BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2006, 11:23 PM   #61
mikdash250

Model: 7100g
Talking via bluetooth

Please Login to Remove!

hi dose anyone know if there is a program that i could download on my blackberry 7100g thati could go via bluetooth on someones phone and play around with them?
Old 03-16-2006, 10:05 AM   #62
fkatsumi
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700c
Carrier: cingular
Default newly signed BBCorrector

I have signed the patched BBCorrector for the new OS. I tested in simulation and on my 8700c and seems to be good. ALX file has the version 1.1 beta and I added Josh's name in the credit. I will send to Josh for official posting to this site or elsewhere.

Fred

Last edited by fkatsumi; 03-16-2006 at 10:21 AM.. Reason: didn't mean to post file to all
Old 03-16-2006, 10:25 AM   #63
BigDawg

Model: 8703
Carrier: Cingular

Hey fkatsumi,

I downloaded the file and installed it. Now when I run it I get "error starting BBCorrector: Class 'org.w3c.com.document' not found"

Any ideas on how to fix this?

I restarted the BB after installing the file as well.

Thanks
Brad
Old 03-16-2006, 02:35 PM   #64
HRom
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon
Default Can't wait to load

What is the OTA link or where can I get the file?
Old 03-16-2006, 02:39 PM   #65
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRom
What is the OTA link or where can I get the file?
ditto
Old 03-17-2006, 09:44 PM   #66
fkatsumi

here is the file. i originally posted but didn't know the policy so i deleted and sent to josh harris since i'm only a signer of the code and didn't write it. but what the heck. please understand that it is a beta and untested at this point. credit goes to the original author and josh harris.

Fred
Attached Files
File Type: zip bbcorrector_v1.1beta.zip (11.2 KB, 823 views)
Old 03-18-2006, 02:20 AM   #67
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Thanks! I downloaded and tried it on my 7100t with OS 4.1. It works great until you have a contraction/apostrophe in a word. Everything after a contraction/apostrophe is off by one letter. For instance if I type "I can't spel very goode." I get back corrections for "spel" and "goode" but only the "pel" and "oode" is underlined and is replaced by the correct word. If I remove the apostrophe from "can't" then it works great. The apostrophe seems to be the only character it doesn't like.

John
Old 03-18-2006, 09:30 AM   #68
KonTiki
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

PIN: 007

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg
Hey fkatsumi,

I downloaded the file and installed it. Now when I run it I get "error starting BBCorrector: Class 'org.w3c.com.document' not found"

Any ideas on how to fix this?

I restarted the BB after installing the file as well.

Thanks
Brad
Same here on my 7250 any ideas?

Running OS 6.0.0.524
Old 03-18-2006, 10:51 AM   #69
tateu
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000

BigDawg and KonTiki,

There are two other posts on the forum about this ( you may not have found them when you used the forum's search feature because it's actually "dom" and not "com" ) - link to Post 1 and link to Post 2. The first post gives two possible solutions, one is to reinstall the OS because eradis says that this Class is an addon package that you have to manually choose to install when you load a new OS. I can't remember if this is true, but reinstalling your OS seems like a good thing to try. The second solution offered is also possible but doesn't seem as likely to me. KaTTdaddY suggests that you need to compile the software using the JDE version that corresponds to the OS installed on your blackberry. This version was compiled with JDE 4.1. The reason that this doesn't seem likely to me is that I used the original version of BBCorrector on OS 4.0, 4.02 and 4.1 without receiving the Class error.

John,

Are you using T-Roy's nexstanza server? It is an error caused by the code used for that server or the google spell checker that it uses. For "I can't spel goode" it says that "spel" is located at character position 9 and "goode" is at character position 14 (counting starts from 0). If the apostrophe is replaced with a space, the server returns the correct positions of 8 and 13. The original server code (BBCorrectorServer.cgi) and my modified php version (BBCorrectorServer.php) both use Aspell and do not have this problem. Either ask T-Roy to look into fixing it or switch to another server that uses the original code.
Old 03-18-2006, 10:57 AM   #70
KonTiki
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

PIN: 007

Quote:
Originally Posted by tateu
BigDawg and KonTiki,

There are two other posts on the forum about this ( you may not have found them when you used the forum's search feature because it's actually "dom" and not "com" ) - link to Post 1 and link to Post 2. The first post gives two possible solutions, one is to reinstall the OS because eradis says that this Class is an addon package that you have to manually choose to install when you load a new OS. I can't remember if this is true, but reinstalling your OS seems like a good thing to try. The second solution offered is also possible but doesn't seem as likely to me. KaTTdaddY suggests that you need to compile the software using the JDE version that corresponds to the OS installed on your blackberry. This version was compiled with JDE 4.1. The reason that this doesn't seem likely to me is that I used the original version of BBCorrector on OS 4.0, 4.02 and 4.1 without receiving the Class error.

