Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 10:27 AM   #1
telli97
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700C
Carrier: Cingular/ATT
Default Anyone buy BT HS's from www.buy.com - Please read

Please Login to Remove!

Hi All. I am interested in buying a Plantronics Boyager 520 BT HS. I normally buy all my BB stuff online through BBerry >> The One-Stop Shop for all your BlackBerry™ needs and they have been great. They list the PLT 520 @ $89.00, however buy.com and a couple of others are offering that same PLT 520 for $49-$50 dollars. Can this be? I called and asked buy.com customer service if these are refurbished and they stated they were new in box. Can there be such a difference in price with these vendors? I'm afraid of the old saying if it's to good to be true it probably is and I wanted any feedback from people who have purchased through buy.com or where they have purchased their PLT 520 model.

Thanks - JP
Old 10-06-2007, 05:54 PM   #2
ShelW
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by telli97 View Post
Hi All. I am interested in buying a Plantronics Boyager 520 BT HS. I normally buy all my BB stuff online through BBerry >> The One-Stop Shop for all your BlackBerry™ needs and they have been great. They list the PLT 520 @ $89.00, however buy.com and a couple of others are offering that same PLT 520 for $49-$50 dollars. Can this be? I called and asked buy.com customer service if these are refurbished and they stated they were new in box. Can there be such a difference in price with these vendors? I'm afraid of the old saying if it's to good to be true it probably is and I wanted any feedback from people who have purchased through buy.com or where they have purchased their PLT 520 model.
JP
After reading your post, I just went over to Buy.com, and sure enough, they do have the Plantronics Voyager 520 on sale for $45.99! Whow!

I recently purchased, and today returned, another bluetooth headset, and found them very uncomfortable, and also found the volume too low, unless you really shoved the ear piece into your ear canal, which made it even more uncomfortable.

Getting near the end of my trial (return) period, and wanting to check
out a replacement, I headed over to my local Radio Shack and picked up the Voyager 520's. I have 30 days to return them, which I will do if they don't refund a portion of what they charged ($79.99), but I won't return them until I"ve ordered and received a replacement pair of the 520's!

These things rock!

What I really wanted to let you know is, the Voyager 520's are hands down THE most comfortable, LOUD and CLEAR blue tooth headset I've used, and I've used a LOT!

Sound quality in both directions is excellent. If I'm in a quiet location, I really have to turn the volume down. If it's windy, or I'm in the car with the windows down and traveling fast, I can turn up the volume and still hear the conversation very clearly, and the person on the other end has yet to complain. Battery life lasts forever... I previously had/used the lower end Plantronics 320, and those absolutely NEVER ran out of juice... I'd keep giving them another day's use, and another day's use, expecting them to die. Finally, I'd bring them inside and charge them before they even showed signs of low battery (the 520's indicate battery level when turned on, one red blink for low battery, two for moderately charged battery, and three for battery fully charged)

They are not the smallest bt I've used (the headset I just returned were about half the size), but they are the most comfortable, easiest to hear and simply work great.

My experience is that every bluetooth headset has compromises... they are either easy to hear, but not all that comfortable, or they are small and discreet, but hard to hear some of the time (such as in the wind), or something is not quite right.

These, by far, demand the least compromise from their users (well, from me, anyways) of any I've used so far!

Good luck!