BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2005, 07:47 AM   #1
chitown72

Model: 8120
Carrier: AT&T
Default BT800 Functionality with BB

Please Login to Remove!

In all the reviews I've read regarding the BT800, I haven't seen any mention of compatibility issues with its advanced features. Can anyone confirm that the Caller ID, etc actually work with the BB? A friend of mine bought this headset to use with a Sony Ericcson phone and had bad luck getting the advanced features to do much of anything.

I currently have a BT250...any thoughts on whether its worth the $$ to move to the BT800?

Thanks!
Old 04-16-2005, 12:32 PM   #2
rcg
Platinum Sponsor

Model: 7290

The caller ID function is limited to displaying the telephone number of the caller when using a Blackberry.

Two compelling reasons to change may be battery life (much longer on the BT800) and the vibration alert feature (which can be had on the BT250v).

AIM: SmartPhoneDepot
Old 04-16-2005, 12:54 PM   #3
SchmutzBerry
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8800
Carrier: Evil Mr. Rogers

you may want to search about it elsewhere in this forum. some people have had compatibility problems with some models of blackberrys.
i have no problems with the 7290 from Rogers, OS 4.0.
Old 04-24-2005, 12:37 AM   #4
Jason_AB
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: BOLD
Carrier: at&t
Default bt800

what BB are you using...Caller ID works fine, you get a vibe on the 2nd ring.
The new 7520 software helped out...seee below.
I can confirm that the new software update does indeed help Bluetooth application. I have a BT 800 and prior to the handheld software update the echo on this was unbearable, even with the volume turned all the way down. I am happy to say that it has gotten better. At the low to mid point on volume I have minimal to some echo, in my SUV the volume down all the way is plenty loud to conduct business, In my convertible with the top up, it has to be at the mid point and, some echo is present.

Down side is I still can’t RELIABLY answer calls with it. It is improved from the last software, which you couldn’t answer the phone at all with the headset. Now I can but I click the answer button 1-3 times, you have to pay attention and listen for the connect tone from the earpiece. I click too many could hang the call up.

One more software upgrade and maybe we can get it correct, HTML, Bluetooth, SMS…….
Closed Thread