Old 08-17-2007, 09:44 AM   #181
beyondalegend
CrackBerry Addict

Model: BOLD
Carrier: T-Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by badasti View Post
dang why cant you just download the old theme.
Yeah, the grid sucks!
Old 08-17-2007, 10:04 AM   #182
lefty
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: Tmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by riccardojr View Post
I love many things about my Pearl but let's keep one major detail in mind: What was the main purpose Blackberry created their wonderful devices? That's right, for those of us on the run for work and or play who NEED to keep in contact with business associates, for reasons both professional and amicable.

Now sure, the Pearl is a bit snazzier and geared for a broader market, but RIM should never forget their main objective of being able to contact and be contacted on the fly by way of email and text rich messages. Case and point: The most recent software "updates" (including this T-Mo edition) have yet to fix the continuing text entering problem where letters repeat themselves! How can RIM overlook this most integral aspect of their devices!?Here's an example showing the exact outcome of a text message I sent to my friend and work associate Stefano from my Pearl:

"Hey Steddano! Sorry ddoee the late bbotuuce But I won't be able to make tobbuught's wuune dinner, the Wm. Hill rep is uubb town and I need to hook up with gguum before he leaves town. I'll call you tomorroqq with moeee info, have a great niggt!"

Makes a whole helluva lot of sense huh! Thank goodness this wasn't a message sent to an important customer, they would think I'm an absolute drunk! I think we've been pretty darn patient with trying out the latest and greatest from RIM but please get your stuff together and do some "Research" before you send out new stuff!!

Rich
I have never had any issue such as this. EVER. Are you sure you weren't drunk? (jk) It looks as if you are trying to multitap with suretype on

Last edited by lefty; 08-17-2007 at 10:05 AM..
Old 08-17-2007, 10:08 AM   #183
lefty
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Tmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigNewt View Post
I now have .103, my wife still has .64. Neither of us can get mms pix. I think this a tmob service issue, not an issue with the pearl or the os. It is intermittent and has nothing to do with which os, filesize, nothing.
I couldn't connect via BT to my car the first couple times but suddenly it did. BB messenger works fine. BB maps is there. Opera works.
I still do not have the option to "delete on server and handheld" with email, just delete. My wife's is the same. Anybody know what's up with that?
Well, sad as it is, I'm glad I'm not the only one with this issue. I get blank MMS from my brother and then have to tell him to resend it multiple times before I get it, and I get charged $.25 per MMS!
Old 08-17-2007, 11:53 AM   #184
danimal4326
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobly View Post
Are you using Vista or XP? I haven't been able to get my bluetooth modem connection working with Vista, but it was flawless with XP.

XP

I refuse to (down)grade to Vista
Old 08-17-2007, 11:58 AM   #185
danimal4326

Quote:
I love many things about my Pearl but let's keep one major detail in mind: What was the main purpose Blackberry created their wonderful devices? That's right, for those of us on the run for work and or play who NEED to keep in contact with business associates, for reasons both professional and amicable.

Now sure, the Pearl is a bit snazzier and geared for a broader market, but RIM should never forget their main objective of being able to contact and be contacted on the fly by way of email and text rich messages. Case and point: The most recent software "updates" (including this T-Mo edition) have yet to fix the continuing text entering problem where letters repeat themselves! How can RIM overlook this most integral aspect of their devices!?Here's an example showing the exact outcome of a text message I sent to my friend and work associate Stefano from my Pearl:

"Hey Steddano! Sorry ddoee the late bbotuuce But I won't be able to make tobbuught's wuune dinner, the Wm. Hill rep is uubb town and I need to hook up with gguum before he leaves town. I'll call you tomorroqq with moeee info, have a great niggt!"

Makes a whole helluva lot of sense huh! Thank goodness this wasn't a message sent to an important customer, they would think I'm an absolute drunk! I think we've been pretty darn patient with trying out the latest and greatest from RIM but please get your stuff together and do some "Research" before you send out new stuff!!

Rich
I've never experienced this issue. Perhaps there might be an issue with the keypad on your phone??

