BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2010, 01:03 PM   #21
Green Cart
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
Carrier: Sprint

Please Login to Remove!

Your DM suggestion did not work the first time becasue I had one way sync turned on, but after I turned it on to two way sync, your tip worked, but unfortunately my problems of two unknowns did not go away.

May I have other suggestions? You seem puzzled with what I did to mess it up. I told you before that Gmail is dangerous, but you and several others were adamant that it was my fault so I thought I would try Gmail again. I am sorry that I did, but I have learned a lot to get BB, Comcast email and Outlook to coordinate, thanks to your help and others and my stubborness to resolve the issue of troublesome Gmail contact list. A
Old 09-04-2010, 01:06 PM   #22
Green Cart
Thumbs Must Hurt

PS I no longer have 3 email address in both calendar and message in default services. How do I get all three back in both CICAL and CMIME. One is BIS and other two are Comcast. Thanks
Old 09-04-2010, 01:52 PM   #23
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Cart View Post
Your DM suggestion did not work the first time becasue I had one way sync turned on, but after I turned it on to two way sync, your tip worked, but unfortunately my problems of two unknowns did not go away.

May I have other suggestions? You seem puzzled with what I did to mess it up. I told you before that Gmail is dangerous, but you and several others were adamant that it was my fault so I thought I would try Gmail again. I am sorry that I did, but I have learned a lot to get BB, Comcast email and Outlook to coordinate, thanks to your help and others and my stubborness to resolve the issue of troublesome Gmail contact list. A
I'm not puzzled; I just don't know what you did. As far as what I know, I'm aware of a gmail app (not simply adding your gmail address to BIS), and I'm aware that people have unwanted issues crop up when using the app. So far as I know, doing nothing else but adding the gmail address to BIS is no different than adding any other address, such as your Comcast address, yahoo, windows live, whatever. But I don't use google, so really can't say.
Old 09-04-2010, 01:53 PM   #24
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Quote:
PS I no longer have 3 email address in both calendar and message in default services. How do I get all three back in both CICAL and CMIME. One is BIS and other two are Comcast. Thanks
Do a battery pull. If that doesn't fix things, resend service books. http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.p...rvice_books%3F

Last edited by aiharkness; 09-04-2010 at 01:55 PM..
Old 09-04-2010, 03:39 PM   #25
Green Cart
Thumbs Must Hurt

While I was waiting for you, I cleaned up a little getting 3 in messenger and 3 in email, making BIS the default. Made Outlook a little more simple. Can sync nicely.

Then you gave me four tips which are a waste of time from my experience. To make you happy, I did first three - still getting two unknowns. Will save calling the provider as a last resort because sometimes they don't know what they are doing.

I am not the only one with this issue based on my research. Many people complained about Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc. When I find the answer, I will let you know. Thank you for your patience as you have helped me to be more organized with Outlook and DM.

Best regards
Old 09-04-2010, 03:52 PM   #26
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Huh? Make me happy?

Whatever. Good luck. And by all means educate me when you have the time.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 09-05-2010, 03:20 PM   #27
Green Cart
Thumbs Must Hurt

Ailharkness,

We are both right. I blamed the unknown contact list on Gmail. You said that Gmail was running in the background.

Using your tip from thread #19, I open DM to "delete" the address book items. I researched all other data items and found "Enhanced Gmail Plug-In". Ah! Ha! that was it, I thought. I deleted it and carefully made sure that Sync did not put the plug back and made a new backup of everthing and even verified to make sure that the plug was gone.

Then after running BB - NOOOO! The plug came back. So it is running somewhere else. I could not find it.

So I did some more research and found other people with the same issue. You said to delete it. May I ask you how?
Old 09-05-2010, 09:30 PM   #28
Green Cart
Thumbs Must Hurt

People are crying everywhere about uninstalling Gmail plug in. CrackBerry came out with a program to uninstall Gmail Plug-In, but I am afraid to try it out because RIM should allow us to remove it.

I used my commercial program to read my BB applications, and it came up with:

413. Enhanced Gmail Plug-in
Enhanced Gmail Plug-in
Copyright (c) 2009 Research in Motion Limited
net.rim.device.custom.gmail
net_rim_bb_gmail;
net_rim_bb_gmail_resource_en;
net_rim_bb_gmail_help_en;

which is 99.99% identical to Crackberry.

Also notice above copyright by RIM who should show us how to uninstall Gmail Plug-in.

Any suggestions to uninstall? Anyone who has authority to contact RIM?
Old 09-05-2010, 09:58 PM   #29
Green Cart
Thumbs Must Hurt

By the way, I now have just one email for BIS. I have removed both Comcast Primary and Secondary emails from my BB. The unknown issue has not been resolved so I have been right all along that the Gmail Plug-In is the problem, but I have learned from you how to use DM and to sync.
Old 09-05-2010, 11:03 PM   #30
SteveO86
BlackBerryForums.com Super Moderator

Model: 9650
PIN: I heard it drop!
Carrier: VZW BIS

Very odd issue indeed. Maybe their is a newer version of the Plugin to install.

Gmail is primary account for email and I have 3 GMail accounts on my BlackBerry with a single Contact list, so I have not seen this issue personally.

Follow me on Twitter
Old 09-06-2010, 05:51 AM   #31
Green Cart
Thumbs Must Hurt

Steve086,

You are not going to see this issue because you are still using Gmail. If you delete all your Gmail accounts, then you are going to have a hard time uninstalling Gmail Plug-In.

