Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 05:56 AM   #1
cayzac
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Curve
Carrier: AT&T
Default Anyone tested video, mp3's?

Please Login to Remove!

My 8300 is scheduled to arrive Monday and I'm pumped! Has anyone installed a micro SD card and started playing around with MP3's? How does it sound? Is it easy to copy MP3's onto the 8300? Also, has anyone played around with converting DVD's and watching them on the 8300? Does the built-in Roxio software convert DVD's or do you have to use some other application to get video to your 8300? Thanks all!
Old 06-02-2007, 06:17 AM   #2
MiamiBerry
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700

Quote:
Originally Posted by cayzac View Post
My 8300 is scheduled to arrive Monday and I'm pumped! Has anyone installed a micro SD card and started playing around with MP3's? How does it sound? Is it easy to copy MP3's onto the 8300? Also, has anyone played around with converting DVD's and watching them on the 8300? Does the built-in Roxio software convert DVD's or do you have to use some other application to get video to your 8300? Thanks all!
I have a MicroSD loaded onto the curve, and played some mp3's; sound quality is very good, even witht the earphones that come with.
I have also hooked up a high end Sony pair of headphones to check the sound quality, and it sounds fine. I can tell you the Curve will replace my iPod next time I travel. The ipod will now sit in its craddle at home hooked to my stereo.
There are no equalization options in the player (as with all the other bberrys), but in my opinion treble, mid and bass levels are good.
As far as videos are concerned, haven't tried, can't help you there.
Old 06-02-2007, 06:26 AM   #3
cayzac

If you're listening to MP3's and a call comes in does the music stop playing?
Old 06-02-2007, 06:30 AM   #4
MiamiBerry
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by cayzac View Post
If you're listening to MP3's and a call comes in does the music stop playing?
yep
Old 06-02-2007, 08:20 AM   #5
J

I've now got video and stuff on my phone, music too...no phone I ever had was able to have video or music or the likes, so I'm overly impressed right now.

The video is gorgeous and the music is crazy loud and vivid, even when I leave it in my holster and just walk around outside the house cleaning up or inside, it's still very loud.

Awsome.

I'm quickly going to go through this 2gb microsd card, so I probably should have waited and not rushed and ordered a 4gb. Hindsight I gather...
Old 06-02-2007, 09:26 AM   #6
cayzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsleAquatica-NiuNiu View Post
I've now got video and stuff on my phone, music too...no phone I ever had was able to have video or music or the likes, so I'm overly impressed right now.

The video is gorgeous and the music is crazy loud and vivid, even when I leave it in my holster and just walk around outside the house cleaning up or inside, it's still very loud.

Awsome.

I'm quickly going to go through this 2gb microsd card, so I probably should have waited and not rushed and ordered a 4gb. Hindsight I gather...
Do you have some other 3rd party software to get videos to the Curve or does the builtin Roxio software handle that for you?
Old 06-02-2007, 10:12 AM   #7
jscottcj
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: BOLD

The Roxio software handles video, ringtones, pictures, music... all of that stuff...

It's a pretty intuitive GUI that it uses... just find the folder on your computer in the top panel - and drop it in the blackberry on the bottom panel... even converts the file a little for "optimal" playback - ha ha
Old 06-02-2007, 10:21 AM   #8
cayzac

How well does Roxio compress DVDs onto the Berry? The reason I ask is Makayama (DVD and video to Blackberry - only two clicks needed) boasts that it can put 15 hours (8 movies) on a 1gb stick. That just seems amazing to me.
Old 06-02-2007, 11:20 AM   #9
splitsick
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8300
Carrier: at&t

They have changed the mp3 player on the curve vs the pearl/8800. It automatically puts your mp3 into categories artists, albums, genres etc. Just like i-tunes. The speaker volume is also louder and crisper. But the best part of the curve is that you can view videos in full screen mode...very cool.
Old 06-02-2007, 11:35 AM   #10
rugmankc

Model: 8900
Carrier: Cincinnati Bell

What video can you download OTA like video news/sports clips?
Old 06-02-2007, 11:44 AM   #11
schnergun
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Anyone know what format the videos have to be in. I loaded a video onto my memory card in 3gp format and it said error in playback on my new curve. Any info would for sure help!
Old 06-02-2007, 01:57 PM   #12
J

No clue what format they have to be in, so yes, the roxio software does it for me.

