BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 08:52 PM   #21
adjmp8

Model: 8700
Default Cingular is blocking Yahoo! Messenger

Please Login to Remove!

My friend was able to download Yahoo! Messenger on T-Mobile. It's a sweet application -- get the full contact list, super quick, and nice UI. But Cingular blocked this. My friend works at Yahoo! and says that Cingular is trying to make more revenue and distribute their own IM client ...

I've been calling their customer care and bugging them about it. I don't understand why every other carrier can get Y! IM except for Cingular. It's annoying
Old 08-31-2006, 05:59 PM   #22
obstacles can kill
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: at&t

i am not going to get into details due to privacy issues (and no, i will not explain more in a PM), but on a document i viewed a few weeks ago that was regarding "enhancements", it had a few different feature codes that should be loaded into the system sometime in the future (hopefully sooner than later). one of which had a description that stated "Free Yahoo IM for BB" (those were the words used. cant remember in what order)

BB Inventory:
9000, 8310, 8800,
8100 x2 (One Black, One Red), 8700c, 7290
Old 08-31-2006, 07:16 PM   #23
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
PIN: Agaboobie
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by obstacles can kill
(those were the words used. cant remember in what order)
Funny I can't remember if I came out feet first or head first, but my kids would tell me that doesn't matter cause I'm a lost cause, or just plain lost. Maybe I should have named my kids "Cingular".
Old 08-31-2006, 08:52 PM   #24
obstacles can kill
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinsonddog
Funny I can't remember if I came out feet first or head first, but my kids would tell me that doesn't matter cause I'm a lost cause, or just plain lost. Maybe I should have named my kids "Cingular".
i dont expect anyone to believe me. i dont have anything on BBF to justify my credibility like i do in other places. and im not saying that this definitely means its coming. im just stating what i saw. and i will do my best to find out the definites...

BB Inventory:
9000, 8310, 8800,
8100 x2 (One Black, One Red), 8700c, 7290
Old 09-12-2006, 07:35 PM   #25
zerog2k

Model: 8700c
Carrier: AT&T
Thumbs down

In the mean time, everyone should move forward with the complaints. Obviously, the only thing that will get this wheel greased is some squeakin'

It should combined for both the free Yahoo mail push and the BB Y! IM client.

Ideas:
- identify the best contact at Cingular (cust service, complaints dept, etc) for maximum consideration
- make a form complaint letter hitting all the key points so we can d/l, print, sign, and mail in to Cingular
- hit the key points: all Y! functionality is working 100% on all other major American carriers BIS 2.x implementation - why not cinguar
- If Cingular is moving away from Y! integration due to some interal biz dealings, then why does my Cingular branded Moto RAZR have a real-time working Yahoo IM client?
Old 09-13-2006, 11:39 AM   #26
vincentnyc
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8310

i use googletalk and it links with my yahoo messenger 2 months ago? it works great and it is free. am i missing something here?
Closed Thread