Just as a test, I switched SureType of and typed a message in MultiTap. No repeats, but slow as hell.. Not sure why you would want to use it, but to each his own..
Old 08-17-2007, 01:58 PM   #186
scanido

Carrier: FIDO

Does anyone have a t-mobile cell number i can use to bypass the firmware update screen?

TIA
Old 08-17-2007, 02:05 PM   #187
mkd284

Model: 8300

Try this, I put it in my browser and it worked

DeviceDownloads
Old 08-17-2007, 02:08 PM   #188
evilberry
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: T-mobile

This Os 103 Messed Up My Phone. The Alarm Fail To Ring !
Old 08-17-2007, 02:32 PM   #189
firstrebel
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: Vodafone UK

Quote:

Rich
The last time multi tap worked properly for me was OS .64. All successive versions had this same problem.

I might go back to .64 as everything I wanted worked then. Progress. Pah!!

Bob
Old 08-17-2007, 05:18 PM   #190
Lex Luthor
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800
Carrier: xxx9824;xxx9824;xxx9824;xxx9824;xxx9824;

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkd284 View Post
Try this, I put it in my browser and it worked

DeviceDownloads

That worked! Thanks!!
Old 08-17-2007, 06:31 PM   #191
jdelgado89

PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default At&t

Any news when AT&T will release their update.

Thanks
jdelgado89

Last edited by jdelgado89; 08-17-2007 at 08:10 PM..
Old 08-17-2007, 07:59 PM   #192
mkd284

Model: 8300

Been using this OS for a few hours and the calls are clearer. So far no dropped calls. When I answer the phone there is no silence for a few seconds. Opera works no problems there.
Old 08-17-2007, 08:37 PM   #193
Drey

PIN: N/A

My 5 Faves are gone and hide/unhide is gone too. How to fix that? Any ideas.
Old 08-17-2007, 08:38 PM   #194
b13
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: 2408BC18
Carrier: cingular

at&t users cant download this crap

VW GTI FAN
Old 08-17-2007, 08:38 PM   #195
ski837547
Thumbs Must Hurt

T-Mobile removed the .103 release from their website. The .64 is now the only release available for download. Looks like they are aware of the issues.
Old 08-17-2007, 08:39 PM   #196
fatum
Thumbs Must Hurt

I go to download the new OS and it is still the .64 version that gets downloaded. I'm a tmo customer and can't get the latest version I don't get it. Any ideas?

Edit: nevermind the post above mine that wasn't there when I started to type my question explained it to me.
Old 08-17-2007, 08:53 PM   #197
riccardojr

Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstrebel View Post
The last time multi tap worked properly for me was OS .64. All successive versions had this same problem.

I might go back to .64 as everything I wanted worked then. Progress. Pah!!

Bob
Hey Bob, me too! .64 was pretty solid but I guess I was just getting anxious and wanted a new and prettier version. I just dumped the latest version (as did T-Mo, they pulled it from their site!!) and reinstalled .64, smooth as silk and not a repeating letter to be found!!! Let's just hope RIM and T-Mo get their merda together and come through with a solid new version.....soon!

SFUSD
AT&T PEARL 8100 4.5.0.99
Old 08-17-2007, 09:43 PM   #198
rivviepop
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8320
PIN: n/a
Carrier: t-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ski837547 View Post
T-Mobile removed the .103 release from their website. The .64 is now the only release available for download. Looks like they are aware of the issues.
In a certain way, this makes me like T-Mobile even more. Everyone here on BBF knows there are all these weird issues with 4.2.1.x yet the carriers keep pushing it out; the less nerdy people on AT&T, etc. are probably hating their Pearls right now. At least T-Mobile has th balls to take the download offline so quickly because it's ****ed up.

It lends credibility to why I haven't upgraded beyond 4.2.0.73 yet, a rock solid release. Maybe T-Mobile will be The One(tm) to force RIM to fix all the random 4.2.1.x problems for 8100 owners that we all know about.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:52 PM   #199
beyondalegend
CrackBerry Addict

Model: BOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivviepop View Post
At least T-Mobile has th balls to take the download offline so quickly because it's ****ed up.
I agree with you 100%!
Old 08-18-2007, 09:19 AM   #200
chiefnet

Quote:

Rich
I have the exact same problem now. Never had it with the old version.
Closed Thread