weath
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Bold
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

Chinookman,

To stop your Yahoo mail completely, go here:
https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=mycingular

This is the page where you set up emails to push to your BB. Log in, and where it says Email Accounts, click on the trash can/delete icon next to Yahoo, and problem solved: no more Yahoo pushed to your BB.

You can also do this from your BB, just not the way it appears that you're trying to. We can walk you through that (and someone did above, actually). Let us know.

ANY mail from BIS will show in TWO places (and NOT EVER in BB Messenger as mentioned): Messages (the catch-all Inbox for all messages delivered to the BB), and the INDIVIDUAL email account icon (Yahoo in your case). WHEN/IF you log in to your BIS page as per above, the YAHOO mail icon will disappear. You will still have the Messages icon, you just won't get any more email from Yahoo.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO WIPE YOUR DEVICE! And as mentioned, even if you do, IT WILL NOT STOP Yahoo mail from being pushed UNLESS you follow the steps above, and mentioned by SEVERAL others.

This will ALSO alleviate your Profiles issue with Yahoo (if I understood what you're trying to accomplish there correctly: stop the phone from notifying you of Yahoo mail arrivals).

Ya, I'm yelling. We're actually trying help you. Spend a minute to help us help you. Flame me if you want, I just won't answer. You're in the right place to solve all your problems, if you let us.

Steve

Edmund Burke 1729-1797

Last edited by weath; 10-17-2009 at 06:20 PM..
Old 10-17-2009, 07:40 PM   #22
Chinookman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
PIN: Head....NOT!
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by weath View Post
Chinookman,

To stop your Yahoo mail completely, go here:
https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=mycingular
Tried to create an account and got a box that says can't access account form html use the phone...ha....catch 22 oh well...

This is the page where you set up emails to push to your BB. Log in, and where it says Email Accounts, click on the trash can/delete icon next to Yahoo, and problem solved: no more Yahoo pushed to your BB.

You can also do this from your BB, just not the way it appears that you're trying to. We can walk you through that (and someone did above, actually). Let us know.

ANY mail from BIS will show in TWO places (and NOT EVER in BB Messenger as mentioned): Messages (the catch-all Inbox for all messages delivered to the BB), and the INDIVIDUAL email account icon (Yahoo in your case). WHEN/IF you log in to your BIS page as per above, the YAHOO mail icon will disappear. You will still have the Messages icon, you just won't get any more email from Yahoo. Well thanks for the summary, you captured what I was not able to write myself thanks. and as I mentioned before I was not aware of all the feature of what each icon does....

YOU DO NOT NEED TO WIPE YOUR DEVICE! That's a good thing to know thanks again.. And as mentioned, even if you do, IT WILL NOT STOP Yahoo mail from being pushed UNLESS you follow the steps above, and mentioned by SEVERAL others. Yeah and my problem is evedently I just didn't get it but some of you guys are getting impatient with me I DO realize you all are trying to help..I think I've mentioned my gratitude for that before also...

This will ALSO alleviate your Profiles issue with Yahoo (if I understood what you're trying to accomplish there correctly: stop the phone from notifying you of Yahoo mail arrivals).

Ya, I'm yelling. We're actually trying help you. Spend a minute to help us help you. Flame me if you want, I just won't answer. You're in the right place to solve all your problems, if you let us.dude why flame, Your dealing with someone that at the moment just doesn't get it....which is why I ask to close the thread, no need in you guys getting exasperated...any longer and thanks I'll figure out how to reach the BIS via the phone and then follow your instructions.....

Steve
OK as mentioned before thanks for the patience and I'll re-read everything a bit slower again.......no need in anyone getting flustered........Thanks folks...

on edit OK folks thanks this time I really go have it.....you see there are more functions here then I am aware of and don't live on the phone so what you folks take for granted that I should know was not the case. Anyway a happy ending and case closed.....nomore e-mails pushed to the phone and I learned another feature the hard way......Thanks......

C-man

Last edited by Chinookman; 10-17-2009 at 08:16 PM.. Reason: I got it...!
Old 10-17-2009, 08:15 PM   #23
Chinookman
Thumbs Must Hurt

and as a few may have gotten irritated I'm trying to make sure you folks don't misread my postings....I have never had any other thoughts but gratitude for helping out.....and if anyone of you folks ever get in a jamb where you're work 72 hours a week for a month and ahalf or more you'll see how foggy your brains gets too...LOL....latah...yah'll
Old 10-18-2009, 06:22 AM   #24
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

PIN: N/A
Carrier: Tesco Mobile

We get your thankful.
We appreciate that.
We did just feel like we were going round in circles for a while.

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Old 10-18-2009, 06:46 AM   #25
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

Please stop thread crapping.
Old 10-18-2009, 12:00 PM   #26
Chinookman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightdraven View Post
We get your thankful.
We appreciate that.
We did just feel like we were going round in circles for a while.yeah I get it too and felt the same way cuz I was clueless about some of the features, any way done deal no more circles to navigate thru...have a good one...

ok case closed....thread closed no more crapping.....
Old 10-20-2009, 10:47 PM   #27
cheetahlm
Knows Where the Search Button Is

PIN: N/A
Carrier: Telkomsel

very usefull
Closed Thread