BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 09:02 PM   #1
ElementX

Model: 7290
PIN: N/A
Carrier: None
Default Tmobile myfaves + unlimited data? Plan not possible??

Please Login to Remove!

Anyone have Tmobile myfaves service with the blackberry unlimited add-on?

So I finally made the jump into the blackberry world after looking at them for months. My contract expired with tmobile a few months ago and I hadn't renewed so I could go with whichever company had the best plan to suite my needs as well as offered the BB 8800.

The majority of my calls are to 1 person and so I thought I would get a myfaves plan and add the blackberry unlimited data add-on. I upgraded my phone to the BB 8800 (its coming in the mail in a few days) and switched my voice plan to the myfaves 300. I couldn't find an option for blackberry unlimited add-on anywhere. I figured maybe its not listed until I actually switch over to using the BB. In the meantime, I have a used BB 7290 phone that I'm playing with. I put my SIM in there and still no change on the my tmobile page for an option to get BB unlimited.

A few days passed so I called up tmobile and they told me I couldn't get myfaves and the BB unlimited. They said to get the BB unlimited add-on, I had to go with the standard 300 minute plan? In fact, they told me thats the only plan that i could get if i wanted to have the BB unlimited add-on. Couldn't get a 1000 minute plan like I originally had???

Anyways, I'm thinking the person I spoke too didn't understand what I wanted, but before I call tmobile back and complain about this, I wanted to know if anyone has myfaves with unlimited data. It seems like I can select those options if I were starting a new account through their website. I dont see why i shouldn't be able to do the same as an existing customer.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:04 PM   #2
ElementX

Oh yeah, the reason why I decided to go with tmobile over the other carriers in the first place was the myfaves and the unlimited tethering. If tmobile cant give me what I need, then I'm going to give them hell to cancel my subscription renewal, mail back their unopened BB 8800 and then switch to Verizon so at least I can save money by being in the IN network.
Old 06-10-2007, 10:04 PM   #3
neile457
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
Carrier: Sprint

I just went on their website, added an 8800 to my cart, added the $39.99 myfaves plan, and then added the unlimited blackberry plan. Not sure where the problem is for ya.
Old 06-10-2007, 10:23 PM   #4
hookem12387
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: ATT

I have myfaves 600 and bb unlimited add on
Old 06-11-2007, 12:06 AM   #5
ElementX

Thanks guys, I got it all cleared up.

Called Tmobile again and got someone who was knowledgeable enough to explain to me why i couldnt change plans, and also explained the terms under which I would be able to get what i needed.

The rep explained that my old plan, called "smart access" didn't have myfaves and BB unlimited as options. I would have to be on that plan for 1 year before I could switch to a different group of plans. I told her I had been on the current plan for 1.5 yrs so she talked to her supervisor and got me switched over to the myfaves 600 plan + BB unlimited. I'm a happy camper!
Old 06-11-2007, 07:29 AM   #6
takeshi
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

That explains it -- I was about to say that you should be able to add any BB data plan to any voice plan but Smart Access would be an exception.
Closed Thread