John,

Are you using T-Roy's nexstanza server? It is an error caused by the code used for that server or the google spell checker that it uses. For "I can't spel goode" it says that "spel" is located at character position 9 and "goode" is at character position 14 (counting starts from 0). If the apostrophe is replaced with a space, the server returns the correct positions of 8 and 13. The original server code (BBCorrectorServer.cgi) and my modified php version (BBCorrectorServer.php) both use Aspell and do not have this problem. Either ask T-Roy to look into fixing it or switch to another server that uses the original code.
Thank you, I should have been more detailed, sometimes I forget to do that but anyway. I have tried both solutions and neither has cleared the problem, I have also tried it both ways with both servers (a total of 4 times). I too used the original with all versions of the OS without any mmajor problems other than the ones already stated here which deleted 3 spaces prior to the correction. That was with 4.0, 4.02, and 4.1 Operating systems. Its not a terribly big deal, I just removed it for now but it is a nice application if it was to work correctly.

Running OS 6.0.0.524
Old 03-18-2006, 11:27 AM   #71
tateu

KonTiki,

I put the smiley faces around the text because it wasn't meant to be taken seriously. So what if someone occaissionally forgets to use the search button? I understand the reasoning behind it, having the same question asked over and over again can become tiresome, but I hate the hardcore forumites that chastise everyone for not using the search button and then never go on to offer any actual help.

Ok, back to the problem at hand...Well, if you've tried an OS reinstall and compiled the code yourself with the same JDE version as your blackberry, I just don't know, sorry. I don't really know java at all and know even less about the specifics of the RIM version.
Old 03-18-2006, 10:21 PM   #72
fkatsumi

Default John

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark
Thanks! I downloaded and tried it on my 7100t with OS 4.1. It works great until you have a contraction/apostrophe in a word. Everything after a contraction/apostrophe is off by one letter. For instance if I type "I can't spel very goode." I get back corrections for "spel" and "goode" but only the "pel" and "oode" is underlined and is replaced by the correct word. If I remove the apostrophe from "can't" then it works great. The apostrophe seems to be the only character it doesn't like.

John
I think this problem is on the server side. Which server code are you using? If I use my own server using the original php code I don't have the problem but if I use a server like nexstanza.com then there is this apostrophe issue.

Fred
Old 03-20-2006, 09:09 AM   #73
sgmess

Model: 8800
Carrier: Orange UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by fkatsumi
I think this problem is on the server side. Which server code are you using? If I use my own server using the original php code I don't have the problem but if I use a server like nexstanza.com then there is this apostrophe issue.

Fred
The problem is defiantly in the server side code, I have tested this on both the php and cgi code and it works fine. On the nexstanza.com server I get the apostrophe issue.

On a separate issue, in the Blackberry JDE I am trying to make some more modifications to the bbCorrector code but when I try and debug it in the simulator I do not get the spelling option under the menu, any ideas why this is?

Steve
Old 03-20-2006, 12:53 PM   #74
mezorn26
No longer Registered.

Thanks a lot, works great...
Old 03-20-2006, 02:30 PM   #75
amaiman

Model: 8703e

Quote:
BBCorrector Error: Error parsing Spelling Data (Expecting an element.) Nothing to check.
Not working for me.
Old 03-20-2006, 03:42 PM   #76
tateu

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaiman
BBCorrector Error: Error parsing Spelling Data (Expecting an element.) Nothing to check.
Did you actually type text into the email field? I get this error if I run spellcheck on an empty field.

And it would help others to diagnose your problem if you provided: your blackberry model, OS version, BBCorrector Version, which application and which field you are spell checking and a sample of the text you attempted to spell check. Oh, and also which server, cgi or php.
Old 03-20-2006, 03:48 PM   #77
Aldazar
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
Carrier: 1010

Any luck fixing the whole "any apostrophe screws up everything thereafter" problem?
Old 03-20-2006, 03:58 PM   #78
tateu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldazar
Any luck fixing the whole "any apostrophe screws up everything thereafter" problem?
Depends on exactly what part of this question you are asking. 3 people have mentioned that this problem is caused by the nexstanza server. Read posts 69, 72 and 73 of this thread. If you already knew that answer and are instead asking if the nexstanza server has been fixed...you will have to wait for a response from T-Roy.
Old 03-20-2006, 10:34 PM   #79
T-Roy
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8800
Carrier: Darth Vader
Cool

Fixed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tateu
Depends on exactly what part of this question you are asking. 3 people have mentioned that this problem is caused by the nexstanza server. Read posts 69, 72 and 73 of this thread. If you already knew that answer and are instead asking if the nexstanza server has been fixed...you will have to wait for a response from T-Roy.
Any interested it was broken by php magic quotes which was enabled in the php ini file. I just stripped extra slashes and it appears to work fine
Old 03-20-2006, 10:50 PM   #80
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Just tried it...Works flawlessly!! Thanks to all who had a hand in this....

John
Closed Thread