Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2005, 09:12 AM   #1
BBAdmin
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: .
Carrier: .
Thumbs down Texas Hold 'em King 2

Please Login to Remove!

I'm an avid poker player and used the first version of Texas Hold 'em which I loved. I upgraded to the newer version about a month ago and for the last few days I've been thinking about chucking up a post about it - the fact it crashed my 7100 about a minute ago was the straw that broke the camels back, hense the post!!!!

While the new version is graphically a bit more flush than the old one, plus the enhanced play features which are great, I'm a little disappointed I have to say. I don't like that I have to build up cash to play the world series games, it crashes my BlackBerry on exit around 4 out of every 10 times and it's just not as playable as the old version. The computer players rarely go for the bait, yet constantly raise themselves. I just don't think they've got this version quite right and it's lost a bit of its balance. What does everyone else think?

Old 08-22-2005, 03:48 PM   #2
WNO
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8100
Carrier: TMO

Well, like most people, I thought the AI on the original version was a little poor. The new AI is more realistic, but at times it strikes me as a little fishy, as if certain AI players are a bit TOO lucky. Could just be sour grapes on my part, but I would probably move tables if I ran across some of these guys in Vegas.

In terms of game play, I thought it was probably a bit improved over the original version, and I didn't experience any crashes on my 7100.
Old 08-22-2005, 04:10 PM   #3
asalmon

Model: 7100G
Default Showing Your Blackberry screen and keyboard on your notebook screen.

There is a product called PDA Reach which uses lets you connect your TREO to your notebook and then see you TREO screen and keyboard on your notebook screen. This is a great training tool. Has anyone every heard of a similar product for a Blackberry 7100?
Old 08-22-2005, 07:22 PM   #4
criswick

Model: 8520
Carrier: Rogers

Try upgrading to the most current version which is now 2.1.3 (as of August 22).

We defiantely appreciate your input and comments. Pretty much all feedback we get from BlackBerry Forums and sent to [email address] gets incorportaed in future versions, and your $6.95 purchase of THK 1 goes a long way including free upgrade to THK 2 and all versions thereafter plus the ability to switch up devices.
Old 08-23-2005, 07:36 AM   #5
BBAdmin

Thanks for everyones feedback. With the new version I take it the demo on the magmic website always has the most recent release so it should just be a case of installing the latest demo version and then adding my licence number to it???

Old 08-23-2005, 03:55 PM   #6
MagmicGames
Platinum Sponsors

Model: 8700r
Carrier: Lots

If you already have a license version of THK2 installed on your device you shouldn't need to re-enter your activation code. It will automatically see that you have a license version.
Old 08-25-2005, 08:06 AM   #7
BBAdmin

Turns out I was running the most recent version. WNO hit the nail on the head - "it's as if certain AI players are a bit TOO lucky" - I do feel that the AI is quite a bit off, and reduces the playability and reality of the game. Maybe a trip to Handango to scout out other versions is called for.

Closed Thread