BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 12:32 PM   #1
oshout

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default BES Desktop Email accounts unable to send, OWA accounts unable to receive

Please Login to Remove!

Hello,

I work for a small consulting firm. A couple weeks ago one of our clients had their exchange database crash. We rebuilt it, but since then all of the BB users have been having issues with their email. I've spent the past week trying to correct and while I've given them back some functionality, it's not working the way I think it should.

None of the BB users can send emails using the "desktop" email box which has recently integrated itself into their blackberrys (I don't believe the creation/inclusion of the "desktop" email account was something I did, but that's when things started to go south.).

Looking at the regular active directory, Member of and the advanced security features, besadmin has send as permissions and should be functioning normally. Prior to their exchange crash, everything was working properly, and the only changes that have occured are some windows update when we had to bring the server down and a rebuilt exchange DB which should be pretty similar to the old one (corrupted entries removed)

While they can receive on "Desktop" they're unable to send, so I added a OWA account, which has the opposite problem (able to send but not receive). Combined they're able to both send and receive but it's not pretty, nor does the "default" email choice in tools/advanced/default services seem to have any impact on which email account is chosen to send emails.

I've read up on the problem and tried a lot but I'm not familiar with BBs or BES. Part of me wants to uninstall the BES software and start from scratch. I also think it would be easier to create a exchange-users and then tweak them to receive and send on behalf of the normal user account, but with highly limited permissions, thus side-stepping any permission related issues. A lot of the recommended solutions are outside my knowledge scope.

Really, I need one of two solutions:
To remove the "desktop" email account and have the OWA account work correctly
To remove the OWA account and have desktop work correctly.

The only way i've been able to get the desktop off is by removing the OWA, which sets me back to 0, not having any functionality.

I've tried hiding one email box and setting the default send in the BB devices but it doesn't seem to stick.

I am receiving a lot of the following error in the event viewer:
BlackBerry Messaging Agent BBS-SERVER Agent 1: EventID: 20265 -- MAPIMailbox::RefIDtoEntryID - GetContentsTable (0x80004005) failed

Like I've stated, I've been working on this for over a week now, reading and trying things.. I finally got the "Allow inheritable permissions from the parent to propagate to this object and all child objects. include these with entries explicitly defined here." box under the security/advanced tab to stick, but it hasn't given the desktop email account the ability to send emails.

This is what I've read thus far. I'm hesitant to start randomly trying fixes as I don't want to dig myself into a deeper hole. Plus, some of these solutions don't make sense to me and i"m not sure what info to place into the variable commands:

Desktop email program unable to store message" when trying to send an email:
blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB00 274&sliceId=1&docTypeID=DT_SUPPORTISSUE_1_1&dialog ID=204836847&stateId=0%200%20929607274

Using the SetSendAsPermission tool: blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB12 300&sliceId=SAL_Public&dialogID=9130481&stateId=0% 200%205470776]

Unable to send email messages because the Send As permission has been revoked: blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB04 707-

Delegated permissions are not available and inheritance is automatically disabled: support.microsoft.com/kb/817433

A red X appears in the message list after attempting to send an email message from the BlackBerry smartphone: blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB04 422&sliceId=SAL_Public&dialogID=87776624&stateId=1 %200%2087774759

Thank you for reading and attempting to help!

Last edited by oshout; 11-09-2010 at 12:36 PM..
Old 11-09-2010, 12:58 PM   #2
knottyrope
BlackBerry Elite

Model: DT60
PIN: t of blood has been taken
Carrier: AT&T-US with I dee ten tee errors

if exchange crashed, then make a new (not delete and reuse the name) BESAdmin account.

KB04293-How to switch BlackBerry Enterprise Server service accounts
It doesn't even matter

Rocking the Motion with out lotion.
Old 11-10-2010, 07:24 AM   #3
freakinvibe
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Class
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Swisscom

Forget the OWA approach. You have to get the "Desktop" running again as it was before. OWA doesn't have all the functionality and don't try to mix the two things, either.

Create a new BES admin account as knotty says. If that doesn't help, given the many things you have already done that might have made things worse, create the BES from scratch. It doesn't take that long (definitely not a week as you are in a small company).
Closed Thread