Poor rugman, he cannot find out if he can get those clips OVA.....I myself do not know.

15 hours on a 1gb stick, IS AMAZING......have you used that?
Old 06-02-2007, 02:13 PM   #13
cayzac

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsleAquatica-NiuNiu
No clue what format they have to be in, so yes, the roxio software does it for me.

Poor rugman, he cannot find out if he can get those clips OVA.....I myself do not know.

Nope, not yet. That's why I was wondering what everyone was using. I've downloaded the trial. I'll probably give it a shot Monday when my Curve comes in (unless one of you Curve-owners want to try it before Monday!).
Old 06-02-2007, 03:17 PM   #14
rugmankc

Quote:

I may never get an answer. I have it on several threads. My guess is no. May have to wait and check it out with a sales rep in my local retail store when one of them buys an 8300.
Old 06-02-2007, 04:47 PM   #15
konsumer

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A

does anyone know if the camera will take video on the 8300?
Old 06-02-2007, 04:56 PM   #16
9thtee
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Cingular

The Makayama software is awesome. The demo only creates a 3 minute file but id does this in like 45 seconds. And uploads to the Curve perfectly. It is really a couple clicks to get the video file on the Curve.

I have ordered a registration key to unlock it so I can do complete DVD's.

Mark
Old 06-02-2007, 04:59 PM   #17
J

9thtee, that sounds awsome!!!!

Rugman.....do you have the phone? U can go to one of the sites and see if you can do it....
Old 06-02-2007, 05:57 PM   #18
cayzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thtee View Post
The Makayama software is awesome. The demo only creates a 3 minute file but id does this in like 45 seconds. And uploads to the Curve perfectly. It is really a couple clicks to get the video file on the Curve.

I have ordered a registration key to unlock it so I can do complete DVD's.

Mark
Great news! After you get the registration key and burn a DVD let us know the results...how long it takes, how much room it uses on the berry, etc. I'm interested in how the Curve's battery will hold up after trying to watch a 2 hour movie?!?
Old 06-02-2007, 06:28 PM   #19
rugmankc

Quote:
9thtee, that sounds awsome!!!!

Rugman.....do you have the phone? U can go to one of the sites and see if you can do it....

Not yet. It is something I would like very much. I am not into downloading music. Not sold 100% on the 8300, maybe I'll wait for the 9xxx. Also, not sure if I can back-up to desktop, then xfer all my calendar items, many with recurrence dates, from the 8700c (4.1OS) to the 8300(4.2OS) and not lose any data. I have quite a few entries. If that's possible and I can can open news/sports video clips, I'll probably buy one.
Old 06-02-2007, 08:48 PM   #20
9thtee
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Cingular

The Makayama software continued...

As it turned out, the registration key was in the Handandgo email... Also, I had to download a full version of the program.

A couple things I found out while using the demo. You need to go to the Advanced tab and choose english (or whatever language you want) as the first time the audio was in Russian. Also, you need to answer Yes for the Mass Storage Mode when you hook the Curve up to the PC.

So I now have Borat on my Curve! The movie is 1 hour 26 minutes long. It took 27 minutes from the time it started until it was finished writing to the Curve. The movie takes up a total of 254MB. It was split into 5 parts, named part_1_Borat, part_2_Borat, etc. The files have a .3gp extension.

Video and audio quality are great. I started with a fully charged Curve. After watching the entire movie (5 parts) the status screen shows the battery level at 85%. Full screen mode is great!

I will be using this software often.

Mark

Last edited by 9thtee; 06-02-2007 at 09:51 PM..
Closed Thread