Old 12-16-2005, 03:50 PM   #1
14pups
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-mobile
Default T-Mobile > Cingular > T-Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

Here's the deal:

TMO customer for years (5810, 7230, 7100).
On BES as well.

Bought the 8700c 2 weeks ago and cancelled T-Mobile service.

Realized the errors of my ways this week and had the 8700c unlocked by Cingular. Then re-established my account with TMO. Cancelled Cingular acct.

Popped my original TMO sim card in the handheld and bingo. Voice, email, web.

Prob: While on TMO BIS site attempting to "Change handheld" and type in the new IMEI number (the PIN number is already pre-populated) I get this error message:

"Handheld change failed. The handheld you are using is already assocated with another account".

My Cingular account is definetely cancelled as I cannot log into their website with my phone number. Can it be possible that Cingular cancelled my voice service but not the BlackBerry Service??
Old 12-16-2005, 03:57 PM   #2
KonTiki
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9650
PIN: 007
Carrier: Verizon

With Cingular, anything is possible. I would call them to make sure that your data plan has been cancelled and the number released.

Running OS 6.0.0.524
Old 12-16-2005, 04:32 PM   #3
joginder

Model: Passp
Carrier: ATT

I know you can login in to Cingular's webiste and will tell you that you are no longer Cingular's customer. But it is still registered on Blackberry.net which redirects to Cingular. so you will have to call Cing and ask them to release the Phone from the backend network.
I had this problem with my last 7290 and it took about7 days. so this time when I moved my 8700 from Cingular to T-mo I waited for 3 days before I could call T-mo and put my device. I actually called Cingular and asked them if this device is still on their system and they said NO.. then only then I came to T-mo.
it is painful to get this resolved because you will have to call CIngular and cing will take you to RIM and since you cancelled the account they will start whinning.
Good luck
Old 12-18-2005, 10:24 AM   #4
14pups

Quote:
Originally Posted by joginder
I know you can login in to Cingular's webiste and will tell you that you are no longer Cingular's customer. But it is still registered on Blackberry.net which redirects to Cingular. so you will have to call Cing and ask them to release the Phone from the backend network.
I had this problem with my last 7290 and it took about7 days. so this time when I moved my 8700 from Cingular to T-mo I waited for 3 days before I could call T-mo and put my device. I actually called Cingular and asked them if this device is still on their system and they said NO.. then only then I came to T-mo.
it is painful to get this resolved because you will have to call CIngular and cing will take you to RIM and since you cancelled the account they will start whinning.
Good luck
Thanks joginder. You are exactly correct.

I initially called TMO and talked to a "tier 2" BB support guy and he said to delete the service books on the handheld that read "Web Client", which I did.
He also sent out 2 new service books to my device.

I thought everything was OK then but just for grins I logged into my supposedly "cancelled" Cingular BB Web Client site and guess what??
Yup, I was still seeing new emails there and they were also being forwarded to my 8700.

So this morning I call Cingular CS and of course the gal told me " Sir, we show both voice and data have been cancelled". I had to tell her that regardless of what her screen says I , in fact, am still receiving email on the device.

She was very polite and took accurate notes and said someone would call me Monday morning from their "BlackBerry group" and give me an update. I td her be sure to ut into her notes "release the phone from BlackBerry.net".

So hopefully this will happen soon. I am surprised the TMO guy thought he corrected the prob though initially.
Old 12-18-2005, 12:23 PM   #5
true_atlantis
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7100T
Carrier: Tmobile

i had this same problem with my 7290, the way i got it working was having tmobile get me to a blackberry rep, then i had to prove i actually had the specific device, then they released the PIN from the blackberry system, allwoing me to register it with tmobile
Old 12-18-2005, 04:37 PM   #6
n1976jmk
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9930
Carrier: Verizon

with the tmo sim in the bb, try to use the register now under advance options and see if that will set u up with the tmo bis.... then go back to ur desktop and log onto the tmo bis website and maybe then it will be changed? could work?
Old 12-22-2005, 06:15 AM   #7
14pups

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14pups
Thanks joginder. You are exactly correct.

