Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 03:21 AM   #1
philbogle
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700g
Carrier: T-mobile
Cool Beyond411 developments

Please Login to Remove!

I've been quiet for a little while with releases of Beyond411, not for lack of activity but because significant developments are happening behind the scenes.

I will soon be spending a lot more time on Beyond411 and on something bigger that Beyond411 will become a part of. Stay tuned for further details!

If you have wishes for Beyond411 or mobile software in general, please pass them on to me; the best suggestions come from passionate users.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:12 AM   #2
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Great news Phil.

There is another thread here about the flight plugin not working the same as in the past. It takes us to a scrambled screen for the provider but always for the next days flights, never the current.

Also, on BBToday (you didn't ask, but) the stock ticker plugin has not worked for some while, only returns odd characters. Another thread about that around here also.

Thanks for your work.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:27 AM   #3
nmadd
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile

Can't wait to see what the new developments are. I bet they are going to be great! Thank you very much for the great program!
Old 10-01-2007, 09:30 AM   #4
jeremyckitching
BlackBerry B Boy

Model: 9700
PIN: 215BE1F8
Carrier: T-Mobile U.S.A.

Eager to see the new developments. This truly is an indispensible application.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:42 AM   #5
DallasFlier
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800
PIN: OT NOIR
Carrier: AT&T/Cingular/AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by philbogle View Post
If you have wishes for Beyond411 or mobile software in general, please pass them on to me; the best suggestions come from passionate users.
Phil, thanks again for all the work you've put into this, and continue to put into it. Definitely indispensable on my BlackBerry!

When I look up a restaurant or other business, it would be great if there were an easy way to click on the displayed address in the results, and put the address directly into the GPS app (Telenav for me) so that I could then get to the place easily. Ideal would be a link to get it directly into Telenav, but even a way to click and "copy" the whole street address so I could go paste it would be helpful.
Old 10-01-2007, 01:21 PM   #6
BryanHarig

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

I second this. A way to open the map in a stand alone program (google maps, telenav) would be more useful then the yahoo map that is embedded in the result information.

When adding the address information to my addressbook the program freqently leaves out zip codes and otherwise only partially enters the address.

Otherwise my only complaint with beyond411 is the awkward method of adding plugins.

It is a great program and I use it every day. Thanks!
Old 10-01-2007, 04:35 PM   #7
philbogle
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default Flight plugin fixed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
Great news Phil.

There is another thread here about the flight plugin not working the same as in the past. It takes us to a scrambled screen for the provider but always for the next days flights, never the current.

Also, on BBToday (you didn't ask, but) the stock ticker plugin has not worked for some while, only returns odd characters. Another thread about that around here also.

Thanks for your work.
Thanks for the reminder, the flight plugin is now fixed and once again includes the graphical map of the flight status.

(I didn't write BBToday, so I can't help. That's assuming I understand your question correctly.)
Old 10-01-2007, 05:02 PM   #8
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by philbogle View Post
Thanks for the reminder, the flight plugin is now fixed and once again includes the graphical map of the flight status.

(I didn't write BBToday, so I can't help. That's assuming I understand your question correctly.)
THANK YOU.

I did assume BBToday was yours.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:04 PM   #9
jmwking
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9550

I'd posted this a while ago. Sorry for the repeat, but you asked!

When I do the classic pizza search near my home, I get five pages of pizza shops, some out of state even, before the nearby shops show up. OK, so I live in MD near DC, but three of the top four listings are for pizza shops in VA, and the first page of results only have two that are even in MD. It seems to go through listings with "stars" before it'll settle down on really local listings. I have to go through four pages of seemingly randomized listings - all starred - before I get to the nearby pizza joints.

If I search on "gas station", I get listings for stations - some with stars, some without - all 2 to 10 miles away. There are at least 5 within 2 miles of me.

If I search on "movie theater", the second listing is 20 miles away. I have five multiplexes within five miles of my home address.

Is there any way to get it to just do a search sorted by distance, or limited by distance? I'm pretty sure it used to work more like that. There doesn't appear to be a setting to help.

I'm using the latest version, and have the street address, city, st in the address field rather than zip code.

I adore this software, and this is the only meaningful issue I have with it in everyday use.

-jk
Old 10-09-2007, 11:51 PM   #10
ggbal

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

I was never able to login to to beyond411 web site. I registered as a user and was never able to use the username/password to login. And I clicked "Forgot my password" link your login page. This time I did get the email which pointed to a link to reset. I went there, typed password and confirmed password, click reset. I got this:
Password could not be changed at this time. Please retry: undefined method `change_password' for nil:NilClass

I tried multiple times and it never worked. Any idea?
Old 10-10-2007, 01:34 PM   #11
philbogle
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggbal View Post
I was never able to login to to beyond411 web site. I registered as a user and was never able to use the username/password to login. And I clicked "Forgot my password" link your login page. This time I did get the email which pointed to a link to reset. I went there, typed password and confirmed password, click reset. I got this:
Password could not be changed at this time. Please retry: undefined method `change_password' for nil:NilClass

Working on a fix for that.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:43 PM   #12
jorgeledesmadds
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
PIN: 2440be7c
Carrier: Tmobile

I'd like better support for GPS especially on the new Berries, 8800, 8300, and now the 8100's series

Jorge Ledesma
www.blackberrygtd.com & www.berryreview.com
Old 10-10-2007, 03:02 PM   #13
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Beyond411 has GREAT gps support, using it on my 8800. Everyday I use it for yellow pages or phone via gps proximity.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:24 AM   #14
philbogle
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggbal View Post

This is now fixed and if you try resetting your password it should succeed.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:29 PM   #15
BryanHarig

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorgeledesmadds View Post
I'd like better support for GPS especially on the new Berries, 8800, 8300, and now the 8100's series
GPS works great, the only disadvantage is the wait while it gets a fix. But thats a problem with any GPS reciever in the city, not something the program can fix. (AFAIK)
Old 10-11-2007, 10:17 PM   #16
cruzer3
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: ATT
Default Thanks Phil

Phil:
I have been using you program for awhile it is EXCELLENT!!!
I appreciate your hard work and time in writing the program and making it available to ALL balckberry users!!!

Old 10-11-2007, 11:00 PM   #17
fizzleation
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
Carrier: AT&T

thanks for your hard work phil!!!! i really appreciate it!
Old 10-14-2007, 10:57 AM   #18
mrking
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
Carrier: Rogers

OK, i just found this app. Two thumbs up. Thanks!!! Been wanting something like this.
Old 10-14-2007, 03:12 PM   #19
NW Highlander
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8800
Carrier: tmobile

I must also agree with the others Phil, a hearty thank you!
Old 02-01-2008, 01:53 AM   #20
Soapm

Model: 9900
Carrier: TMO

I can't get the GPS function to work on my new 8310. If I search with my home address then I get tons of hits for say Sonic's or McD's but if I use GPS it always says there are none in the area. i did a GPS refresh and it finds the sattilites just fine. Google maps work well. What else could I be missing?
Closed Thread