy. Thank you
Glad to hear it worked out for you, as of yet no communication from them but I will continue to wait, thanks.

Last edited by bjchantry; 01-04-2008 at 12:13 AM..
Old 01-04-2008, 12:14 AM   #11
bjchantry

Thumbs down Magmic Customer Service is Shocking

Update: Well it is now January 4th, almost 3 weeks after my email to them and still no communication, I think this is absolutely shocking!! DietCoke, any ideas or contact details I can use? Thanks
Old 01-13-2008, 01:07 PM   #12
bjchantry

Default Another 10 days has passed

And still nothing from Magmic/Bplay, I think BBForums should reconsider them as a platinum sponsor based on their shocking customer service and support.!!!
Old 01-13-2008, 10:39 PM   #13
jonnn21
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Us Cellular

Yeah well I sent a request to Magmic and havent heard a thing back. I purchased the Curling game. I then promptly lost the phone. I wanted to see if I could get a new code to install it on my new phone.
Old 01-14-2008, 07:45 PM   #14
chris9999

Model: 8800
Carrier: Rogers
Default Poor/nonexistent support from BPlay (theme doesn't work on 8800)

I purchased a theme from BPlay for my Rogers 8800. It didn't install. I checked their FAQs and researched... tried everything I could find but no luck. I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling but the OTA download links provided with my original purchase have expired.

I contacted their technical support on Dec 19 and, almost four weeks later, no response. Buyer beware.

Last edited by chris9999; 01-14-2008 at 10:58 PM..
Old 01-15-2008, 02:08 PM   #15
wolfpack1825

Carrier: TELUS
Angry Bplay Support horrible (Case 294623)

I too have had very poor service from Magmic/Bplay.

My blackberry 8830 bricked three times and I am now on my third one in less than six months. (screens go white or no screen at all)

I have purchased about 100 dollars worth of stuff from Magmic/Bplay. All I want to do is get the programs reactivated and I have been waiting for over a month. I get the same support person Phea Duch even when I submit a brand new case. What I also find baffling is when I ask for a list of the programs I purchased they don't have a clue, or never reply.

The first time my phone bricked he assisted me very quickly, but now its like 3 strikes you are out. The policy of having your software licenses revoked after 3 times is also BS. I bet that would not stand up in court, or put them out of business.

Very very frustrated and I doubt I will make any more purchases from them. If anyone from bplay is reading this post you can see you have customer service problems and you might want to hire a few more staff.

Last edited by wolfpack1825; 01-15-2008 at 02:12 PM..
Old 01-18-2008, 02:55 PM   #16
wolfpack1825

Carrier: TELUS
Cool Bplay support

FYI, would have been nice if they said that in the beginning

Thank you for contacting Bplay, operated by Magmic Games. This response serves as confirmation that we have received your Customer Service inquiry.

CURRENT SUPPORT WAIT TIMES: VERY HIGH

Magmic and Bplay.com are currently experiencing very high service volume. At the current rate, wait times for response may approach 10-14 days. While we will endeavor to address your support issue(s) as quickly as possible, we want to provide you a realistic expectation based on our current queue status.

Please know that your support issue is important to us. Please refrain from re-submitting multiple service inquiries, as doing so will only cause your inquiry to fall further back in the queue.

IMPORTANT NOTE REGARDING PIN NUMBERS: Your BlackBerry PIN number is REQUIRED for most support issues. If you have not already provided your BlackBerry PIN number to us, please provide it as soon as possible, which you can do by replying to this e-mail using your BlackBerry and typing "mypin" followed by a space in the body of the e-mail. This will add your PIN to your support ticket and result in faster service. You can find your BlackBerry PIN by going to SETTINGS, then OPTIONS, then STATUS. Your BlackBerry PIN is a unique 8 character long hexadecimal number, with the digits 0 through 9 and A through F, like this: <a href="http://www">PIN:<a href="http://magmic.com/admin/showcodes.php?PIN=23FB90A5" target="_blank">23FB90A5</a></a>

If you have not already visited our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) section for solutions to common problems, we encourage you to do so. The FAQ section is located here:

Bplay : BlackBerry Games

Again, we will endeavor to address your inquiry as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,
Magmic Games/Bplay.com Support Team
[email address]
Old 01-18-2008, 08:38 PM   #17
fkjr2
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9550
Carrier: ATT

same here - funny thing is I got a spam promotional email from them before I got a service email response back! Go figure- bought a theme but its not displaying correctly.
Old 01-19-2008, 12:26 AM   #18
six attack
Knows Where the Search Button Is

No response acknowledging my initial email to Bplay. I shouldn't have to wait for more than 4 weeks.

They are officially blacklisted in my book. They will never receive another cent from me.
Old 01-19-2008, 09:14 AM   #19
bjchantry

Default Me too

Quote:
Originally Posted by six attack View Post

No response acknowledging my initial email to Bplay. I shouldn't have to wait for more than 4 weeks.

They are officially blacklisted in my book. They will never receive another cent from me.
I am at 6 weeks, they have time to make new political themes and fill my inbox with offers for me to buy it but no time to respond to my customer service issue to fix their themes I have already bought that don't work. I will say it again, I really think BBForums should reconsider them as a Platinum sponsor or whatever they are, they are clearly not supporting their customers.
Old 01-21-2008, 10:56 PM   #20
hvacr

Model: 9700
Carrier: Rogers

I purchased 3 themes from the in Nov. 2007. I went to download the themes again today, and I get a purchase code has expired error. I sent of an email and got a reply saying their support is very back logged. I should expect a reply in 10 to 14 days. Thats insane, how can they be back logged so badly. Is their product that bad? No were did it say my link for the themes would expire also.

WOW

5 minutes after posting this I had a new link to my themes.

Last edited by hvacr; 01-21-2008 at 11:08 PM..
Closed Thread