I initially called TMO and talked to a "tier 2" BB support guy and he said to delete the service books on the handheld that read "Web Client", which I did.
He also sent out 2 new service books to my device.

I thought everything was OK then but just for grins I logged into my supposedly "cancelled" Cingular BB Web Client site and guess what??
Yup, I was still seeing new emails there and they were also being forwarded to my 8700.

So this morning I call Cingular CS and of course the gal told me " Sir, we show both voice and data have been cancelled". I had to tell her that regardless of what her screen says I , in fact, am still receiving email on the device.

She was very polite and took accurate notes and said someone would call me Monday morning from their "BlackBerry group" and give me an update. I td her be sure to ut into her notes "release the phone from BlackBerry.net".

So hopefully this will happen soon. I am surprised the TMO guy thought he corrected the prob though initially.
Well I am still receiving email on my 8700c through the Cingular BWC.

The latest explanation from a Cingular rep was that "the system" will automatically take you off Blackberry.net. He says this will be done within 30 days after my account @ Cingular was closed - Nov. 30 in my case.
Old 12-22-2005, 08:15 AM   #8
takeshi
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

They can manually do this and they can do so immediately. At least, T-Mo has been able to do this for me when I've had to release PIN's from their BWC/BIS.

If you can find a dead Blackberry you can associate your Cingular BWC with the dead device...
Old 12-22-2005, 08:31 AM   #9
nb_mitch
CrackBerry Addict

Carrier: AT&T

If you can still get into the cingular webclient, can you go in to change the handheld and remove the PIN number or enter an old PIN from a broken unused device?
Old 12-22-2005, 09:46 AM   #10
14pups

Quote:
Originally Posted by nb_mitch
If you can still get into the cingular webclient, can you go in to change the handheld and remove the PIN number or enter an old PIN from a broken unused device?
I just tried that.

Here is the message I got:

"The PIN and ESN/IMEI you have provided are not recognized.

Please ensure you have proceeded to the proper service provider's activation site, as specified within the provided documentation.

Contact Cingular Wireless at 1-866-CINGULAR for additional support."

Now I must mention that I plugged in the PIN and IMEI number off my rececently deactivated 7100t.
Old 12-22-2005, 10:04 AM   #11
Entropy666

PIN: 24311b91

Does anybody have a broken unused blackberry pin that i can use to clear out my settings from cingular? will such a thing work? Ill pay for it

Last edited by Entropy666; 12-22-2005 at 10:14 AM..
Old 12-22-2005, 11:35 AM   #12
barjohn

Model: 8700

If you go through T-Mobile's customer support and have them connect you to RIM support, they can transfer it over as they have it on their server and they can call Cingular and confirm that your account with Cingular is closed.

For more information see barJohn Reviews It
Active PIN 203A5535
Old 12-22-2005, 12:35 PM   #13
Entropy666

PIN: 24311b91

Thanks barjohn i will try that
Old 12-23-2005, 10:02 AM   #14
14pups

Quote:
Originally Posted by barjohn
If you go through T-Mobile's customer support and have them connect you to RIM support, they can transfer it over as they have it on their server and they can call Cingular and confirm that your account with Cingular is closed.
Success!

Called 866 490 2666 Cingular data support.

Told them I was no longer a Cingular client and needed the BWC closed.
The rep asked for my pin and the last 4 numbers of my SS#.

After about 2 mins on hold the rep came back on and said the BWC acct has been removed from Cingular's system.

Thanks for everyone's help.
Old 12-25-2005, 11:58 PM   #15
jdsboston

Model: 7290

Please tell us how it works on Tmobile after a few weeks!

I am curious as I have been with AttWS since before the Cingular merger and just because they are the first out with the 8700C doesn't mean I am committed to staying with them as my GSM provider...