Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 03:37 PM   #1
mollyfast

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Calendar Items Showing up Twice

Please Login to Remove!

I'm working on my very new very first Blackberry (8830) and I've had it for a few days now. My Outlook calendar items are now showing up twice. Help! I don't want everything on there twice.
Old 10-04-2007, 04:17 PM   #2
zerog46
iPhone Mod!

Model: 9650
Carrier: VZW Bold

Is it on th BB or the computer.
Old 10-04-2007, 04:55 PM   #3
mollyfast

on the device itself.
Old 10-04-2007, 04:57 PM   #4
seelk
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollyfast View Post
I'm working on my very new very first Blackberry (8830) and I've had it for a few days now. My Outlook calendar items are now showing up twice. Help! I don't want everything on there twice.
I had this exact thing happen when I got my 8830. I noticed Outlook also had double entries. Unfortunately, I'm not truly sure how I fixed the problem (I'll post if I remember) but I deleted all the double entries from Outlook then re-synced.

Were you by any chance adding birthdays to contacts in Outlook? My double entries were from Birthdays.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:05 PM   #5
mollyfast

no, not birthdays. it's just ALL my outlook calendar entries...over 1,100 of them if you remember or if anyone else out there knows how to solve this, please let me know!
Old 10-04-2007, 10:01 PM   #6
naraiz
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T
Default A technique

A technique you might try (as painful as this sounds) is to ensure either the BB or Outlook contains only those entries you want individually. Once you do this delete all entries from the device or outlook and do a fresh resync. Just a thought.

When it gets to tough for the rest that's when it's just right for me. - Author Unknown
Old 10-05-2007, 04:56 PM   #7
zerog46
iPhone Mod!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollyfast View Post
It happen to me a few times, pull the battery on the BB then resync, it should fix the problem. If you notice it again just pull the battery before you sync.

If that does not work, plug in the BB to your computer, uncheck the sync calendar box, delete one of each of the duplicate entries, "all of them" and then recheck the box and sync. This should fix it if the first one does not.
Old 10-07-2007, 06:54 PM   #8
bwl200

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerog46 View Post
It happen to me a few times, pull the battery on the BB then resync, it should fix the problem. If you notice it again just pull the battery before you sync.

If that does not work, plug in the BB to your computer, uncheck the sync calendar box, delete one of each of the duplicate entries, "all of them" and then recheck the box and sync. This should fix it if the first one does not.
I too am having the same problem. I've had this problem come up at one time or another with every palm pilot i've ever owned. I hoped it would not be happening with my BB. I am getting duplicate appts on my BB only. I wiped the BB last friday and started again with a clean sync, only to have the duplicates show up again today.

I've just done as suggested and removed the battery and tried again. It has worked!

Brad
Old 10-08-2007, 12:05 AM   #9
zerog46
iPhone Mod!

Ya like I said it just happens for no reason, usally just a battery pull will fix the problem.
Old 10-09-2007, 09:23 AM   #10
mattk0
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530

I'd recommend turning off the synch, and then hooking it up to desktop manager to clear the address book and then let it synch back up with Outlook...
Old 11-21-2007, 09:40 AM   #11
fishhead64
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8300
Carrier: AT&T

Turning of synch in Calendar, hooking up to desktop manager, clearing the Calendar and resynching worked for me on Lotus too.
Old 12-10-2007, 11:11 AM   #12
mf9point8

Model: 8130

Worked for me on a VZW 8130. Thanks!
Old 12-10-2007, 03:11 PM   #13
gameboy213
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9630

I used to get it here and there when syncing with a cable, and I even got it when I first upgraded to the BES service.... it's real annoying. contacts would be doubled too occasionally
Old 12-19-2007, 10:53 PM   #14
rschneidvol

Model: 8103e
Default Fix double calendar entries and wrong date

Yes, there is a solution.

First, synce your device. Second, from the Desktop Manager, configure your sync so that the calendar sync is diabled (so that when you sync in the future it will not talk with Outlook).

Next, from the Desktop Manager, select back-up and restore feature. Highlight "calendar" on the ***right*** side of the dialog boxes. Delete it. When the progress box disappears, wait for the device to finish actually wiping the calendar appointments clear. This is aupposed to wipe out all calendar items.

Now check your device. Odds are, a "problem" date or appointment will arise. An appointment (or series of) that did not delete via the Back-up & Restore delete process...it could also be an invisible data error. If problem appointments exist, delete them in Blackberry. Repeat until the problem appointments are gone.

Now, reconfigure the sync settings and bring configure them to sync Outlook. Now sync your device. When done, do a battery pull.
Old 01-02-2008, 05:05 PM   #15
rmcbri01

Model: 8130

I'm a BB Pearl newbie as well (for about two months now) and am having the same issue with duplicate entries only on the calendar on my BB, not in Outlook.

It has only occurred twice since I got the phone, and both times it took all the calendar entries and duplicated them. It seems to be a one time thing, after it has occcurred I can create a new entry either in Outlook or on the BB and it won't be duplicated, while everything else is still in duplicate.

When I view each of the duplicated entries, they are exactly the same except for the "Send Using:" field at the top of the entry. One of the entries will say Desktop and the other will say Default. I know that Desktop is the original entry and should be the only one showing.

As indicated, I'm using Outlook for my work email/calendar and also using BES. I do have a few BIS accounts setup for email, but that is it. I never connect the BB to my computer or use Desktop Manager so I don't think that's part of the problem.

I removed the battery just a few minutes ago and it didn't clear the duplicate entries. At this point the only way I know how to get rid of them is to manually remove each of them, which is what I did after this happened the first time.

Thanks for the help.
Old 01-13-2009, 03:48 PM   #16
straws099

Model: 9530
Default RE: Calendar duplicates on Storm

This is my first post but after looking around, there isn't much guidace on the storm, or im lookin in the wrong place. But I figured out how to remove duplicates in my case maybe it will help someone.

From the Calender screen, click the blackberry button - select calendar - and select only desktop.

This fixed my issue of having two events - one as desktop and one as work email.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:01 PM   #17
DTach

Model: STORM
Carrier: Telus

I also have a BB Storm and when I synchronize with Lotus Notes Calendar I have duplicates entries. I used both direction in the Synch. option.

When you refer to Calendar screen is it on the Desktop Manager?
Closed Thread