Actually, there are other Gmail issues such as Gmail taking control of your BB contacts and Outlook email which is why I closed out Gmail email account, but was unable to uninstall Gmail Plug-In.

Also, you said that Gmail is your primary account. Does that mean you are not using BIS. If so, no wonder you are not having other problems. My friend is doing the same thing, but I don't think he is using Outlookk.

I like Outlook and BIS, now realize I don't need Gmail and its problems because Gmail causes too many prolems including sync. I don't want to argue Gmail vs BIS and Outlook anymore. I just want to uninstall Gmail so I can stop seeing the unknown contact lists.
Old 09-06-2010, 08:06 AM   #32
Green Cart
Thumbs Must Hurt

Steve086 or Others

Also, you may have gotten Gmail from Gmail application which works differently from Gmail Plug-in. You can tell if you have Gmail Plug in by opening DM6, clicking Device top left, then click delete data. Now browse for Enhanced Gmail Plug-in. If you see it, you have it. Don't bother to delete it because of Enhanced Gmail Plug-in Application elsewhere which you cannot delete normally. That is the crux.
Old 09-06-2010, 10:01 AM   #33
SteveO86
BlackBerryForums.com Super Moderator

Model: 9650
PIN: I heard it drop!
Carrier: VZW BIS

Can you be a bit more specific with this?

Quote:
Also, you said that Gmail is your primary account. Does that mean you are not using BIS. .
a BIS plan in a requirement on most carriers with BlackBerries.

Or are you talking about a Carrier email address created from the BIS site?

If you are talking a vzw.blackberry.net (or similar) email address no I do not have one, I do have 6 email accounts on my phone. (3 Gmail, 1 Yahoo, 1 Live, 1 Hotmail)

a BlackBerry email account I can not see on my desktop nor carry with me when I ever leave VZW (or whatever carrier it is created on) does not really motivate me to create one. Where Gmail I can see everywhere, and sync Contacts OTA (and soon the Calendar).

But to each his own. GMail does what I need that is why I use.
Even people with Gmail accounts dislike the plug-in. So it comes down to each individuals experiences with the plugin.

As far as the Gmail application, which is different I do not use, only email through BIS.

Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by SteveO86; 09-06-2010 at 10:02 AM..
Old 09-06-2010, 04:52 PM   #34
Green Cart
Thumbs Must Hurt

You are missing the point now. I am trying to uninstall the Gmail plug-in. As for my definition of BIS, I mean my BB email service with the BB carrier or Sprint in my case.
Old 09-06-2010, 05:01 PM   #35
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Geeze Green Cart! You are stumbling around in a town you've never been in before, giving directions and acting like you know the place. And now you are going to piss off the one guy who has come back for you to give you a hand.

Steve isn't missing the point! You are missing the point, which you've been doing all along. Pay attention to what Steve is telling you, and think about it, and understand. BIS is not your definition of BIS; understand what it is, and then maybe you'll get somewhere solving your problem.
Old 09-06-2010, 05:50 PM   #36
Green Cart
Thumbs Must Hurt

No one is addressing the uninstallment of Gmail plug-in. You keep asking me for support of the Gmail plug-in existence. I came up with this support after lots of work. RIM will not uninstall the G-Mail plug-in. I am hoping that you can help me uninstall the G-Mail plug-in. That is what I have been trying all along.
Old 09-06-2010, 06:03 PM   #37
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Here was my first response to you: http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...ml#post1650708.

I didn't ask you "for support of the Gmail plug-in existence." I said you obviously did more than just setup your gmail address in BIS, and it turns out I was correct. I said I don't use google and don't know exactly what you might have done ... Google app, google plug-in, I don't know the difference; but you did it, whichever it is. My suggestion was undo it, remove it, delete it, whatever, or else the extra database on the device will be recreated again after you delete it, and I was correct.

I can't tell you how to undo what you have done because I don't know, and I would be disinclined to help you at this point anyway. I wouldn't want to waste your time.
Old 09-06-2010, 06:05 PM   #38
Motorcycle Mama
BlackBerry Master

Model: 9930
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

This is the MOST bizarre thread I have read here in a LONG time.

Green Cart completely HIJACKED the OP's thread. The poor OP was probably too scared to come back after the trainwreck that Green Cart has created.

The OP was talking about Yahoo mail and NEVER mentioned GMail.

Then Green Cart who OBVIOUSLY has NO idea about BlackBerry devices tries to give advice (wrong advice BTW) to the OP. And tries to say that Outlook is not compatible with BlackBerry. ??

And then Green Cart again rails on about GMail which has NOTHING to do with the OP.

And the whole part about "adding BIS to Outlook". What in the world does that even mean??

Bizarre!!
Old 09-06-2010, 06:12 PM   #39
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcycle Mama View Post
... The poor OP was probably too scared to come back ...
I was thinking same thing back on the 3rd.
Old 09-06-2010, 07:13 PM   #40
Green Cart
Thumbs Must Hurt

I give up. I am not the only one who said that Outlook is not compatible with BB. Now I don't feel like looking up who else said that. But while I may be stubborn, you are just a big bully. You scared off too many others who might also contribute. Just look at the number of readers who are just lurking in the background afraid to jump in.

I learned a lots from this thread, believe me.
Closed Thread